Periodization, Which Type?

What type of periodization does everyone use around here if any? I am asking since I am curious on what would work for olympic lifting since most of the stuff I have found about it is for powerlifting.

Blocks are just one of the ways.

Say 4 weeks blocks. Lets say you want to use doubles in the snatch and sayyyy heavy singles in the cnj.

You could start with 6 doubles, then 7 next week, the 8 etc and in the cnj 6 singles, then 7 etc

Or you could stay with 6 double and 6 singles but increase the weight each week.

Then after the four weeks, start again but with a bit higher of a starting weight. After 2-3 blocks you could use a one week block and max at the end/through out the week. Did they go up? If so rinse and repeat. If not, change something.

Would it be worthwhile to do a accumulation (mostly doubles and triples, with hypertrophy and dealing with weaknesses ) and intensification (going to max double or single with quite a bit of back off sets with extra strength work for what is needed) for olympic lifters, or is that better suited to powerlifting?

No periodization for me. I just go as heavy as I can for the day.

I did loads of wave loading for the first three years of training.

Koing

[quote]DSSG wrote:
Would it be worthwhile to do a accumulation (mostly doubles and triples, with hypertrophy and dealing with weaknesses ) and intensification (going to max double or single with quite a bit of back off sets with extra strength work for what is needed) for olympic lifters, or is that better suited to powerlifting?[/quote]

That would be fine, whatever works for you. If your lifts go up, keep at it.

Like Koing pointed out it didnt work for him, so he tried something else.

More than one way to skin a cat.

I like to alternate blocks of kicking ass and taking names with blocks of being a lazy asshole.

The lengths of the blocks are pretty flexible.

[quote]TheJonty wrote:
I like to alternate blocks of kicking ass and taking names with blocks of being a lazy asshole.

The lengths of the blocks are pretty flexible.[/quote]

See now other people would call that a “deload,” but Jonty doesn’t delude himself with fancy terms. Haha.