$ Per Day on Supplements?

Hey guys, I was thinking about it and I realized that I probably spend $10-12 a day on supplements. I guess that is kind of a lot…especially considering that I do not make money from my body as a bodybuilder, athlete, or model. However, I am going to be a trainer soon. Is this too much to be spending for an 18 year old? My parents pretty much take care of it but Im sure that I will have to soon. Any advice would be appreciated. How much do you guys (and gals) think you spend a day?
-Matt

That isn’t a bad number, assuming you are including protein, oils and other essentials. I tend not to even count these essentials and will only put a dollar number when i am spending on Mag-10, Tribex, things along these lines. But once you are paying for it yourself it probably will seem like a lot. Best wishes with the trainer gig.

Do supplements include food?

I’m probably down around $4 per day, maybe less. I only use Surge on training days, and try to get most of my calories from real food.

about $3

Surge and Low-Carb Grow! are about the only ones I use on a regular basis

4 scoops of Grow! a day
2 scoops of Surge a day
does tuna count?

Matgic,

my budget runs about $15-17/day. This includes everything–I use lots of protein powder, EFA/fish oils, creatine, pro-steroids, etc. So, your expenditures don’t seem out of line to me. However, when you spend this much on “supplements” you’d better have perfect discipline and be getting great results; otherwise it’s hard to justify the cost.

Crowbar

2-3 dollars a day.

multi’s, vit C, E, B = $2
oils (pills or liquid) = $1
protein powders or other MRPS = $1-2

can’t imagine spending more than 4-5 bucks on supps any given day unless you were taking steroids. but its pretty amazing how a few dollars a day can make a HYOOGE difference.

I am not sure dollar wise but;

Fish oil/EFA
Multi-vitamin
Vitamin C
Grow
Surge
Tribex
Red Bands
Alpha Male
M

Thanks everyone, I appreciate the insight. Crowbar, I think the main fault of my training until recently was a definite lack of consistency. I have found it hard in the past to stick to one goal/program…but I am definetly doing better and hope to post some pictures further along in the progression. Thanks again everyone
-Matt

well, I’m actually spending at least twice what my gym memebership is on supplements each month. It’s kinda bad now that I think about it.