5g BCAA
1 Scoop SURGE Recovery
2 Scoops Grow! Whey

During
15g BCAA

5g Creatine
2g Beta Alanine
1 Scoop Grow! Whey

If Bill or anyone else with the knowledge could help me understand what needs to be changed now that I will have access to SURGE Workout Fuel?

Looking at the ingredients I’m assuming the beta alanine and scoop of SURGE Recovery before could be taken out and possibly the BCAAs since there is already a stack in the SURGE Workout Fuel to prevent muscle breakdown.

I’m excited about this stuff, if it is as good as Bartl preached, then this could change a lot.

I’m not Bill, but if this stuff does what it says it does, I would use SURGE Workout Fuel pre and during workout and maybe double up on SURGE Recovery PWO, or punch in your old pre workout calories elsewhere in the day.

Judging from the little bit I’ve read in the product thread I’ll simply be using SURGE Workout Fuel pre/during the workout, and having a 1.5 serving of SURGE Recovery PWO.

I guess we’ll just have to mess around with it once it gets delivered.

-Matt

[quote]Higgins wrote:
Well my normal intake looks like this

Pre
2g Beta Alanine
5g BCAA
1 Scoop SURGE Recovery
2 Scoops Grow! Whey

During
15g BCAA

5g Creatine
2g Beta Alanine
1 Scoop Grow! Whey[/quote]

What I do myself varies on the workout, but in workouts where before I would have done somewhat similarly to what you describe, I now do the following.

For the sake of completeness I’m going well backwards in time before the preworkout drink, but you could omit all of that.

45 min pre workout: Power Drive plus BCAA’s (16 grams, about the same as yours) plus Superfood plus 5 g ribose (not necessary) plus 1 tbsp spirulina (DEFINITELY not necessary), plus I take my multivitamin and various supplements such as antioxidants and 1/2 tbsp coconut oil at this time (none of these necessary for workout purposes either.)

I used to take acetyl-L-carnitine, Co-Q10, and cinnamon extract at this point, but now use ReceptorMax as it contains these.

15 min preworkout: 1/2 scoop SURGE Workout Fuel in 5 ounces water, plus a Spike Shooter

Preworkout: The most similar to what you are doing would be to omit the SURGE Recovery, use 2 scoops of SURGE Workout Fuel, and keep the Grow! Whey. The BCAA and beta-alanine can now be omitted, including during the workout. (Using Beta-7 for the remainder of the day remains a good idea.)

The reason to do that rather than the following would be if you are doing what you do now because of not handling carbs well.

If that’s not a problem, then what I would do is use 2 scoops of SURGE Recovery along with the 2 scoops of SURGE Workout Fuel. In fact that is what I do most of the time.

Post: The exact same, but add in a scoop of SURGE Workout Fuel. If you want BCAA’s could be taken at this time, I do myself anyway. (I also take another 10 g ribose at this point, but it’s unnecessary.)

EDIT: The above ribose amounts were what I intended to be taking myself and what I’d suggest if someone wanted to use ribose and did not mind the cost. In fact I take it by tablespoon measure, not by the gram, and had not weighed that till now, at which point I found my general use had been a little higher in grams than these figures, bit no matter. However, for the sake of accuracy I mention it. It is a costly supplement and not required for people to use.

Thanks a ton Bill. I’m pretty sure I can speak for all of us and thank you for the time you put in answering all of our questions.

Glad to be of help!

Appreciate the replies, Bill.

Unlike the OP, I superdose on BCAA’s as per Poliquin’s recommendations (.44 grams per pound of body weight).

I have a scoop of Grow! Whey 40 minutes pre-workout, split 30g of BCAA’s pre and peri-workout, and then have Surge Recovery (2 scoops) post-workout. Is there any point to consuming this amount of BCAA’s if using Surge Workout Fuel? If not, by how much should I decrease the amount used? I saw that you included Leucine in Stack 1, but I’m not sure what to make of that.

Also, do you actually recommend one or two scoops? Above, you wrote:
“2 scoops of SURGE Workout Fuel,” but in the product description, the recommended dosage is 1 scoop. What’s better? If 2 scoops are better, do they make or break the whole deal compared to 1 scoop?

G

Huh… I made a pretty long post earlier on, but seems like it didn’t display. Anyway.

I consumer about 0.44g of BCAA’s / kilo pre-peri workout, as per Poliquin. That works out to about 36grams - I take 12 pre-workout, 12 peri-workout, and get about 12 from SURGE recovery post-workout. I also take some Whey and fruit before working out.

Anyway, I appreciate your previous reply, but my question is: for someone superdosing on BCAA’s, how should they adjust intake if they start on the workout fuel? And do you actually recommend 1 or 2 servings per workout? Because in the product description it says 1, and yet you’ve advised the guy above to take 2.

[quote]G87 wrote:

“2 scoops of SURGE Workout Fuel,” but in the product description, the recommended dosage is 1 scoop. What’s better? If 2 scoops are better, do they make or break the whole deal compared to 1 scoop?

G[/quote]

It’s 2 scoops per hour add 10 oz per scoop.

Bill, your responses are great. Thanks a ton man!!

Sorry OP, nothing to add. lol.

Hey guys this is a little off topic, but do you like the powder BCAA’s or the tablets? I’ve been using the powder some GNC brand and am thinking about switching to the Biotest tablets, but only if it’s worth it.

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:
Hey guys this is a little off topic, but do you like the powder BCAA’s or the tablets? I’ve been using the powder some GNC brand and am thinking about switching to the Biotest tablets, but only if it’s worth it.[/quote]

Tablets are better for anytime other than during your workout simply because ease of use. I personally use both, powder for during workouts to sip on, and tablets outside.

[quote]Higgins wrote:
usmccds423 wrote:
Hey guys this is a little off topic, but do you like the powder BCAA’s or the tablets? I’ve been using the powder some GNC brand and am thinking about switching to the Biotest tablets, but only if it’s worth it.

Tablets are better for anytime other than during your workout simply because ease of use. I personally use both, powder for during workouts to sip on, and tablets outside.[/quote]

That makes sense thanks man

[quote]redgladiator wrote:
G87 wrote:

G

It’s 2 scoops per hour add 10 oz per scoop.
[/quote]

Oh yeah, that’s true… I wonder if I’d still get benefits from just having 1 scoop. The price isn’t a problem, but shipping things to Russia is!