Perfect Labs, Still Feel Like Crap

Hi. Can someone please advise what else I should look at or ask my Dr to test for. Currently treating hypogonadism with HCG montherapy. Latest labs below.

Total Testosterone 38.1 (12.0-31.9)
SHBG 30 (17-55)
Free Testosterone 913 (260-740)

Estrogen is good at 122 (reference range is less than 160 is okay), which equates to 33 in US units.

My free testosterone has increased from 200 to 913 pmol/L (260-740).

Thyriod has been tested in the past with a TSH of 2 on a range of 1-5.

I still feel like dog shit, especially in the mornings, so any advice would be appreciated. Struggling with crippling fatigue, brain fog and zero libido.

Thanks

Have you had rt3 and cortisol tested? Whats the justification for hcg mono and not trt?

Do you have pre hcg labs?

1 Like

Can you post all of your labs so we can take a look?

Also to note, the possible side effects of HCG:

headache;

feeling restless or irritable;

mild swelling or water weight gain;

depression;

feeling tired;

breast tenderness or swelling; or

pain, swelling, or irritation where the injection is given.

I’d probably talk to him about trying trt for a few months with your T levels at about the same place. Some people just don’t get a long with HCG. I’d also discuss checking your thyroid, at least TSH, freeT3 & freeT4, if he won’t I’d pay to have it done myself through discountlabs.com.

2 Likes

HCG makes some people feel like crap. It is the synthetic version of a female hormone that is mimicing LH. Some bodies can tell the difference. Switch to test and see how you are.

2 Likes

Pre HCG Labs - Free Test is very low
FSH 10.7 (1.5-9.7)
LH 5.3 (1.8-9.2)
Oestradiol <70 pmol/L
TT 16.8 nmol/L (12.0-31.9)
SHBG 54 nmol/L (17-56)
FT 252 pmol/L (260-740)
TSH 2.12 mU/L (0.5-5.5)

I’m young, 23, and endo wants to try restore my natty test before putting me on TRT.

Cortisol was tested before and came within range. I’ll look into rt3, thank you…

Thanks I have many of those symptoms, although a lot are similar to low Test symptoms, so hard to tell if it’s the HCG or something else.

My endo suspects there is something else wrong, like an autoimmune disease at work, given I feel like crap with this high testosterone.

Pre HCG Labs - Free Test is very low
FSH 10.7 (1.5-9.7)
LH 5.3 (1.8-9.2)
Oestradiol <70 pmol/L
TT 16.8 nmol/L (12.0-31.9)
SHBG 54 nmol/L (17-56)
FT 252 pmol/L (260-740)
TSH 2.12 mU/L (0.5-5.5)

Post HCG Labs - Free Test is very high
FSH <0.3 (1.5-9.7)
LH <0.3 (1.8-9.2)
Oestradiol 122 pmol/L (<150)
TT 38.1 nmol/L (12.0-31.9)
SHBG 30 nmol/L (17-56)
FT 913 pmol/L (260-740)
Cortisol was like 200 on a range of 100-500.

You can see HCG has significantly improved my androgen profile. Could my testosterone be too high? Perhaps other autoimmune diseases are at work here? Estrogen to high?

Thanks for the advice

Or its just the HCG.

1 Like

Thanks mate, I’ll take that onboard

I have no experience with HCG but I’ve seen quite a few guys post here on HCG monotherapy that didn’t have them feeling good. Search and read their stories.

1 Like

Thanks, will do. Everyone’s different I suppose.

This is the reason for low FT, but your TT wasn’t anything great. If SHBG was half, FT would have increase and TT decreased and you would still have sub optimal testosterone.

TSH is not a thyroid hormone, TSH is a stimulating hormone similar to LH which stimulates the testicles to produce testosterone and estrogen, so he checked TT, FT and estrogen, but not your thyroid hormones.

This is what we call a double standard.

I think your levels are too high or at least the HCG is causing problems.

1 Like

@systemlord thanks for the feedback.

Can I ask for your advice? Endo wants me to come off HCG soon and see if my natty T kicks back in.

Given my LH and FSH are shutdown do you recommend a PCT? I’m concerned nolva or clomid will raise my SHBG back to the high 50s.

Or would I be better to battle through with no PCT, I can manage short term pain for a longer term gain. What do you think?

I would PCT with Nolva (not Clomid if you have a choice) and not worry about effects on SHBG for that short of a run.

1 Like

I’m still confused as to why 1. Your Dr saw high lh and fsh with lowish T and thought that hcg would be effective and 2.That hcg was effective in raising your T.
Did you say how many ius of hcg you’re taking per week?

You really need to look at rt3 and cortisol. You mentioned a potential autoimmune link. Have you ever listened to Ben greenfield talk about food allergy/sensitivity tests?

Serms (nolva and Clomid) will raise your shbg by the way.

1 Like

A TT of 484 and SHBG in the 50’s and there’s no way you’ll ever produce enough testosterone naturally to overcome high SHBG. Just play your endos game he has set out for you, when levels decline again, it’s time for TRT.

Clomid isn’t really an option because it will crush your FT levels, HCG and clomid are not long term options.

1 Like

Endo saw the high FSH pointing towards an issue with testies and wanted to “wake them up” with HCG - which worked very well.

Initially I was taking 4500 IU per week in the first month. Decreased to 3000 IU in the second month. Decreased to 2000 IU in third. And he now has me on 1000 IU per week.

Serum T increased from 16 to 58 nmol/L (12.0-31.9) when on 4500 IU per week. Endo said this was to high hence driver to reduce the dose. Currently sitting at serum T of 38.

E2 is being monitored and is OK at the moment.

I will check out rt3, cortisol and food sensitivities, thanks for the advice.

I’m thinking I’ll come off HCG with no SERM due to the risk of elevated SHBG.

That’s not actually accurate. He gave them many times the LH stimulation that you could produce. You hit the NOS button it will go faster, but when the NOs is gone, you’re right back where you started, at best.

1 Like