Penta Water ?

Anybody know about this stuff, they claim to restructure the water molecules so that it is better absorbed. If this works that would be a huge benefit to athletes. I’m no scientist, so it makes sense to me. Is it possible? Does this stuff work?

Wow this seems to be a new big fad. I doubt anyone should replace water, but it would be interesting to hear what T-Nation has to say of it.

Hey, editors, what’s the deal? You guys should reinstate the news column where people can get a lowdown on things like penta and whatever other new junk that gets sprayed on the tabloids.

Oh no they didn’t… no really, tell me they don’t.

I’m going to start bottling water and selling it too. Here’s my Tag Line: “Water, now with 2 parts hydrogen.”

I can then proceed to cite all the studies showing that oxygen is needed for our survival. I could even go on about dipoles and the importance of surface tension, which is related to its density and the fact that icebergs float thereby allowing us to have dry land.

What do you guys think?

Cheers

[quote]piper1 wrote:
Anybody know about this stuff, they claim to restructure the water molecules so that it is better absorbed. If this works that would be a huge benefit to athletes. I’m no scientist, so it makes sense to me. Is it possible? Does this stuff work? [/quote]

I remember my mom had a tape on this about 3 years ago. So its been around for a while.

It sounds good but I’ve gotten to the point where I think “if its too good to be true, it probably is.”

[quote]David Barr wrote:
Oh no they didn’t… no really, tell me they don’t.

I’m going to start bottling water and selling it too. Here’s my Tag Line: “Water, now with 2 parts hydrogen.”

I can then proceed to cite all the studies showing that oxygen is needed for our survival. I could even go on about dipoles and the importance of surface tension, which is related to its density and the fact that icebergs float thereby allowing us to have dry land.

What do you guys think?

Cheers[/quote]

It’s OK if you do that but you better include a disclaimer that it has also caused thousands of deaths when used incorrectly.
It is, in fact, an extremely dangerous compound: under the wrong usage conditions it can cause severe burns as well.

As far as the penta- is concerned. That may not be so bad, but don’t ever mess with ice-nine. Just a word of friendly warning.

t-d

Penta is still just H2O, what they claim is that normally H2O molecules tend to cluster making it harder to be absorbed into your cells, they somehow reduce the clusters to a more beneficial size, making it be absorbed faster and more efficiently.

Hey All,

I suggest everyone check out www.randi.org (not just for this topic, I check it every Friday) and do a search. They talk about this topic. The general consensus among the scientific commmunity is that it is crap.

Max

I’ve tried penta water, and it was very wet, just like normal water. I’d say it’s comparable to any bottled water out there, I didn’t really see any sort of enhanced hydration or anything though.

[quote]CU AeroStallion wrote:
I’ve tried penta water, and it was very wet.[/quote]

This was probably placebo effect…

Cheers

[quote]JSMaxwell wrote:
Hey All,

I suggest everyone check out www.randi.org (not just for this topic, I check it every Friday) and do a search. They talk about this topic. The general consensus among the scientific commmunity is that it is crap.

Max
[/quote]

To save everyone some time, direct links to a detailed article by James Randi on his correspondence with the Penta water people in regard to testing their product for the $1,000,000 JREF Prize for proof of the paranormal:

Part 1: Commentary, August 24, 2001 — A Classic Case of Challenge, Acceptance, Stalling, Misrepresentation, and a Final Retreat.
Part 2: Commentary, August 31, 2001 — Remembering Ireland, Martial Arts Warning, the Penta Saga Again, the Art of Cold Reading, and Testing Powers Down Under.....

placebo effect… that’s funny stuff Dave!

I can just see it… (fade into a the scene) in a double blind study, it was found that when giving people 2 gallons of either penta water or normal bottled water, both groups became much more hydrated, performed better in the gym, had a better sex life, and had to urinate more often. This is most likely due to the placebo effect, in which everyone thought they were drinking some sort of super water…

Penta water (eye roll)