Peri-Workout with New Formulas?

I apologize if this has already been talked about but I looked around and couldn’t find anything.

I use Biotest products for pretty much everything but don’t follow the forums and spills too often. With the new formulas, what is the recommended peri-workout nutrition? I currently have SWF, Anaconda, and Surge Recovery. I’m going to use these until I run out but I’m curious on what I should do for my next order. Should I replace Surge Recovery with MAG-10? How long before and after should I have certain shakes?

Thanks for the help

[quote]gasmit2 wrote:
I use Biotest products for pretty much everything but don’t follow the forums and spills too often. With the new formulas, what is the recommended peri-workout nutrition? I currently have SWF, Anaconda, and Surge Recovery. I’m going to use these until I run out but I’m curious on what I should do for my next order. Should I replace Surge Recovery with MAG-10? How long before and after should I have certain shakes?
[/quote]
As was explained here, straight along the label recommendations. The “basic” idea would be to have Anaconda just before and during training, MAG-10 about an hour after.
http://www.T-Nation.com/strength-training-topics/1798

Some people also have a Finibar (or three) a while before training, if they need/want more calories and carbs. Or Mag-10 and Finibars can be alternated for some time after training.

I’d say definitely. MAG-10 is something you can also have between meals. You can’t do that with Surge Recovery.

Now please give me a moment of silence for the long gone Root Beer Surge Recovery. It was the greatest flavor. Ever.

I’m going to continue a moment of silence for quila lime Spike.

Anyways, Do they not recommend anything immediately post workout? I had been goign with Anaconda/SWF (1/2 serving each) before/during then Surge Recovery immediately after and a solid meal 1 hour after. Should I just wait an hour after to have anythning?

They created it to make it more simple but im still a bit confused haha. So I guess the only 2 peri-workout things I’m going to buy are Anaconda and MAG-10, probably not going to get Finibars.

[quote]gasmit2 wrote:
I’m going to continue a moment of silence for quila lime Spike.[/quote]
Ha, I’m an Orange Gold guy. I didn’t even notice the lime was gone. But the lime was great with Diet Sprite. :wink:

Yep, if your pre and during workout nutrition is spot-on, you don’t need anything immediately post-training. Your body already has, and is using, all the nutrients it needs.

The MAG-10 would be an hour or so after you’re finished. Some people will go from there either alternating MAG-10 or a Finibar every half hour for a few hours (discussed in the link I posted above), or just a second MAG-10 an hour after the first (so two hours post-workout) or just wait a bit after that first MAG-10 and eat something.

Lots of options, so play around with them based on your goals and see what you respond best to.

EDIT: [quote]They created it to make it more simple but im still a bit confused haha. So I guess the only 2 peri-workout things I’m going to buy are Anaconda and MAG-10, probably not going to get Finibars.[/quote]
No prob. Just follow the “Recommended Use” label suggestions for Anaconda and the “Post Workout Recovery” label suggestions for MAG-10. The labels have also been updated to account for the most effective way to use the new formulas.

Not sure where my first repsonse went. Thanks for the help. I’m going to finish up what I have then move on to MAG-10. Hopefully the new formula works as well as they say it should.

I’ll probably go with a small meal 90 minutes before (Greek yogurt, ezekial bread seems to be the usual these days) then Anaconda 30 minutes pre through my workout then MAG-10 45 min-1 hour after and a solid meal about 90 minutes post. Trying to make it relatively simple while still getting the best resutls possible within my budget.

Your plan sounds pretty much exactly like what I am doing. I typically do a Metabolic Drive low carb shake about 45 minutes before my workout. New Anaconda 15 minutes before and during, then a shot of new MAG-10 an hour after I finish training. Then I eat a solid meal about 30 minutes after my MAG-10.

Only been doing this for a couple weeks, but it seems like the results are speaking for themselves. Hope this helps. I am not taking FINiBARs or Indigo either.

PS: I do a 16 hour fast/8 hour feeding window so basically I eat from noon to 8 PM and then skip breakfast. I have been doing a shot of MAG-10 in the morning as well. I train at about 5:30 PM every day.

