T Nation

People Without Skinny Legs: Pants?

Where in the hell do you guys buy pants? I wear a 34" waist, but damn it, my legs will barely fit in the holes of the pants or I just end up looking like some emo kid or like I’m wearing tight girl’s pants.

Anyone have any ideas?

[quote]Synthetickiller wrote:
Where in the hell do you guys buy pants? I wear a 34" waist, but damn it, my legs will barely fit in the holes of the pants or I just end up looking like some emo kid or like I’m wearing tight girl’s pants.

Anyone have any ideas?[/quote]

Yes, go back to the 90’s (like me) and get some ‘loose fitting’ pants. Best shit ever. Or if you insist on looking trendy then buy jeans that have spandex woven into them. This shit stretches and accomodates the wheels. But know that you will be wearing pants that have spandex in them, much like a woman. I don’t think you’d catch many hard asses in them.

But I really recommend the ‘relaxed’ or ‘loose’ fitting shit. this way you don’t blow the crotch out and you don’t look like you might be catching a bad case of the ghey.

My favorite are my brown welding bib coveralls. Communists really knew how to dress.

-chris

I still buy the Levi 501 button downs that I’ve always loved. I have to dry them about halfway and squeeze into them slightly wet for the first few washes. After that they fit great through the legs AND still show off my squatter’s ass. Wearing them wet sucks but it only takes 4-5 times before the material relaxes.

I stick with khaki’s and dress pants. I have a 28 waist, and I have not found a pair of 30’s that I can fit my legs into, I feel like Kramer in that episode when he puts on the super tight jeans.

TS

Buy pants with a bigger waist then take them to a cleaners to get alterations. It doesn’t cost too much to get the waist taken in.

Jeans: Wrangler relaxed fit. They are only about $15-$20, are soft, and fit well. I have a 36" waist and 25" legs (not huge yet), and I have a ton of room in the jeans. I think the thighs measure about 30-32" around.

And no, cowboy boots are not mandatory for wearing Wranglers, but they help.

Avocado,

I tried on some levi’s “relaxed” fit jeans today. I went all the way up to a size 38 and they were STILL too tight. I don’t even think my legs are massive compared to most BBers (I think about 26" around, I’m not a huge guy, under 189 @ 5’9").

I have an odd size, 34"x30" due to my midget build and squatters ass and not wearing them at my belly button like I’m 80.

I might have to where khaki’s. It can’t hurt considering I work in a causal environment.

And the search continues…

i just bought some from American Eagle. I try to stay away from these places, but I had a giftcard.

Anywho, I wear somewhere b/w a size 34-36W and 34 long. I tried on the 36x34 there, and they were tight. So i had to order 38x34 on the interweb. The waist is a little large, but the legs fit nicely…

other than buyin big, i have no idea… my legs are pretty large tho…

Is this where every jackass and their brother are going to claim to have a 27 inch waist and 28 inch thighs?

Grab yourself some Levi 501s or visit your nearest American Eagle or Aeropostale. They seem to give a bit of extra room in the legs.

Yep. I either have to wear shorts or tailored suit pants.

30" waist 22" thighs 26" inseam. Impossible to buy pants that fit.

I’ve got a pair of 501’s 31". I look like an idiot (I can’t lift my knees up) and the waist is too big still.

I’m just gonna buy some more suits.

I just measured my thighs and the largest part is 26.5" unflexed ( I hope people wouldn’t measure flexed, lol), but my waist is 33 or 34 (33 is snug).

I’ll have fun tomorrow running out for jeans. I’ll make a list. If none of them fit, I’ll just fail miserably. lol

Why don’t you buy those baggy hip-hop branded jeans? They make them extra loose around the legs, and there are some styles and brands that still look classy.

bill’s khakis.
http://www.billskhakis.com/

be sure to get the “m-1” version which are cut just like the original extra-wide wwii khakis or whatever. don’t get the m-2’s which are cut geek-boy style. they are pricey but i’ve a few pair and they’re made really well and seem like they’ll last forever. also they’re made in usa.

i get them here :
http://www.onthefly.com/product/bills-khakis-85-oz-cotton-twill-pants/21133
they hem them for free and the service/shipping is good.

see what you can find at big and tall stores

Anybody recommending american eagle, wrangler, 501’s etc. have no idea what it is like to not fit into jeans. Relaxed fit or even simply loose fit jeans will never fit you right. These are meant to be relaxed for people with average proportions. I am pretty similar in size to you, with a definite squatters butt. I once tried on every style at american eagle, even the 36’s were skin tight around my legs and butt, and then I had about 3" extra at the waist.

