Perfecting New Diet & Workout Plan

Ok i posted a thread about my crappy diet a while ago and a lot of good people here, after some ridicule, pointed me in the right direction. So after a few weeks of readings, I am trying to come up with a better diet plan.

I was basing my new Diet off of T-Dawg 2.0 (although not sure how strict it is as far as exact calories, maybe someone here can help me with that)

Today I just started lifting again. With the:

The Waterbury Summer Project
by Chad Waterbury
07/04/06

Which I must say, day 1 felt pretty f’ing good. Prolly coulda went a tad heavier, but my legs are pretty shot now. And I play hockey once a week, plus
I ve been doing mostly cardio (bike - 12miles or run -5miles in 50min or HIIT -20min) and light stuff(pushups, abs, dips, pull-ups) 4 to 5 days a week on the reg, at least for a few months now, trying to shed the last 10 lbs of body fat. I�??ve been kinda stuck for a while now (results wise), which was the reason for the first postings last month.

Here�??s my newbie post from few weeks back:
http://www.T-Nation.com/tmagnum/readTopic.do?id=2025628&pageNo=0

So the diet�??s been changed a month now, but starting today with all the extra Biotest supps:

Mon - Fri

MORNING:
7AM
3-BCAA’s (Biotest)
1-GNC Mega Men Multi Sport

8AM
Metabolic Drive
3-GNC Omega Complex

9:30
1 cup package of Quaker Reg. Oatmeal
then either 1: Lowfat yogart/Fruit/2tsp jiff Peanut Butter
I must say most days its yogart.

NOON
12PM
4 oz protien (Chiken or Steak)
~3/4 cup veggies (Mixed/string bean/peas w/e)

3PM

****MON/WED/Fri are lift days, so, Should I take the extra BCAA’s if i am not lifting???
6PM
3 BCAA’s
1/2 Surge Recovery

DURING WORKOUT
3 BCAA’s

POST WORKOUT
3 BCAA’s
1/2 Surge Recovery

NIGHT
8 PM
DINNER
SM Salad (2tsp EVOO, BALSAMIC, tbs of low fat bacos)

****Except Friday’s (Cheat Meal Dinner)
Shrimp Sauted(not fried)Parm
house salad(olive oil and Balsamic)
bread (sometimes 1/2 a roll sometimes full roll :))

10:30/11PM
Metabolic Drive
3 Omega Complex
1 multi

USUAL SAT
wake up around 10:30/11AM

3 BCAAs
Metabolic Drive
3 omegas
1 multi

12:30PM
bike to ice rink (1 1/2 mile)

1-2:30PM
Hockey

2:30-3PM
bike from ice rink (1 1/2 mile)

3PM
1 grilled serlion burger with 1 slice american cheese
3BCAA’s

7pm
DINNER

9PM
2 tsp Jiff Peanut Butter
3 BCAA’s

10:30/11PM
Metobolic Drive
3 Omegas
1 multi

Usual Sunday (kinda like a carb refeed day)
Morning
10AM
Metabolic Drive
3 Omega Complex
1 multi

12PM
2 reg eggs and 1 cup egg white
4 slices of turkey Bacon
2 small turkey sasuage
1 whole grain english muffin

3PM
Very small snack
Nothing dirty (small piece of fruit or 4 oz protein)

6PM
Dinner

9PM
Metabolic Drive
3 Omegas
1 multi

SO Tell Me. Too much of what, too little of what?

anyone?

can anyone comment/help me?

anyone?

Alright man I’l give it a go! Your diet seems ok but it depends have you been droping wheight since youve been on it?

Id up the bcaa’s to maby 5-8 before and after just cause i think they are key in preserving muscle when dieting!

Also keep in mind that your gona want your diet to shed the fat for you not lots of cardio so how many calories are you eating rougly? Is that low carb Metabolic Drive or complete? if its not low carb id suggest switching and is that 1 full cup of dry oatmeal cuz thats like 80 grams of carbs!

[quote]Dave.F wrote:
Alright man I’l give it a go! Your diet seems ok but it depends have you been droping wheight since youve been on it?

Id up the bcaa’s to maby 5-8 before and after just cause i think they are key in preserving muscle when dieting!

