People Answering Questions for Jim

ill recieve hate for this but Jim this forum is your name, Jim Wendler 5/3/1 what ive seen on pretty much people asking YOU for advice but for some reason others answer it, and sometimes with a total different answer to yours, now Jim, can i ask does this annoy the fucking shit out of you or you cool with this? i think this is why there is SO many bastardized versions of your program out there hence why you get questions “does this template look alright” followed by every cat and his dogs opinion,

so simple question to YOU Jim, does this annoy you? would you prefer to answer the questions yourself as it is your forum?

cheers

Jim loves when others answer questions for him.

:wink:

I agree 100% every time I ask something ether no one comments or someone bad mouths my ? so Jim ,you are the reason I went back to power lifting .I have worked out on/off for a long time but never this hard and with this much force, thanks Jim. but to all other that think this shit is just for you to bash someone for trying to make there life better .

well you know what you can do This is why I didnt start curseing someone dont want to get a bashing tread started just the way I look at it. Mike

Knowlage is power. Lifting is a life long journey, the stronger you get, the more you learn, and vise versa. Jim has lots of knowlage and strength, and wrote a great program based on this. In the begining you need to focus on one program/person to learn from, and not get confused. As you get stronger, and smarter you need to be open to all the information you can get.

You will hopefully learn how to seperate, good form bad, or in the case of the internet, nonsense form fact (mostly nonsense) After 20+ years of lifting I`m still learning things that help me to get bigger, and stronger, somtimes in the strangest of places. I recently adjusted my squat stance after watching a program on down hill sking.

The point being that if your just starting out, Jims a great guy to be learning from, but dont close your mind to all other idea`s

[quote]AnytimeJake wrote:
The point being that if your just starting out, Jims a great guy to be learning from, but dont close your mind to all other idea`s[/quote]

This. I don’t even think it matters if you’re just starting out.

Also, you’re posting on a public forum. I’m quite confident in saying that most people are simply trying to help, or make a suggestion as to what worked or did not work for them (especially in this section of the forum, perhaps not so much in the others).

If you don’t want the input of other people, you could send Jim a PM, email, or subscribe to his forum (although I’m sure others will provide input there too).

baugust: “I’m quite confident in saying that most people are simply trying to help, or make a suggestion as to what worked or did not work for them (especially in this section of the forum, perhaps not so much in the others).”

I would add that the contributions of others often help clarify the questions, point to how Jim has answered related issues before, or help fill out details/explanations of Jim’s sometimes brief replies.

yes i know that people are trying to help i can see that, but really, sometimes on this forum the advice that some give are just bullshit hence the reason for all these bastardised versions,and people answering others questions giving the total wrong advice, the best advice i got off Jim thus far (15 cycles) is to keep it simple dont overlook stupid shit and add in stuff for the sake of it!! and also fucking eat!! since ive implemented this advice my results are through the roof!! anyway this topic for some reason changed from “question for Jim” and clearly thats who its adressed too

[quote]Caino wrote:
yes i know that people are trying to help i can see that, but really, sometimes on this forum the advice that some give are just bullshit hence the reason for all these bastardised versions,and people answering others questions giving the total wrong advice, the best advice i got off Jim thus far (15 cycles) is to keep it simple dont overlook stupid shit and add in stuff for the sake of it!! and also fucking eat!! since ive implemented this advice my results are through the roof!! anyway this topic for some reason changed from “question for Jim” and clearly thats who its adressed too [/quote]

Imagine that, Simply follow the program as written in the books and actually follow the advice also written in his books? wow.

By the way, Jim has a pay site I believe, that you could join to get “better” advice and all that if you are unhappy with the free advice from folks here… but to our benefit, he posts here quite often for free. So while I get the fact that you’ve specifically addressed your thing here to Jim, you may want to realize that Jim nor anyone else is obligated to answer you, but he does because he’s a stand up guy, so I’d learn to be happy with replies and apply or shitcan things that don’t apply to you. That advice goes for many aspects in life.

u got it all wrong dude, im asking Jim if it annoys HIM if others answer shit for him, doesnt worry me because i been doing it long enough to tell what works and what does not,

I find it hilarious that Jim hasn’t commented yet.
And I wish there was some way to package and ship him for hill sprints :slight_smile:

[quote]Pabro wrote:
I find it hilarious that Jim hasn’t commented yet.
And I wish there was some way to package and ship him for hill sprints :)[/quote]

hahah everyone but Jim has posted see what i mean lol

[quote]Caino wrote:
u got it all wrong dude, im asking Jim if it annoys HIM if others answer shit for him, doesnt worry me because i been doing it long enough to tell what works and what does not,[/quote]
Nobody answers anything for him. Everyone can give Input, if you don’t like it simply keep scrolling? This really bugs you this much to make a topic of it?

if i go to a forum that says Jim Wendler 5/3/1 id think its Jim Wendler correct? just like the John Meadows and CT forum

Many of us have been doing 5/3/1 for a while, even before Beyond 5/3/1 was released, and fully understand the basic fundamentals. Many of the questions asked on this forum are related to the basic fundamentals of the program. Additionally, many questions can be answered by people other than Jim because they are clearly stated in the book and either the person posting the question has either, not purchased the book and wants a free ride, is illiterate or lazy, or honestly missed that section or paragraph in the book. Anything that I don’t have experience with and don’t feel confident in answer I will not answer.

This is an open forum and if you post here you should expect for public response. Can’t deal with that, then don’t post here.

To answer for Jim, if I may, I would guess that it sometimes bothers him, depending on the answer :wink:

To answer for Jim:

Dude…give me a break, if I answered every basic question posted here I’d have carpal tunnel you wouldn’t believe.

I don’t worry about what I can’t control.

[quote]Jim Wendler wrote:
I don’t worry about what I can’t control. [/quote]

i see, anyways cheers for the reply Jim love your work

It may have his name on it but it is a public forum - I am sure he knew what he was getting into when he started this. He’s been writing and participating here for years. Perhaps you could ask him for consultations in private if you don’t like us chiming in? Perhaps pay him. I personally love that others jump in and offer their opinion - and then Jim chimes in and corrects us all - or lets us know we’re doing things right. Discussions, roundtables, public debate - makes the world go round. It’s how you get better. Be thankful you have access to so many opinions. What exactly is the problem?

5/3/1 has been around for while now, and a lot of the questions asked are from people that haven’t read the book (I’ve only read the first one) or didn’t pay attention enough while reading to “get” the concepts (i.e. ASSISTANCE DOESN’T FUCKING MATTER STOP ASKING WHICH ASSISTANCE TO DO PICK ONE THAT LOOKS GOOD FOR YOU AND DO IT cough ahem). I don’t even go into most threads about Beyond 5/3/1 because I’ve never done it, and I haven’t read the book, so I have little to no input.