People Without Skinny Legs: Pants?

You know you want to.

[quote]coolnatedawg wrote:
sort of a blanket statement. read my post and then try to tell me i dont know what its like to not fit into jeans…

you can find jeans anywhere if your willing to go up in size and willing to wear a belt. some fit better than others, i would try out the ones mentioned (Levi’s and Lee’s or whatever) but dont completely throw out the idea of AE or Aero, i really like my AE and i figure i will grow into the waist a little… hahha[/quote]

It is a blanket statement, but it’s a fact that these stores go for the “long, lean” look. Of course you can find something that “fits” if you go up a size, but what kind of man with a 32-34" waist wants to wear 38" or bigger jeans just so his legs and hips fit?

I’ve started to wear slacks/chinos/dress pants with flat fronts. You can get cool ones that are casual. Usually lots of leg room. For jeans, I think guys with the biggest problems are guys with fat asses. I have a 32" waist, but I store a lot of fat in my ass. Combined with glutes already being big from training, it’s hard to get jeans that will fit. I went on the AD on sept 1, and now my jeans fit. They are tight in the thighs, but I personally think it looks good to see some muscle.

Ok the jeans I just got were “brody” and “silver jeans.” I think the ‘silver’ ones were pricy but the brody ones were hella cheap and made for guys whos ass makes them look as though they are riding a duck. I don’t know if those brands are Canada only though.

Just wear under armor sweats. best pants eva.

-chris

[quote]tedro wrote:
CrewPierce wrote:
I wear a 32x34 yea good luck trying to find that combo.

Anyway I have luck at American Eagle, Banana Republic, J. Crew if you don’t mind paying $100 for a pair of jeans, and then suit pants.

You have the opposite problem that we do, ae caters to your long thin look.
[/quote]

Not really, I have rather thick legs. You guys may have problems with the width of the leg by I have issues with my hamstrings getting into the pants. The AE “Baggy” fit look like their tight bootcut jeans but at least I can get in them!

J. Crew jeans are very similar to the Sean Paul jeans haha I guess the white guy version? BR is good for sweaters that stretch so they fit nicely.

Old Navy painter’s pants and extra loose. I have to order my size off the internet, but you might be able to find you size at the store, or an outlet.

TJ-Maxx. Sometimes they have cheap ‘Hip-Hop’ pants that look like normal pants and are looser through the leg. Maybe 1 in 3 trips there I’ll find something I like.

I always go for loose fit pants. Relaxed or straight leg is horribly uncomfortable.

I also buy large boxers size 36-38 even though my waist is ~33.

Nautica Big Easy

Wrangler, Carpenter jeans.

I got some lee carpenter pants in size 36 that fit perfectly, at least better than everything else.

I also found some corduroy pants that fit perfectly. Now I just have to pray the temps drop below 75 for a change. Its 80 here today.

THREAD OVER!

At least you can find pants long enough. 36" waist 36" inseam and 28" legs (just measured with a myotape. I’m 6’6" though,.

American Rag brand jeans (I got mine at macy’s), these are the only jeans I own. they are a little snug if you sit down and they ride up a little, but i can’t even put on a pair of levi’s. I take that back, i have one pair of levis, “loose and straight” fit, but they’re from when i was fat.

ha posted before I saw the thread was ended, sorry.

/thread

As a guy with a massive squatter’s ass and definitely above average legs.

AE does not fit my legs. No way, no how.

I have a pair of Old Navy jeans that are only a little large in the waist and they’re my favorite pair of jeans.

I would recommend y’all try Old Navy.

I think it might be a good idea to list some clothing that would help big-legged people find proper clothing, anyone interested?

I buy at old navy, and while I typically ofp for the loose, or extra loose (the painters just look too sloppy for my tastes), I get the 34" waist even though I need a belt. But to be honest, my thighs are pretty good, and while I can see the slight hint of bulges through em, I have yet to see a natural lifter who really needs bigger jeans cause his thighs are too big. Usually it’s his fucking ass -lol

S

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
Usually it’s his fucking ass -lol

S
[/quote]

Yep, and I think that is why so many are saying they have big legs but still don’t have problems finding genes. It’s when you have big glutes and then a small waist that you really get in trouble, which is the OP’s problem.

Carhartt?

or not classy enough for you?

I admittedly am female, so maybe not the best to be suggesting on this thread. But I have the same problem.

(You think men’s jeans are too skinny… what about those cigarette pants I’m supposed to be wearing with spike heels this last year? Do they sell the “Diet Iceberg Lettuce” product with those things that fight toothpicks for breathing room?)

I tried to buy my husband some pants this last year, and I felt like I was shopping for myself.

I work in retail, and it’s interesting to note a) the emotional dominance of women whom I encounter and b) the physical feminization of male fashion culture. Hmmm… ironic? or obvious?

Yet men embrace this. Yuck.

Sorry, this is my second post ever, and I’ve probably way exceeded my boundaries on that sort of hierarchy thing.

But all that aside, my husband and I love Carhartts.

find your local Vietnamese tailor and get the waist taken in, or to be uber stylish, I say we all start wearing kilts.

[quote]CrewPierce wrote:
I wear a 32x34 yea good luck trying to find that combo.

Anyway I have luck at American Eagle, Banana Republic, J. Crew if you don’t mind paying $100 for a pair of jeans, and then suit pants.

The loose fit Guess jeans work as well.

At the moment I only have 3 pairs of jeans that fit and my legs just got too large for 2 pairs of dress pants. It’s expensive to lift correctly!

While on the topic of clothes I hate dress shirts! My back expands the top of the shirts so the sleeves are always too short! Then when I find one that fits the mid section is freaken huge so it looks dumb tucked in. Stupid job where I have to where a suit to work every day.[/quote]

You’re a big, tall skinny bastard, aren’t you?

element comfort fit jeans are pretty loose

There are some short-legged fuckers here. 30" inseam? WTF?

Wranger 20X relaxed fit.