T Nation

Penn & Teller Anti-Terrorism

http://www.filecabi.net/video/futerrorist.html

Can’t wait to see the reaction!

[quote]derek wrote:
http://www.filecabi.net/video/futerrorist.html

Can’t wait to see the reaction![/quote]

Hey Derek, we might inflame the situation. What would happen then? Just kidding.

We should tell the Iran, Saudi Arabia, and all others in that area that if we get attacked, and they are from a terrorist group from your country, we are going to lob a few bomb around your country. That should get them to take some action. Hey, the French might complain. Fuck em.

It is so nice that we can do things BECAUSE WE CAN. Because those scumbags, and that’s most of the world, would be throwing their weight around just like us.

Let’s see. Germany, Japan, British Empire, France, and let’s not forget the Soviet Union, those wonderful pacifists. If they were still powers and trying to divvy up the world, what a great place it would be. But then again, the one with the biggest penis would call the shots. Sounds familiar.

[quote]derek wrote:
http://www.filecabi.net/video/futerrorist.html

Can’t wait to see the reaction![/quote]

I liked the part where Penn tells that the religious fanatics have a taboo about coming near other guys’ dicks.

It’s understood that he don’t.

[quote]olderguy wrote:
We should tell the Iran, Saudi Arabia, and all others in that area that if we get attacked, and they are from a terrorist group from your country, we are going to lob a few bomb around your country. That should get them to take some action. Hey, the French might complain. Fuck em.

[/quote]

Jay Severin, a radio talk-show host and no friend of GWB has suggested that very thing.

You know damn well that if American’s acting alone or part of a militia were killing Canadians, Mexicans or other Americans we’d be in a heap of trouble if we didn’t put an end to it. It’s just that no one would have the balls to retaliate on us.

(neither do we)

[quote]derek wrote:
You know damn well that if American’s acting alone or part of a militia were killing Canadians, Mexicans or other Americans we’d be in a heap of trouble if we didn’t put an end to it.[/quote]

Your militia is called the CIA, Navy and other fancy names. They’re killing people around the world as we speak.

It’s not about balls. It’s about realism, common sense and largely disproportionate military capability.

why not say MUSLIM
instead of religious ,

b@stards , drop after drop of poop on religion is what they do

[quote]lixy wrote:
derek wrote:
You know damn well that if American’s acting alone or part of a militia were killing Canadians, Mexicans or other Americans we’d be in a heap of trouble if we didn’t put an end to it.

Your militia is called the CIA, Navy and other fancy names. They’re killing people around the world as we speak.

It’s just that no one would have the balls to retaliate on us.

It’s not about balls. It’s about realism, common sense and largely disproportionate military capability.[/quote]

Wouldn’t it be a great world if the Taliban and other MUSLIM groups had more military capability.

You have some BALLS talking about realism. They flew planes into the WTC. That’s about as real as it gets. Common sence is off the table after they pull shit like that. And bombing a bus full of grade school age kids is realistic.

For someone who thinks they are so smart, you are sometimes laughable. [/quote]

[quote]lixy wrote:
Your militia is called the CIA, Navy and other fancy names. They’re killing people around the world as we speak.

[/quote]

You never fail to entertain, lixy.

First, that was in no way what I was trying to discuss and since you are smart enough to have known that, your an a-hole to twist my post like that.

The U.S. is the only country to refer to a branch of thier military with fancy names such as “Navy”? Hmmmmmmm, you ARE smart!

And as for killing people around the world, you got it right this time. “We” kill while our enemies commit murder. Nice of you to see the difference.

Don’t worry, though we’ll always be there to do the tough, dirty work that you are unwilling or unable to do.

Our military is killing people because of the attacks on 9/11, in Africa on our embassies, the Cole, Khobar towers, ect.

What was the reason for all of this terrorism? Why did they attack us? Bin Laden said because we were supporting Israel and because we had troops in Saudi Arabia?

Why were the troops there? To free Kuwait from Saddam Hussein. So if you follow the il-logic, if we hadn’t kicked Saddam out of Kuwait, we wouldn’t have been attacked on 9-11.

If you don’t agree with our military killing people ‘as we speak,’ do you agree with the terror attacks listed above and do you think we should have left Saddam have Kuwait and not attacked him, and should we have done after 9-11?

[quote]Gkhan wrote:
If you don’t agree with our military killing people ‘as we speak,’ do you agree with the terror attacks listed above and do you think we should have left Saddam have Kuwait and not attacked him, and should we have done after 9-11? [/quote]

People like him have all the answers. And they have no problem telling you what should’ve been done.

The only problem is that they have the ability to look backward in time where the U.S. did not. They have the luxury of hindsight and thier second-guessing doesn’t get anyone killed.

The U.S. has to ACT, not sit at the keyboard and criticize actual real-life military actions taken by a nation that had been under attack (as you mentioned) for decades my muslim extremeists.

It must be nice to sit back all nice and neutral and place blame on everybody but the true aggessors in this war on terrorism; the terrorists.

[quote]Gkhan wrote:
Why were the troops there? To free Kuwait from Saddam Hussein. So if you follow the il-logic, if we hadn’t kicked Saddam out of Kuwait, we wouldn’t have been attacked on 9-11.
[/quote]

You may wanna brush up on the relationship between the dictator and your administration prior to that;

It’s also pretty evident that Saddam was tricked into invading Kuwait.