Just placed my order for MAG-10, switched over to only Anaconda last week. Can’t wait to see the results.

Can someone explain to me the concept of protein-pulsing. I’m aware that they recommend you take MAG-10 between meals as a pulsing effect, but I’m not sure exactly what it means…

Thanks

[quote]gasmit2 wrote:
Just placed my order for MAG-10, switched over to only Anaconda last week. Can’t wait to see the results.

Can someone explain to me the concept of protein-pulsing. I’m aware that they recommend you take MAG-10 between meals as a pulsing effect, but I’m not sure exactly what it means…

Thanks[/quote]

Below is from a spill a few weeks ago that should clear up some of your questions about the “concept” of pulsing…

The thing that is anabolic is NOT the amount of protein eaten but rather the contrast between the peaks and valleys of blood aminoacidemia. A constant level of blood amino acid (which happens when you eat very frequent solid protein meals… that has a slow trickle of amino acid to the blood) will actually desensitize the body to amino acids AND increase protein oxydation.

You want a protein that gets in the blood as fast as humanly possible, the faster the better. In that regard the new MAG-10 is even superior to the old formula since di and tri-peptides have their own transporter… it’s the closest thing possible to having an amino acid IV drip. The faster it’s in you, the higher the peak is… the higher the peak is (versus the normal level) the more anabolism is stimulated.

Now, there are a few good times to utilize a pulse, upon waking, post-training and prior to bed. As far as in between meals, you just want to make sure you give yourself a good amount of time to make it an efficient pulse. Example if you eat breakfast at 6a.m and eat lunch at say 1p.m, placing a pulse at 10:00-10:30a.m would give sufficent time to create the peak and valley you would want.

Post-training you want to use a pulse anywhere from 15min-1hr afterwards, and with a pulse prior to bed just be sure you don’t have your last solid meal to late, or else it will make for an insufficient pulse.

As a follow up, will having a Finibar then a MAG-10 pulse 1/2 hour later (as in the staggering of MAG-10 and Finibars post workout) interfere with the absorption of the MAG-10? Is 1/2 hour enough time for the Finibar to be digested? Obviously it cannot be completely digested in that time; so will this slow the absorption of the next MAG-10 pulse?

Crowbar

[quote]crowbar46 wrote:
As a follow up, will having a Finibar then a MAG-10 pulse 1/2 hour later (as in the staggering of MAG-10 and Finibars post workout) interfere with the absorption of the MAG-10? Is 1/2 hour enough time for the Finibar to be digested? Obviously it cannot be completely digested in that time; so will this slow the absorption of the next MAG-10 pulse?

Crowbar[/quote]
I believe they said have the MAG-10 pulse 30mins prior to a FINiBAR, not the other way around. I’ve also heard CT mention that you should have a MAG-10 pulse only after 90-120 mins or so after you eat.

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:

[quote]gasmit2 wrote:
[/quote]
As was explained here, straight along the label recommendations. The “basic” idea would be to have Anaconda just before and during training, MAG-10 about an hour after.
http://www.T-Nation.com/strength-training-topics/1798

Some people also have a Finibar (or three) a while before training, if they need/want more calories and carbs. Or MAG-10 and Finibars can be alternated for some time after training.

I’d say definitely. MAG-10 is something you can also have between meals. You can’t do that with Surge Recovery.

Now please give me a moment of silence for the long gone Root Beer Surge Recovery. It was the greatest flavor. Ever.[/quote]

I’ve still got 2 tubs of the root beer flavor. Got a ton of it when it was being discontinued.

[quote]PB Andy wrote:

[quote]crowbar46 wrote:

Crowbar[/quote]
I believe they said have the MAG-10 pulse 30mins prior to a FINiBAR, not the other way around. I’ve also heard CT mention that you should have a MAG-10 pulse only after 90-120 mins or so after you eat.[/quote]

Actually, 120-180 minutes depending on the size of a meal. At least that’s what he said a couple of days ago.

As for the FINiBARs - at least in the case of pre-workout 40-60 minutes before Anaconda was mentioned as a good time to take them, so I would go with the same for having them before MAG-10, ALTHOUGH the staggered approach did have them 30 minutes away from MAG-10.