T Nation

Perfect Squat Form?

Thought i’d share this with you guys, since I love it when people post videos of good lifts. This guy has great squat form. Very impressed with his depth + ability to stay upright.

Perfect deadlifts

whats with the pad on his back

http://youtube.com/watch?v=3Y8yKSJbpFI I squat a little more like this, I think its preference.

Thats a pretty insane squat also considering his bodyweight.

Who is that wayne johnson guy anyways, just some random guy?

Shizen, that guys knee’s are caving in a little on those squats right?

I seen the video and always thought that, so now that its posted Im wondering what you guys think about it.

[quote]Uber N3wb wrote:
Perfect deadlifts

[/quote]

Wow dude, those ARE perfect. Thanks for posting.

About the knees coming in… that seems to be a common practice when coming out of the bottom of a clean. Watch Pyrros in this lift:

His knees push inwards. Interesting.

I like how wayne johnson dude walks like 10 steps back without a thought I would fall over or trip or something dumb

interesting that it appears both zhang and wayne are using a high bar position

[quote]lbh110 wrote:
I like how wayne johnson dude walks like 10 steps back without a thought I would fall over or trip or something dumb

interesting that it appears both zhang and wayne are using a high bar position[/quote]

They are both doing olympic squats, one for olympic lifts, one for growth.

[quote]Uber N3wb wrote:
lbh110 wrote:

interesting that it appears both zhang and wayne are using a high bar position

They are both doing olympic squats, one for olympic lifts, one for growth.[/quote]

I guess you could call the first one a bodybuilding squat also.

it seems like a brief pause before he thrusts his knees out to fully utilize his glutes, in timing with the bounce at the bottom…but thats just my guess

look at this light weight close stance squat

[quote]infamous wrote:

[/quote]

Holy damn. That’s great!

Also, check this out

[quote]infamous wrote:

Neither that, nor Bondarenko’s squats were close stance…

That’s normal by IPF standards. Not everyone squats with their feet against the mono.

The reason the oly guys are popping their knees in is to bring their quads into it more. Since they’re using sub max weights on the clean recovery’s it’s not really TOO dangerous.

[quote]Hanley wrote:
infamous wrote:

Neither that, nor Bondarenko’s squats were close stance…

That’s normal by IPF standards. Not everyone squats with their feet against the mono.

The reason the oly guys are popping their knees in is to bring their quads into it more. Since they’re using sub max weights on the clean recovery’s it’s not really TOO dangerous.[/quote]

Umm thats not Bondarenko I think you clicked on a wrong link. Anyway I agree that Lambrionidis squat isn’t done with such a close stance that some oly lifters use but it’s definitely a close stance for most powerlifters… even in IPF almost everyone squats with stance wider than shoulder width

[quote]Uber N3wb wrote:
Shizen, that guys knee’s are caving in a little on those squats right?

I seen the video and always thought that, so now that its posted Im wondering what you guys think about it.[/quote]

its like a basic technique or something that develops in most people who squat like that. when the weights get heavier, the quads sometimes overpower and push the knees in. Or at least thats what I’m told. I know I do it on heavy attempts.

but notice, these guys don’t squat any more then they can explosively.

or you could squat like this guy:

shane hamman 1008 raw squat

[quote]romanaz wrote:

shane hamman 1008 raw squat[/quote]

Really? RAWWWWWWW?!? Are you sure about that?

I was at that meet where shane squatted 1008.
It was the 1995 USPF jr nationals in philadelphia. It was a geared meet and Shane wore gear, but it was by far one of the most impressive lifts I have ever seen. He dive bombed all three attempts and all three were legal without a doubt. I actually have a home movie on vhs that I had my mom take of it.

[quote]apwsearch wrote:
romanaz wrote:

shane hamman 1008 raw squat

Really? RAWWWWWWW?!? Are you sure about that?

[/quote]

Yeah man, did you not know RAWWWWRRRRR now meant any squat done with a walk out???

Only monolifts count as equipped these days. And to think I thought you knew stuff about powerlifting!!!

[quote]romanaz wrote:

shane hamman 1008 raw squat[/quote]

He’s wearing an Inzer.

[quote]fattymcfatso wrote:
It was a geared meet and Shane wore gear, but it was by far one of the most impressive lifts I have ever seen.[/quote]

Yeah, and it’s an olympic stance. No wonder he can front squat his CnJ max so quickly.