Do not waist your time at American eagle, areopastale, gap or any other of these types of stores. The one pair I have found that fits me decent are Levi’s carpenter jeans. 34/30. They are a little big around the waist still, but are fine with a belt. I have 4 pairs of this style. Go to Dillards, JC Penneys, Kohls, or about any department store to find them. You will probably want the same size as me.

Also, if you can find a pair, look for some sean johns that don’t have the writing and stuff all over them. Unless you like that. These jeans are actually made for people with big butts and thighs and designed to be baggy. I’ve got a pair of these as well. A few people like to make fun of me when they find out what they are, but it’s worth it to have a pair of jeans that fit right.

[quote]tedro wrote:
Anybody recommending american eagle, wrangler, 501’s etc. have no idea what it is like to not fit into jeans. Relaxed fit or even simply loose fit jeans will never fit you right. These are meant to be relaxed for people with average proportions. I am pretty similar in size to you, with a definite squatters butt. I once tried on every style at american eagle, even the 36’s were skin tight around my legs and butt, and then I had about 3" extra at the waist.

Do not waist your time at American eagle, areopastale, gap or any other of these types of stores. The one pair I have found that fits me decent are Levi’s carpenter jeans. 34/30. They are a little big around the waist still, but are fine with a belt. I have 4 pairs of this style. Go to Dillards, JC Penneys, Kohls, or about any department store to find them. You will probably want the same size as me.

Also, if you can find a pair, look for some sean johns that don’t have the writing and stuff all over them. Unless you like that. These jeans are actually made for people with big butts and thighs and designed to be baggy. I’ve got a pair of these as well. A few people like to make fun of me when they find out what they are, but it’s worth it to have a pair of jeans that fit right.[/quote]

sort of a blanket statement. read my post and then try to tell me i dont know what its like to not fit into jeans…

you can find jeans anywhere if your willing to go up in size and willing to wear a belt. some fit better than others, i would try out the ones mentioned (Levi’s and Lee’s or whatever) but dont completely throw out the idea of AE or Aero, i really like my AE and i figure i will grow into the waist a little… hahha

I wear a 32x34 yea good luck trying to find that combo.

Anyway I have luck at American Eagle, Banana Republic, J. Crew if you don’t mind paying $100 for a pair of jeans, and then suit pants.

The loose fit Guess jeans work as well.

At the moment I only have 3 pairs of jeans that fit and my legs just got too large for 2 pairs of dress pants. It’s expensive to lift correctly!

While on the topic of clothes I hate dress shirts! My back expands the top of the shirts so the sleeves are always too short! Then when I find one that fits the mid section is freaken huge so it looks dumb tucked in. Stupid job where I have to where a suit to work every day.

Tedro, you hit the nail on the head.

I experienced the same problems with pants legs, to a “T”. I do have a few pairs of sean john pants I bought at a discount store for about 20 bucks a pair, but I out-grew those.

Coolnatedawg,

I tried on some 38x30 pants and the legs are still too small. I’m not even going to bother wearing 40x30 pants w/ a belt. It won’t look right (I can’t look like hell, I’m not just a student, I work too) and its not worth the cash to pay top dollar for pants just to have them altered, especially if I keep getting bigger. They just look / fit funny, ya know?

I miss the days of jnco pants. Those were not just for skater kids!

I’m about to run out and see if I can find something since I have a day off. Maybe I’ll get lucky, see you guys later.

[quote]CrewPierce wrote:
I wear a 32x34 yea good luck trying to find that combo.

Anyway I have luck at American Eagle, Banana Republic, J. Crew if you don’t mind paying $100 for a pair of jeans, and then suit pants.
[/quote]

You have the opposite problem that we do, ae caters to your long thin look.

[quote]Synthetickiller wrote:
I tried on some 38x30 pants and the legs are still too small. I’m not even going to bother wearing 40x30 pants w/ a belt. It won’t look right (I can’t look like hell, I’m not just a student, I work too) and its not worth the cash to pay top dollar for pants just to have them altered, especially if I keep getting bigger. They just look / fit funny, ya know?
[/quote]

I cut it off at 36, if I have to go with a waist that big and they are still tight through the hips, I’m not even going to waste my time trying on a 38 or bigger. I do have a pair of slacks that are a 36, but I should really get them tailored.

Just wait until you try to find a pair of khaki’s. They are even worse than jeans. I’ve never found any that come close to fitting, but I’ve found a few pairs of slacks.