Peri-Workout Nutrition

As stated in your thread this is ideal without Anaconda,

PROTOCOL 1 (1-3 times per week, when working on a weak area)
Workout - 60 = Alpha-GPC
W - 40 = 1 FINiBAR
W - 30 = 2 scoops Surge Workout Fuel
W - 15 = 2 scoops Surge Recovery
During workout (early half) = 1 FINiBAR
During workout (later half) = 1 scoop Surge Workout Fuel
W + 15 = Grow! Whey 2 scoops
W + 90 minutes = Grow! Whey 2 scoops

Im not bastardizing but i dont currently have FINiBAR or GPC so i am doing everything but that untill i recieve them in the mail.

What i do want to know that may or may not have been answered in your 45 page thread is when to take the Metabolic Drive and bcaa’s I have from before? Should i take the Metabolic Drive in the morning or night? or just continue with the scoop of Grow! in the morning. This is also assuming taking 4 Flameout throughout the day.

Any words of wisdom out there?

So I’ve continued reading the thread and tried this today.

W - 30 = 2 scoops Surge Workout Fuel + 6 BCAA tablets
W - 15 = 2 scoops Surge Recovery + 5g Creatine
During workout (later half) = 1 scoop Surge Workout Fuel
W + 15 = Grow! Whey 2 scoops + 5g Creatine
W + 90 minutes = Grow! Whey 2 scoops

Any thoughts?

When should I take Metabolic Drive in the Morning and Evenings, just wondering because I have a tub and a half left and don’t want it to go to waste.

Continuing my own thread…

So it has been 7 weeks and ive been using the above protocol with IBB and it has been working great. I have went from 185 to 205 and I’ll tell you its not fat. I have upgraded my arsenol of Biotest and I am currently taking everything in the first post minus the GPC plus creatine and BCAA’s as shown in the second.

If i took time to math it out I’m sure I’m nearing the cost of the Anaconda protocol but, currently I’m happy with the results I’m getting.

Quick question: I’m assuming the new Surge WOF should be taken the same time before and during workout as above but I could be wrong.

To keep rambling IBB is a an amazing program and I thank you for providing it to the public of the T-Nation

[quote]KSU 2 CA wrote:
Continuing my own thread…

So it has been 7 weeks and ive been using the above protocol with IBB and it has been working great. I have went from 185 to 205 and I’ll tell you its not fat. I have upgraded my arsenol of Biotest and I am currently taking everything in the first post minus the GPC plus creatine and BCAA’s as shown in the second.

If i took time to math it out I’m sure I’m nearing the cost of the Anaconda protocol but, currently I’m happy with the results I’m getting.

Quick question: I’m assuming the new Surge WOF should be taken the same time before and during workout as above but I could be wrong.

To keep rambling IBB is a an amazing program and I thank you for providing it to the public of the T-Nation[/quote]

Yes, the timing of the product doesn’t change.

KSU for the 2 scoops Surge Recovery are you carrying that into your workout or downing it all right there?

Down the Surge Recovery before and at first it seems like a ton of liquid. I have since been able to handle it and using a little less liquid in my mixes but not to much. I’ve taken the Surge and only drank what i feel comfortable with. Sometimes its wasting some but might as well be comfortable.

Coach,

Would there be any extra benefit of having all the ANACONDA pre-workout and having just MAG-10 during instead of mixing them together and having half before and half during?

[quote]nycsfinest wrote:
Coach,

Would there be any extra benefit of having all the ANACONDA pre-workout and having just MAG-10 during instead of mixing them together and having half before and half during?[/quote]

I honestly wouldn’t think so.

Thib, would it be alright to just drink SWF throughout the training session (starting 15 mins beforehand), and slam the entire Surge Recovery 10 min beforehand? I’ve been doing that lately since I like sipping on SWF during my workout.

Thib, actually lately I’ve been getting insulin crashes 20 or so mins after taking 2 scoops of Surge Recovery. I would prefer not to spend too much money on Anaconda, so I came up with this. Any gripes?

-30 mins 2 FINiBARs
-20 mins gulp down 1/3 of 2 scoops SWF/2 scoops MAG-10
-10 mins 1 scoop Surge Recovery (5g creatine added)
During workout drink SWF/MAG-10
+15 2 scoops Whey Concentrate/Whey Isolate mix

Thanks.