Penis Feels Disconnected from My Body

I hear you, this has actually been hard for me. I trained for 10 years straight, most I ever took off consecutively in that time was about 1 week. Now I’ve been off for almost 4 months, just can’t seem to get my motivation back.

Obviously, the feeling results from the fact that you made protocol changes. You need to wait for at least one and a half months before the body starts operating normally. So don’t worry let’s compare notes after that time.

1 Like

Lifting weights is like any hobby one can burn out. It usually take me about 7 years to be done with a hobby if its one that consumed all my spare time. That is why so many 35 years old quit the gym.
Putting together good one hour program 3 days a week should be all you need to get the benefits your TRT will give. Maybe find a new Gym to change things up. Dump all your old exersizes and learn new ones.
The advice arose is giving is good. Hormones take for ever to balance and some blood numbers will over shoot at times. Most protocols stablize in 5-6 week but that is not the end that is just when the healing starts.

1 Like

Blasphemy!

1 Like

All good advice, thanks man. When my adrenaline starts pumping on a new protocol it’s hard to remember that I’ve been here before and that it will pass.

Question for you: what’s the science behind the 6 week stabilization period? I’ve heard it from so many times from doctors but I’ve never thought to ask how the process works.

From half life of testosterone cypionate.

In practice, it is generally considered that steady state is reached when a time of 4 to 5 times the half-life for a drug after regular dosing is started.

So 7 days times 5 is 35 days.

Different topic. But I believe many other things in the body that react to the change of testosterone like hct take much longer to stabilize.

1 Like

Medication in your system doubles when it reaches it’s steady state (5 half lives of that specific medication).
So if you took 100mg of test cyp/ week, the milligrams in your body would constantly be increasing until roughly 40 days go by.
That means at 40 days, you will have 200mg in your system, not 100mg anymore. So if you don’t feel anything that great even after a few weeks on a specific dosage of testosterone, just be patient. Your total testosterone should constantly be increasing from day one until day 40.

So with test cyp, only make dosage changes after 40 days of being on that specific dosage and frequency. This is why people always say it takes testosterone sometimes 3-6 weeks to “kick in”. It has to do with your receptors getting acclimated to these new testosterone levels, but it also has to do with the fact that maybe that 100mg in your system when you started didn’t really make you feel that great or raise your testosterone levels high enough, but after 40 days (5 weeks), you now have 200mg in your system and your total testosterone should now be doubled from when you first started, and this amount of milligrams in your system might be just what you needed to feel good and get your numbers where they should be.

Just think about it, 5 weeks is right there in-between 3-6 weeks. It makes perfect sense that people start feeling it around then, this is exactly when your body reaches a “steady state” on testosterone cypionate.

Testosterone Cyp (Half life 8 days) - Steady state in 40 days
Arimidex (Half life 2 days) - Steady state in 10 days
Aromasin (Half life 1 day) - Steady state in 5 days
HCG (Half life 2 days) - Steady state in 10 days.
Clomid ( Half life 6 days) - Steady state in 30 days.
Remember, 5 x half life of a medication = Steady state of that medication.

hth

1 Like

Makes complete sense, thanks for the explanation.

1 Like

I have broken this guideline in the past. When it is obvious I am taking too much T or anastrozole thru feelings that last more than a week or early blood tests I will adjust my protocol dose and just reset the clock.

There is no reason to continue a bad protocol for 40 days if you know it is bad. Many of us do mid protocol mini blood just to get a peek at what our lvls look like knowing they will no remain at those lvls.
An example would be. Say you are 20 days into your new protocol and your mini blood test has your Free T already over range. Well that ain’t coming down in the next 20 day it will only go even higher. Excessive Free T can lead to high HCT which can lead to high blood pressure requiring blood donations but that only works for a short while too many blood donations to close together can crash your ferritin.

1 Like

How many is too many within a specific timeframe?

For me it was 6 donations 56 days apart. BAck in my newbie days.
I did not know frequent donations would crash ones ferritin and the blood bank won’t tell you. They are allowed to call you every 56 days for a 1 pint donation. They only care that your hemoglobin is under 19. That’s the finger stick test.

I had HCT issues because I like running my Free T in the high 30’s all the time. Another newbie mistake. Heah if it feels good do it, right, haha. The top of the LabCorp range for free T is 18. An some self proclaimed HRT guru over on EM told me I needed to donate blood to drop HCT if I did not want to reduce my T dose. Leaving out the bit about ferritin. F’n A’hole

lowferritin

How high was your hct? Are your platelets always that low?

platelets- yes
Anything over 51 my clinic required a donation or drop in T dose. if HCT hits 54 they pull my T script until I am below 51. Sucks but what you gone’a do that is their rule.

platets

EDIT: platelets. I looked back at a pre TRT blood test 2015
Platelets: 239 x10E3/uL 150 - 379
So maybe the low platelet number is also a result of the donations. What do you think?

OP I hope I have not derailed your thread?

Nah, they come back up in two to three days. You have Olympic athlete blood.

Sounds like you have symptoms that are dead giveaways. What do they look like for you?

I don’t have it nailed down with all symptoms. When my T is too high my libido gets out of control. My mind wants sex all the time even 2 hours after sex. That does not mean my body can respond to what my mind wants(ED). I also see a lot of oily skin with acne. T too low and I have no libido.
I’ve never taken too much anastrozole but you can read what happens on every male forum like this one since so many guys do it. It does not sound like fun. Too little AI and I get extra sensitive and can tear up for the dumbest things.

Hope that helps.

1 Like

Lol that’s me at moments these days. Just a few minutes ago I felt like crying because I felt tired. Now I’m feeling totally normal, it’s been like this since switching protocols. Swinging until stable I guess, hoping it’s not a high E2 issue.

To the op: my penis is now functioning normally. How are things on your end?

The disconnected feeling is the worst. It is like wtf is happening to me it won’t even move. It lasted a couple more days after this post then started going back to normal. It sucks to even need HRT but at least things are feeling better again. I am guessing this will not be the last time I start feeling this and I am guessing it will be continuous ups and downs for a while until I get it figured out with my Dr.

I hear you man, it’s not an easy road.

If I have sex too much I get that feeling. I’m 40. After a certain age you cannot expect to use your little dude every day or very often and expect it to come back full force. I had the same issue. Couple weeks ago: sooo damn hornet and doing the deed 3-4 days in a row. All of a sudden I couldn’t get it up. Two days later right back to it. Horney the entire time. Hope that helps. every symptom does not have the same cause necessarily.