Also keep in mind that your gona want your diet to shed the fat for you not lots of cardio so how many calories are you eating rougly? Is that low carb Metabolic Drive or complete? if its not low carb id suggest switching and is that 1 full cup of dry oatmeal cuz thats like 80 grams of carbs![/quote]

Its actually more like 50, 29-4(fiber) x 2 = 50g
Just thought I’d correct that…ok I’m done.

yah good call! I was just saying hes gona want to keep the carbs in check!

its the low carb. I havnt dropped weght in a while ive been at 160 for a few months now. but its really just the BF i want to get rid of. i am sticking to this diet and checking my measurements, started monday since this is when i started Chad Waterbury’s summer plan, so this is day 5 and so far its a great workout plan, everyday my heart rate is racing with these excersises.

its the packet of quaker oatmeal, its def not a full cup, i should have checked the pckg for the carb value. my question is, should i not eat too much veggies later in the day? as for fat, i take a shake and the 3 gnc (i know they are not the greatest) omega complete pills. but what else can i do for fats? with out putting carbs in my system. from what i read i thought your meals should either be protien and carbs or protien and fats. not to mix carb and fats. and to keep carbs in the morning and right after workout.

ill let you know my progress, this being the 5 day and all.

the main thing is i have been trying to lose the last of the abdominal fat for at least 6 months now, but shit is it hard to get rid of. and i rarly cheat, tops 2 times a week if that.

my top 2 abs show, but the love handles still cover the bottom ones, but to tell u the truth i think i am starting to notice a lil less BF around the spare tire, just is taking a really long time. so i guess its all trial and error, ill keep the diet intact for another week and make modifications if i see no results. thanks for your replies i really appreciat your perspectives.

If you’re not making the progress you want, cut out the cheating.

im not really sure how many calories i am taking in, i know the protien is around 4oz as i have scaled it out, so the meat portions are around there give or take. But as far as the whole days diet, i have no clue on how many calories.

i was on a really bad/unhealthy calorie restriction diet for a while when i lost the 40lbs. i was at 200lb, dropped to 160. its been about 2 months know that if upped my clean food intake, i wanted to get my motabolism straight again. dring the whole time i really didnt gain that much, 4 lbs tops.

which i guess is a good thing, cause i def think i know how to maintain my weight now, just cant figure out how to shed the last 10 lbs of BF. i would assume i am about 13 -12% BF now, if that. i should take a recent pic. the link up above has a post from a few weeks back, i think i am still about the same, ill take a pic so i can compare. i took a tape measure of my waist, around the love handles sunday and it was 33in exact, i checked last night and its still the same.

i guess its to soon to see a diff. its just frustrating to not see differances week to week, especially with all the clean eating and willed off temptations ive gone through. but the last few months i really dont crave crap anymore that much, i havent had pizza in months haha. like i stated my cheat is really just every fri night and its shrimp sauted parm, its not too bad, like mc d’s or pizza or something like that.

hmm, i was thinking that too. damn that sux then, i so look foward to at least one hearty meal a week. damn tonight is my meal day too. ah the sacrifices we make. haha. ok i will cut the cheat tonight. i guess its just 4oz piece of meat and a salad.

damn.

As far as getting your fat intake right get it from almounds, peanut butter, steak, Flax meal, salmon and other natural sources!

Ps hoow tall are you? 160 is a little small to still be dieting? Im almost 6’1" and at 170 I look too small! But if you wanna keep going to see those abs stay strong and train Heavy!

yea i am 5’9. im def not going for the big bulky look. just lean and cut. i think with my body type if i was just super lean and ripped up id be happy.

sux today is my brothers engadgment party, there is all this food about to be served.

just had a low carb metobolic drive and omega caps, just another day of temptation for me. thanks for all your info and help.

alright man well keep on your path do getting ripped! Stay strong and try to avoid temptation! best of luck

well i took some measurements today, as i did last monday and i ahve seen a differance. About damn time.

last weeks was:
arm: 15in
waist: 33in
chest: 39in
thigh: 21in

today’s was:
arm: 15in
waist: 32in
chest: 39
thigh: 22in

i can see a differance in my love handles. my thighs getting bigger are def due to waterburys summer plan (which is f’ing awesome by the way)
so i will try to resist temptations this week as i did last. sux though this week is my bday and i have my girl and fam all wanting to take me out to dinner, so its gonna be a real hard week.