T Nation

Peri-Workout Drink Opinions?

Would 5g creatine, 5g glutamine, and 5g BCAA mixed with gatorade be sufficient?

I would add some whey protein, and the gatorade should be the powder kind from the grocery store if you’re going to the homemade route. I would look into the TMuscle store and check out Surge Recovery; it’s really great stuff.

Scoop workout fuel before workout, spike cap, then sip on scoop workout fuel during. Worth every penny.

If that’s our of your price range, what you have listed will work well. Creatine makes me feel bloated sometimes, so I usually take it after the workout with my shake.

I’ve been happy in the past with Surge, as well as very happy lately with Anaconda. If price is an issue, I made due very well in the past with some crystal light powder, 15g BCAAs, and 5g leucine.

S

I have been trying to get my pre/during drink on point as well lately… I have been doing about 40 grams of maltodextrin from now carbo gain powder, 20g of whey protein, about 2.5 grams of creatine, and about 2.5 grams of glutamine. after my workout i have 20g of whey protein, 2.5 grams of glutamine and chocolate milk. Should i be adding any more of anything? How much leucine should i add to each drink? and regarding bcaa’s could i replace that for the protein before/during, or just add it?

You could try the poor (or tightass, whichever) mans Anaconda. Hydrolyzed casein + leucine + gatorade powder to taste. Have been using this for about a month. My sense of smell must be much better than my sense of taste. The mix smells like unwashed ass but can drink it just fine :slight_smile:

[quote]weightHERO wrote:
I have been doing about 40 grams of maltodextrin from now carbo gain powder, 20g of whey protein, about 2.5 grams of creatine, and about 2.5 grams of glutamine. after my workout i have 20g of whey protein, 2.5 grams of glutamine and chocolate milk. Should i be adding any more of anything? [/quote]

I think the usual dosing for creating (monohydrate) is 5g a day.