Perfect Natural Physique?

Ok so as I get deeper and deeper into this, I keep changing my idea of the perfect body that I’d like to achieve. Everyone so far that I’ve tried to base myself on, I have come to realize, used steroids at some point.

With this in mind, I would like to see what your all’s ideas of the best NATURAL body out there is.

The point where I think I am big enough, cut enough, and strong enough, that I am happy with it. I do not measure against another person.

http://images.t-nation.com/forum_images/f/8/f84df-2___Levrone’s_Delts2.jpg

Levrone’s Delts

getabs:

I’m gettin’ where you’re coming from…

But it’s an impossible quest you’re on.

As soon as someone natural develops a physique impressive enough to turn heads and gain significant recognition…the Battle Cry begins:

“…ROIDS…!!!”

My friend Skip LaCour is a prime example ,as he fought this fight for years. I think Skip just gave up trying to convince anyone and just tried to be the best that he could be.

To serve as motivation for me, I just look for a physique I like OR some bodypart I like (like Levrones Delts, Milo’s “X” frame or Carlos Santiago’s overall lines).

I have given up playing (or even worrying) about who was “natural” or not.

Mufasa

Milos’s “X” Frame

Mufasa

Carlos Santiago’s Overall Lines

Mufasa

Pete:

I also see where you’re coming from…

BUT…

There is a huge difference between looking at someone as motivation or as sort of a “template” or “direction” you would like to take your physique…and wanting to look like someone.

A lot of people (including me, Jillybop and others on the site), keep a folder for the former reasons; motivation and “direction”.

Mufasa

Well, what is it you want to be able to “do” with your body other than just “look good”?

I find there aren’t too many gymnasts, rock climbers, martial artists, or whitewater kayakers out there in excess of 200lbs.

If I want to continue with these recreational activities as well as progress in the gym, I need to be roughly 200-210lbs, as lean as possible, and develop my relative strength to as great a degree as possible.

What is it that you “do” other than just work out?

– ElbowStrike

I like the idea of an ideal to shoot for, something that inspires and motivates.

I really admire muscular women, but the one that stands out the most for me personally is Nancy Andrews. Although very muscular, she has great lines and still looks womanly. I don’t see that hint (subtle or more obvious) of masculinity from steriod use.

She is also about my height (5’1") and I believe weighed about 120lbs in contest shape. That gives me hope :wink:

From her site Welcome to NE Classic! - The Northeast Classic

[quote]About Nancy Andrews - 4x World Champion

Thank you for visiting my website. I started competing in bodybuilding in 1994. I never really had a desire to compete but once I did it, my passion for the sport grew. I have promoted natural bodybuilding since 1995. I have helped hundreds of people get involved in the sport. I want to give all athletes the opportunity to compete in a well run fair show. The INBF has stringent drug testing standards. I am proud of the fact that we do a thorough test and give athletes the opportunity to compete on a fair playing field against other drug free athletes. If you have the desire to compete, get out there and do it! Bodybuilding is a true individual sport and all of the competition ultimately is with yourself.

After winning two World Championships I was faced with a new challenge that no athletes like but it always seems to par for the course, injuries. The past four years, I have spent more time rehabbing my knee than training legs. I have had four surgeries on it within the last two years. I knew I could be better and still have the desire to compete with the best natural bodybuilders in the world. So I continued to train and work through my restrictions. My goal was to compete in the World Championships in 2003.

My training regimen and preparations for competition have changed dramatically because of all of the limitations my knee condition has put on me. This year, I won my third World Championship. I had the help of Dr. Joe Klemczewski and also my physical therapist, Lisa Knox. They both played key roles in helping me achieve my goals. I could not have done it if it were not for their expertise.

