T Nation

Performance Supplements for Teens?

I'm 15. Right now I'm doing track, wrestling, and lifting mostly upper body when I'm not too tired. I take carlsons fish oil, Flameout and Surge. Is there anything I could take now to help in performance/strength? 

During the summer, I’ll start lifting for football and I might take creatine. Any thoughts on this or BCAA’s? My diet is very clean (lot of meat, veggies, fruit) and I get an adequate amount of sleep. Are any of the other supps in the store here safe for me or even worth it?

Thanks

With regards to safety of the supps in the store here, I would avoid Spike, HRX & test boosters at your age.

If you feel you are happy with your diet - and I really don’t see a need for any extra supps over the one you’re already using at your age - then I would suggest you try creatine & BCAA’s.

[quote]nms33 wrote:
I’m 15. Right now I’m doing track, wrestling, and lifting mostly upper body when I’m not too tired. I take carlsons fish oil, Flameout and Surge. Is there anything I could take now to help in performance/strength?

During the summer, I’ll start lifting for football and I might take creatine. Any thoughts on this or BCAA’s? My diet is very clean (lot of meat, veggies, fruit) and I get an adequate amount of sleep. Are any of the other supps in the store here safe for me or even worth it?

Thanks[/quote]

Forget the supplements, just use what you have now. Instead, start a good lifting program like TBT. Make sure to do some leg work. You’ll see the biggest gains from legs and your upper body should respond well too.

Creatine is 10$ for a few months supply and you can hardly hurt yourself with it, so go ahead and see what it does for you.

Fish oil is a good idea at any age and Surge probably a luxury, but why not.

Seems like you’ve already got a good list. No need to go overboard on the supplements.

I agree if diet, training etc are spot on the others id look at would be creatine and BETA-7

Phill

Creatine, BETA-7, BCAA

I am a wrestler too and my senior year really depends on me being as strong as possible. I am in the 215 weight class and right now I weigh about 210 at 20% bodyfat. I have a really good weight program for the summer but i wanted to look into supplements to gain an advantage. ideally i would like to be about 220 and 12% by the beginning of wrestling. any words in terms of supplements that would help. I looked at Berardi’s guide for Grapplers and he says Creatine, Surge, and some protein powder. any thoughts would be great