Peri-Workout Surge

Hi. I just re-read CW’s tips:

http://www.T-Nation.com/article/bodybuilding/4_guaranteed_tips

He is such an advocate of drinking Surge DURING workouts.

I tried this before, and I could swear that drinking the same amount, only during rather than after caused me to be unable to lose fat (I was in a cutting phase).

But maybe I am mistaken. What are other’s experiences with this protocol?

Every person is different, if you experimented with it during instead of before or after and your body had adverse affects from it. Then you have your solution?

Was there anything else that you did differently while using Surge during the workouts?

[quote]sarah1 wrote:
I tried this before, and I could swear that drinking the same amount, only during rather than after caused me to be unable to lose fat (I was in a cutting phase).

But maybe I am mistaken. What are other’s experiences with this protocol?[/quote]

I think it’s psychological since there’s no reason why Surge during training would slow fat loss as long as you’re training with intensity.

No reason it should slow fat loss, I have been using a peri workout method, 1/2-2/3 during, the rest immidately post. I also add about another 20gs of BCAAs. I continued to lose weigth while using this method. I found it increased my productivity also, especially when low carbing it.