T Nation

Peri Workout Protocols and Soreness

So has anybody that has started doing some kind of peri workout nutrition be it Anaconda or ones from CT’s “peri workout nutrition” thread or just using ur own stuff like tang, oatmeal etc notice a reduction in soreness?

Like i have a couple of really stellar workouts and soreness was hardly what i expected it to be(yes i know soreness isn’t necessary bla bla bla but it does help as an indicator).

I did the original CT protocol for about 6 months and I was able to beat myself up without getting sore. I made some great gains on that. I don’t think I regressed a single workout, whereas normally I’d regress probably 1 in every 5 times I did a workout, maybe 2-3 if I was really busting my balls for a change of pace.

And that protocol is supposed to be chump change compared to Anaconda protocol…I’m stoked to try it.

Definitely a reduction in soreness. Makes it more of an accomplishment when I can actually inflict a little next day tenderness in a session.

S

[quote]BlakedaMan wrote:
I did the original CT protocol for about 6 months and I was able to beat myself up without getting sore. I made some great gains on that. I don’t think I regressed a single workout, whereas normally I’d regress probably 1 in every 5 times I did a workout, maybe 2-3 if I was really busting my balls for a change of pace.

And that protocol is supposed to be chump change compared to Anaconda protocol…I’m stoked to try it.[/quote]

I’m just starting what I think to be the old protocol or close to it. Can you give me advice or tell what protocol you used during this time?

Mine is this:

-45 min - 1 FINiBAR
-30 min - 2 scoops Workout Fuel
-10 min - 1 scoop Recovery
during - 1 scoop Recovery
+30 min - solid meal

Can you give me any tips on how to improve or maybe if I should add in some CH from Peptopro?

Thanks

Here’s what I did:

-90: 3 caps Alpha-GPC
-60: 2 FINiBARs
-30: 2 scoops SWF
-10: 2 scoops SR
during: 20g Peptopro
+60: 12g Peptopro (sometimes)
+75: solid meal

In my opinion, first concentrate on getting up to all the calorie-containing parts of the protocol, then go for the Alpha-GPC. Thibs may think otherwise, but at your point the calories will be a huge help - I know they were for me. Honestly, I ran out of Alpha-GPC for about 2 weeks and noticed only a small difference. However, I did later switch to using it before bed and it gave me some awesome sleep. I think before bed has a larger effect for me than pre-workout with Alpha-GPC.

What you have now so far doesn’t look bad at all. It’s in the same spirit, just smaller amounts. If you’re gaining, why fuck with the recipe? You can always build up to the amounts above as progress slows or as your pockets get deeper.

Thanks for the reply. I get plenty of calories and have been gaining pretty well for the past few months so I’ll take your advice and just stick to what I’m doing.

“If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it”

[quote]ashylarryku wrote:

[quote]BlakedaMan wrote:

And that protocol is supposed to be chump change compared to Anaconda protocol…I’m stoked to try it.[/quote]

I’m just starting what I think to be the old protocol or close to it. Can you give me advice or tell what protocol you used during this time?

Mine is this:

-45 min - 1 FINiBAR
-30 min - 2 scoops Workout Fuel
-10 min - 1 scoop Recovery
during - 1 scoop Recovery
+30 min - solid meal

Can you give me any tips on how to improve or maybe if I should add in some CH from Peptopro?

Thanks[/quote]

If possible, put some CH in your “recovery” during workout and pulse with CH again +60, then +90 have a solid meal. It takes most people around an hour after the completion of their workout for catecholamines and the like to return to normal so I would remove that +30 solid meal.