"The Iraqi invasion of Kuwait in 1990 was conducted with the tacit approval of the US Ambassador, April Glaspie. In a July 25, 1990 meeting with Hussein (eight days before the invasion), Glaspie told the dictator, “We have no opinion on your Arab-Arab conflicts, such as your dispute with Kuwait. Secretary [of State James] Baker has directed me to emphasize the instruction, first given to Iraq in the 1960s, that the Kuwait issue is not associated with America.” A transcript tells us that Saddam smiled upon hearing this news.

So, according to the Hitchens Doctrine, these aggressions against Iran and Kuwait, with respective covert and tacit US support, and the latter of which was reversed twelve years before the 2003 US invasion, constitute the first condition “under which a state may be deemed or said to have sacrificed its sovereignty.”

http://www.counterpunch.org/gorman10092005.html

And can you explain why you feel compelled to have 737 military bases overseas in over 130 countries?

http://www.japanfocus.org/products/details/2358

As for the 9/11 attacks, it was a very unfortunate event the roots of which are anterior to the 1st Iraq war. You can’t go on twisting and defying international law and expect to not get any repercutions.

[quote]olderguy wrote:
Wouldn’t it be a great world if the Taliban and other MUSLIM groups had more military capability.[/quote]

Agreed. A world where the Talibans have a strong army would be a bad place to be.

Again, that was a horrible thing Ben-Laden did. Indeed, every single thing he does turn out to be a horror show.

But I wasn’t referring to Al-Qaeda when I talked about realism. If you follow the thread closely, I replied to a post claiming that if the US had a militia terrorizing Mexico or some other country, that country wouldn’t have the balls to strike back.

I never said I was. You just drew that conclusion yourself

I just happen to have more distance vis-a-vis the issue. Historical books and alternative media might help as well to realize that the US has been a terrorist state ever since the end of WWII.

9/11 makes history because that was first time that the guns were pointed the other way around.

[quote]derek wrote:
First, that was in no way what I was trying to discuss and since you are smart enough to have known that, your an a-hole to twist my post like that.[/quote]

Please elaborate. Why would the atrocities commited by others be and the ones commited by the US not crimes.

Last time I checked, the US was vetoeing resolutions calling on all states to observe internationl law (twice),

http://www.phon.ucl.ac.uk/home/geoff/UNresolutions.htm

Again, the US is notorious for going around dangling their military superiority to coerce governments into compliance. They also bombed and invaded more countries than any other one ever did.

A crime is a crime. Killing others can be considered self-defense only if you’re under immediate danger. In that sense, I think the Iraqis have more legitimacy shooting you than the other way around.

You go around toppling democratically elected regimes that oppose your policies. You bombed two countries into oblivion to catch a man and failed at it. How many innocents died in the way?

Nobody else is ego-centric enough to do such things.

And just for the record, the majority of your fellow citizens oppose the war in Iraq. Do you claim to know their good better than themselves?

[quote]lixy wrote:
derek wrote:
First, that was in no way what I was trying to discuss and since you are smart enough to have known that, your an a-hole to twist my post like that.

Please elaborate. Why would the atrocities commited by others be and the ones commited by the US not crimes.

Last time I checked, the US was vetoeing resolutions calling on all states to observe internationl law (twice),

http://www.phon.ucl.ac.uk/home/geoff/UNresolutions.htm

The U.S. is the only country to refer to a branch of thier military with fancy names such as “Navy”? Hmmmmmmm, you ARE smart!

Again, the US is notorious for going around dangling their military superiority to coerce governments into compliance. They also bombed and invaded more countries than any other one ever did.

And as for killing people around the world, you got it right this time. “We” kill while our enemies commit murder. Nice of you to see the difference.

A crime is a crime. Killing others can be considered self-defense only if you’re under immediate danger. In that sense, I think the Iraqis have more legitimacy shooting you than the other way around.

Don’t worry, though we’ll always be there to do the tough, dirty work that you are unwilling or unable to do.

You go around toppling democratically elected regimes that oppose your policies. You bombed two countries into oblivion to catch a man and failed at it. How many innocents died in the way?

Nobody else is ego-centric enough to do such things.

And just for the record, the majority of your fellow citizens oppose the war in Iraq. Do you claim to know their good better than themselves?[/quote]

Man, I’m glad you’re not in charge of my safety and security.

Tell me again where your utopia is? I wanna go.

Our majority is seeing a standstill in Iraq. We are not against the war, just it’s current lack of killing terrorists in large number as opposed to “occupying”.

Believe me, if we wre a boatloasd MORE aggressive over there and mounting more enemy deaths, we’d all be cheering.

Again, we are NOT against the war. Stop listening to that cowardly voice in your head.

[quote]derek wrote:
Tell me again where your utopia is? I wanna go.[/quote]

Here you go. Utopia, Texas.

[quote]lixy wrote:
Again, the US is notorious for going around dangling their military superiority to coerce governments into compliance. They also bombed and invaded more countries than any other one ever did.[/quote]

What about Russia? And the former British Empire?

[quote]brucevangeorge wrote:
derek wrote:
Tell me again where your utopia is? I wanna go.

Here you go. Utopia, Texas.[/quote]

That was cute but he’s from Sweden. Texas for some reason, seems like the LAST place lixy would go.

[quote]
lixy wrote:
Your militia is called the CIA, Navy and other fancy names. They’re killing people around the world as we speak.[/quote]

Yeah, good call, smart guy. No wonder you’re always on that high horse, that advanced brain of yours can figure out all sorts of tricky shit. Like the fact that militias kill people. Who would have thought – it’s not like that’s why they’re there in the first place, is it?