I know I am not alone and everyone is faced with their own set of challenges. If you really want to compete and become your best, you can but may need a little help. I know from my own experience. There are people out there involved with Natural Bodybuilding who can help you and save you time and aggravation. In 1999, Laurie Normandeau and I came up with the idea to hold seminars to get more people involved in natural bodybuilding. We first started with smaller lectures just going over the basics. As attendance grew, more people requested more seminars and more specific topics covered and with that we put together the Pro Series Weekend camp. We bring in the top people from all over the country to lecture on topics specific to natural bodybuilding. It is a great event that I hold annually in January. The attendees are at both ends of the spectrum, people looking to start training to compete to WNBF Pro bodybuilders. All will walk away with a lot of knowledge and motivation to become your best.[/quote]

[quote]getabsfast83 wrote:
Ok so as I get deeper and deeper into this, I keep changing my idea of the perfect body that I’d like to achieve. Everyone so far that I’ve tried to base myself on, I have come to realize, used steroids at some point.

With this in mind, I would like to see what your all’s ideas of the best NATURAL body out there is.[/quote]

I don’t really have anyone where I look at him and wish to achieve the same body development.

I do admire bodybuilders irrelevent if they’re natural or not. Couldn’t care less about that part.

What I enjoy however is the members of T-Nation who put their pictures up and you can clearly see their dedication/perseverance/drive.

The ones that come to mind are Gina, Caveman, Mad Titan, AG1. I’m sure there are others that I have missed and no disrespect intended.

So my motivation is fellow T-Nation members who despite having to work, study or raise a family, they still continue in their body development.

Pictures are always welcome!!!

[quote]ElbowStrike wrote:
Well, what is it you want to be able to “do” with your body other than just “look good”?

I find there aren’t too many gymnasts, rock climbers, martial artists, or whitewater kayakers out there in excess of 200lbs.

If I want to continue with these recreational activities as well as progress in the gym, I need to be roughly 200-210lbs, as lean as possible, and develop my relative strength to as great a degree as possible.

What is it that you “do” other than just work out?

– ElbowStrike[/quote]

Good point.

I used to box and lifting for size works directly opposite what I needed in the ring. 185 was probably an ideal boxing weight for me as far as training - even lighter if I was going to compete in the ring. So I boxed and ran and did some strength training and then when I finished up boxing I started lifting for size again. Now I am 215 but wouldnt be fast enough or have the muscle endurance in the boxing ring I had at 185. The traing is too different.

I agree with Elbowstrike - train to maximize your body while maintaining a size that still allows you to do the things you like. In my case, I won’t likely go to 235 because it would interfere with some of the other sports/activities I also like to do. I will probably hit 220 and then lean out closer to 205 or so for summer.

Shannon Sharpe

[quote]Jillybop wrote:
I like the idea of an ideal to shoot for, something that inspires and motivates.

I really admire muscular women, but the one that stands out the most for me personally is Nancy Andrews. Although very muscular, she has great lines and still looks womanly. I don’t see that hint (subtle or more obvious) of masculinity from steriod use.

She is also about my height (5’1") and I believe weighed about 120lbs in contest shape. That gives me hope :wink:
[/quote]

Nancy does definitely look like she could very well be natural. I totally know what you mean about being inspired by someone who’s attained remarkable physique goals with a phenotype similar to your own! I would in no way compare myself to Gina Allioti, but knowing that she’s about my height and weight, and looks that good, definitely inspires hope!

[quote]PGA wrote:
Shannon Sharpe[/quote]

C’mon PGA SS only got yoked when he started using that EAS stuff n’shit.

HMB in the house.

Do a search on a man named Steve Reeves.

Well, it always changes but for now I would have to say Brad Pitt in Fight Club…

…just kidding! Seriously though, Thib looks great: http://www.T-Nation.com/forum_images/504e4-Thibs.jpg

Check out his Max-OT training video too, its pretty cool. I trained Max-Ot all of last year and made some of my best gains.

Jillybob, just wondering, what part of Mass are you from?

T.O.

Frank Zane’s physique from the 80s.

DB

I thought the opener was looking for drug free physiques?