T Nation

Perfect Opinion Piece

Okay, which one of you guys wrote this?

From the Miami Student Online:
http://www.mustudent.muohio.edu/viewoped.php?d=012505&n=1

I pump iron, because iron-pumping is manly.

Ah… makes me feel like in the olden days when men did manly jobs … like being lumberjacks!

“I’m a lumberjack and I’m OK, I sleep all night and I work all day…”
http://www.mwscomp.com/sounds/mp3/lumberjk.mp3

:wink:
Makkun

I was at the gym today and thinking the same thing.

What a good read I hate how the sheeple taker over the gym for a few weeks after New Year’s but thankfully the herd get’s culled into the cardio and machine area and they leave my racks alone

I was a lumberjack of sorts for about 10 years.Around here it’s residential tree removal,though.We used to play a game galled the axe game. Thats when you hold an axe straight out, blade pointing toward you,tip your head back, and tilt your wrist until you gently lower the axe onto your nose or head. We did this as many times as we could until someone failed, Most of the time with a half gal.of Jim Beam or Captain Morgan for refreshment. Those days were alot of fun. Sure we got hurt,drunk, goofy,and girls thought we were wierd.That was the piont.We were a bunch of goofs blowing off steam and having fun. It was a good stress release after a heavy day of work.I kinda miss that stuff, but I definitely had to lay off of the wiskey.

mindeffer01,

[quote]mindeffer01 wrote:
I was a lumberjack of sorts for about 10 years.Around here it’s residential tree removal,though.We used to play a game galled the axe game. Thats when you hold an axe straight out, blade pointing toward you,tip your head back, and tilt your wrist until you gently lower the axe onto your nose or head. We did this as many times as we could until someone failed, Most of the time with a half gal.of Jim Beam or Captain Morgan for refreshment. Those days were alot of fun. Sure we got hurt,drunk, goofy,and girls thought we were wierd.That was the piont.We were a bunch of goofs blowing off steam and having fun. It was a good stress release after a heavy day of work.I kinda miss that stuff, but I definitely had to lay off of the wiskey.
[/quote]

Hope I didn’t hurt your professional ex-lumberjack honour by quoting this mocking Monty Python song then. :wink:

Makkun

Not at all. We used to sing that all the time while loading logs and playing with axes.