People Still Do DC?

Hey, Spidey. Thanks for stopping by. With the goodmornings, I’m gradually becoming more confident while performing them. I know some will say that you shouldn’t use rest-pause with them. At first, I was worried about injuring my lower back. However, I find that they are somewhat similar to deadlifts in terms of what can slide with execution.

Meaning, I make sure to keep my lower back tight and arched, but when I move up in weight I expect a little upper back rounding. Personally, I don’t think this is an issue. I use a slow and controlled eccentric and explode on the concentric. I feel that controlling the weight on these is very important and definitely would not recommend using the “touch and go” approach like one might do with other exercises. I even pause for a moment at the bottom just to make sure I’m still tight before going back up. Hope this helps.

Also, thanks for the encouragement.

Moar updates!

Thursday-A1
HS Flat Press-270x18rp, 2min stretch
DB Shoulder Press-60’sx19rp, 1min stretch (Not too happy here)
Dips-BW+35x5 (Forearm was hurting. Had to scrap these)
LPD-135x30rp, 1min stretch
BOR-175x10, 195x5

Well, there you have it. I started off really strong, but lost it a bit towards the end. Still, not a bad session. I hit my rep range with the DB press, but would have been happier with more. I felt like it was too big of a drop in reps from last time to be much of an improvement. Anyways, that’s all for now. Until next time.

I’m getting big on 'em.

Sunday-B1
Cable Curl-100x29rp, 1:30 stretch
Reverse Curl-40x20
Calf Machine-105x10
Leg Press-540x10, 450x20

So, here’s the deal. My ride was waiting on me and I was already running late. So, I had to bolt out of the gym without doing my SLDs or my leg stretches. I swear, I’m dropping the ball lately. Actually, though, I was feeling pretty good during this workout. I finished with a solid quad pump. I checked my weight and I’m hovering around 252 right now. I’ll probably take some measurements soon and post them for those who would like to know. I suppose that’s all for now. Until next time.