Perfect Rep Advice

Hi Guys

Ive been reading about the perfect rep recently and im pretty impressed and want to give it a go. Yesterday and for some of today ive been reading through the article and post after post on the subject but im a bit stuck now to be honest. Maybe im thinking about it too much im not sure.

Basically im not sure how to go about implementing this in the gym I read a post from CT about splits where he advised a few ways splits to do. I was either going to stick with 3 x full body a week or upper/lower 4 times a week.

So how would an upper and lower split look when implementing the perfect rep ?

Couple of other thing the SRP is simply just lower the bar quickly 9/10 of the way then let it free drop the last 1/10 then catch it as you press back through and how is this applied to the likes of pulling movements ?

Thanks guys

Richie

The split isn’t as important as fully grasping the ‘perfect rep’ concept. Many people on here have just taken the approach, and applied it within their own training styles. It ISN’T a program, it’s how you actually want to make each rep the most productive in stimulating growth that it can be (in any training split that you may choose).

S

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
The split isn’t as important as fully grasping the ‘perfect rep’ concept. Many people on here have just taken the approach, and applied it within their own training styles. It ISN’T a program, it’s how you actually want to make each rep the most productive in stimulating growth that it can be (in any training split that you may choose).

S[/quote]

Morning mate

thanks for getting back to me.

I thought that was how to look at it from what i was reading, but CT says you shouldnt be doing anymore the 3 exercises per session as you cant focus correctly on anymore.

Thats why I was asking.

[quote]Richie1888 wrote:
I thought was how to look at it from what i was reading but CT says you shouldnt be doing anymore the 3 exercises per session as you cant focus correctly on anymore though.[/quote]

lol

[quote]Rational Gaze wrote:

[quote]Richie1888 wrote:
I thought was how to look at it from what i was reading but CT says you shouldnt be doing anymore the 3 exercises per session as you cant focus correctly on anymore though.[/quote]

lol[/quote]

sorry mate typing in a hurry doesnt get me very far

you want to help me with my question though ?

Yeah, only split I heard CT recommend was a Push-Pull-Legs split, each focusing on a main compound movement ramped with 8-12 sets of 2-5reps, and doing several “assistance” exercises for either 4-6 sets of 4-6 reps or 2 sets of “max reps” with 70-75% of your max. On each rep perform them as explosively as possible, like if you were in a competition.

My split generally is a upper/lower split… I might try a 5 day rotation, starting the week with the Push-Pull-Legs format for Mon-Wed, then doing an Upper/Lower for Fri-Sat. But doing this so there isn’t any CNS fatigue might be difficult…

[quote]skohcl wrote:
Yeah, only split I heard CT recommend was a Push-Pull-Legs split, each focusing on a main compound movement ramped with 8-12 sets of 2-5reps, and doing several “assistance” exercises for either 4-6 sets of 4-6 reps or 2 sets of “max reps” with 70-75% of your max. On each rep perform them as explosively as possible, like if you were in a competition.

My split generally is a upper/lower split… I might try a 5 day rotation, starting the week with the Push-Pull-Legs format for Mon-Wed, then doing an Upper/Lower for Fri-Sat. But doing this so there isn’t any CNS fatigue might be difficult…[/quote]

i dont know what happened the the post i actually put here must have been merged with this one

i was going to go with the hitting each group twice a week approach ct talks about being best for 90% of people

upper/lower

upper

bp
row
shoulder press

lower

dl
back squat
sl dl

what sort of assistance exercises do you mean ?

S[/quote]

Correct. the perfect rep in simply a way of executing a repetition. It can thus be used with any training split.

[quote]Christian Thibaudeau wrote:

S[/quote]

Correct. the perfect rep in simply a way of executing a repetition. It can thus be used with any training split.[/quote]

ive maybe over complicated things ive been trying to think of the best ways to follow the advice you gave regarding the number of exercises, sets and reps.

So maybe a simple upper lower will do the trick but with only 3 main compound exercises done with the perfect rep ramping method and maybe the assistance stuff previously mentioned for say tris and bis? so in the gym you would only be doing the 3 perfect rep compounds say bench seated row and a should press then the 2 x map reps for whatever for bis and tris ?

sorry for the newb style questions its just you say it can be done on any routine but you said in the article to restrict it to 3 perfect rep movements.