Percentages in the Power Look

Hello CT,

I want to do everything right in the program, but I have been obsessed about a detail and afraid that it could harm my progress. The smallest plates I can use are 1.25 kgs and on most of the movements, 80% of my max isn’t equal to a number that I can exactly put on the barbell. That means I need to round the number.

My question is; I earlier read in the forums that you told a guy it was okay to reduce the weight a little in the 4th week when doing 6 reps, so is it okay to stay in the 79-82% zone and alter the weight according to reps prescribed, or after doing 3 reps at the upper end of that zone last week, should I reduce it to the lower end from now on, or, should I keep it the same until 5 or 6 reps ? Thank you for your time.

[quote]erenasena wrote:
Hello CT,

I want to do everything right in the program, but I have been obsessed about a detail and afraid that it could harm my progress. The smallest plates I can use are 1.25 kgs and on most of the movements, 80% of my max isn’t equal to a number that I can exactly put on the barbell. That means I need to round the number. My question is; I earlier read in the forums that you told a guy it was okay to reduce the weight a little in the 4th week when doing 6 reps, so is it okay to stay in the 79-82% zone and alter the weight according to reps prescribed, or after doing 3 reps at the upper end of that zone last week, should I reduce it to the lower end from now on, or, should I keep it the same until 5 or 6 reps ? Thank you for your time. [/quote]

If you use 78% instead of 80% I will find you and shoot you down for running my program KIDDING!

Of course it’s okay to round the numbers Your body really wont know the different, the intramuscular tension will be the same.

But if you round the numbers, round them down, not up.

[quote]Christian Thibaudeau wrote:

[quote]erenasena wrote:
Hello CT,

I want to do everything right in the program, but I have been obsessed about a detail and afraid that it could harm my progress. The smallest plates I can use are 1.25 kgs and on most of the movements, 80% of my max isn’t equal to a number that I can exactly put on the barbell. That means I need to round the number. My question is; I earlier read in the forums that you told a guy it was okay to reduce the weight a little in the 4th week when doing 6 reps, so is it okay to stay in the 79-82% zone and alter the weight according to reps prescribed, or after doing 3 reps at the upper end of that zone last week, should I reduce it to the lower end from now on, or, should I keep it the same until 5 or 6 reps ? Thank you for your time. [/quote]

If you use 78% instead of 80% I will find you and shoot you down for running my program KIDDING!

Of course it’s okay to round the numbers Your body really wont know the different, the intramuscular tension will be the same.

But if you round the numbers, round them down, not up.[/quote]

Thank you so much for your answer. I am going to reduce the weight a bit then.