Perfect Push-up Handles

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
the perfectgimmick

i’m going to create the perfect squat (it’ll be in the shape of a chair that you sit down and get up from)[/quote]

LOL…maybe people will learn to squat properly; everyone at my gym thinks 120 degree angle is deep enough

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
If you feel the need to clutch something while doing push-ups, a set of 10 lb hex head dumbbells works great. [/quote]

Agreed, though “I” use two 65lbs hex dumbbells.

I say about 90 % of the people who use them dont even know how to effectively use them. Everyone that Ive come across did some kind of weird disfigured uncontrollable twisting motion at odd points through out there form. Its main purpose is to supinate the forarm which viewed from an Anatomical point is ingenious. he re-vamped the push up!!!

I found blast straps for a similar push up movement to be a really good finisher.

Hey OP…congratulations on at least spelling ‘research’ correctly!

And yes, now that you ask…I AM a gay faggot!

Why don’t you inform these people on how to train properly if it upsets you so much? Just makes sense to me. Do something about it, or don’t complain, plain and simple.

[quote]Steve8867 wrote:
Iron Dwarf wrote:
If you feel the need to clutch something while doing push-ups, a set of 10 lb hex head dumbbells works great.

Agreed, though “I” use two 65lbs hex dumbbells.[/quote]

Steve

This is funny! I imagine someone coming on now and bragging that they use 100 lb dumbbells… for push-ups! lol

[quote]Invictica wrote:
Why don’t you inform these people on how to train properly if it upsets you so much? Just makes sense to me. Do something about it, or don’t complain, plain and simple.[/quote]

Pretty much agreed. Look forward and do your own damn work and as long as the other people don’t interrupt you don’t worry about what they do. My only issue with other people in the gym comes from when they insist on talking to me despite me wearing head phones and answering their open ended questions with a yes or no…Other than that they could pay their gym membership to do jumping jacks in the corner for all I care. If they aren’t in my way or not talking to me it’s their life and their money…

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
Steve8867 wrote:
Iron Dwarf wrote:
If you feel the need to clutch something while doing push-ups, a set of 10 lb hex head dumbbells works great.

Agreed, though “I” use two 65lbs hex dumbbells.

Steve

This is funny! I imagine someone coming on now and bragging that they use 100 lb dumbbells… for push-ups! lol
[/quote]

What are you talking about? 100lbs dumbells aren’t out of the realm of possibility…I even work up to the 110 pounders every now and then.

My Mom got me them for my birthday. They do basically exactly what they looked like they’d do… let you rotate your arms while doing a pushup… not really a gimmick at all.

[quote]Tiznut wrote:
Invictica wrote:
Why don’t you inform these people on how to train properly if it upsets you so much? Just makes sense to me. Do something about it, or don’t complain, plain and simple.

Pretty much agreed. Look forward and do your own damn work and as long as the other people don’t interrupt you don’t worry about what they do. My only issue with other people in the gym comes from when they insist on talking to me despite me wearing head phones and answering their open ended questions with a yes or no…Other than that they could pay their gym membership to do jumping jacks in the corner for all I care. If they aren’t in my way or not talking to me it’s their life and their money…[/quote]

I understand that and agree,What I dont understand is why people dont do alittle research on what does work when there is endless amounts of info on this website and all over the web.People go to college for years and read about cars and do background work on buying houses but when it come to health and looking good for the opposite sex alot of people just wing it.

It was a perfect way to make money. I give them props for theit marketing. The out of shape people in the US are such an easy target for crap like that. Obese people have made a many a millionaire out of alot of people.

[quote]horsepuss wrote:
Tiznut wrote:
Invictica wrote:

Pretty much agreed. Look forward and do your own damn work and as long as the other people don’t interrupt you don’t worry about what they do. My only issue with other people in the gym comes from when they insist on talking to me despite me wearing head phones and answering their open ended questions with a yes or no…Other than that they could pay their gym membership to do jumping jacks in the corner for all I care. If they aren’t in my way or not talking to me it’s their life and their money…

I understand that and agree,What I dont understand is why people dont do alittle research on what does work when there is endless amounts of info on this website and all over the web.People go to college for years and read about cars and do background work on buying houses but when it come to health and looking good for the opposite sex alot of people just wing it.[/quote]

Here’s the thing, not everyone at the gym is looking to get big and strong. Infact the vast majority of people who are there are just looking to get some kind of physical activity in their lives, which is a noble intent, no matter how many curls in squat racks or how much cardio they do. With that in mind, think of the classical ways to stay in shape (play a sport, jog, etc) All these do not require extensive research. So the general populus will likely go to a gym and try to figure things out for themselves since they will relate classic methods to staying in shape to weightlifting. Not to say that they shouldn’t research, but try to see it from other people’s perspective. The same can be said for interacting with the opposite sex, most people believe it’s just instinctive, but for some people its not.

[quote]Invictica wrote:
horsepuss wrote:
Tiznut wrote:
Invictica wrote:

Pretty much agreed. Look forward and do your own damn work and as long as the other people don’t interrupt you don’t worry about what they do. My only issue with other people in the gym comes from when they insist on talking to me despite me wearing head phones and answering their open ended questions with a yes or no…

Other than that they could pay their gym membership to do jumping jacks in the corner for all I care. If they aren’t in my way or not talking to me it’s their life and their money…

I understand that and agree,What I dont understand is why people dont do alittle research on what does work when there is endless amounts of info on this website and all over the web.

People go to college for years and read about cars and do background work on buying houses but when it come to health and looking good for the opposite sex alot of people just wing it.

Here’s the thing, not everyone at the gym is looking to get big and strong. Infact the vast majority of people who are there are just looking to get some kind of physical activity in their lives, which is a noble intent, no matter how many curls in squat racks or how much cardio they do. With that in mind, think of the classical ways to stay in shape (play a sport, jog, etc)

All these do not require extensive research. So the general populus will likely go to a gym and try to figure things out for themselves since they will relate classic methods to staying in shape to weightlifting.

Not to say that they shouldn’t research, but try to see it from other people’s perspective. The same can be said for interacting with the opposite sex, most people believe it’s just instinctive, but for some people its not.[/quote]

Well played.Solid

I dunno… Perfect Pushup didn’t do me any good, just as well get the same R.O.M. doing dumbell benches. Perfect Pullup is pretty sweet tho… till I had the right handle break doing weighted pullups… They need to come out with an industrial version of 'em

[quote]Invictica wrote:
The same can be said for interacting with the opposite sex, most people believe it’s just instinctive, but for some people its not.[/quote]

Last saturday the hottest woman in my gym walked up to me and started talking to me, complimenting me on my body changes etc, saying “you’ve lost s ton of weight you look really good” etc. And what do I do? I stutter and fuck it up! Until she says “well keep doing what you’re doing it’s working” and walks away.

I was hoping to see her again saying I was lightheaded from squats (which I was luckily) and actually talk to her, but for some reason she hasn’t been in the gym for the past week and a half.

Now I feel like I should be punished or have to turn in my man card. I am still pissed when I think about it.

Sigh.

But I gotta check out that squat chair!

Although I wouldn’t personally use the “perfect pushup”, I see no reason why any average joe shouldn’t. I may seem silly to people who are more serious about lifting, but hey - not everyone is in the same league; not everyone has the same goals.

As far as doing research before coming to the gym I wholeheartedly agree. I see some people who seem to do the same exercises week after week, not progressing at all. I’m always glad to help people if they ask. If they don’t want my help, then that’s ok too. I try not to let it get to me.