T Nation

Pellets vs Shots

I just got on pellets, it’s been 2 weeks no results yet, wanted to know if I could supplement with a cream or shots in the beginning until my t comes up and then at the end, then probable stay on shots bc of cost and control. Also is there anything else I should take, I’m 43, 234 t, and very low free t, everything else is normal. I have a groin pull and l5 disk problem, so may not feel it anyway, dont know even if the 10 pellets will put me at an optimum level for healing and for fatigue, libido. Any thoughts. Again first post and very new to this.

Injections is more stable than pellets but two weeks is not enough to feel the effects. Maybe get new bloodwork in a couple weeks to see your levels

But while I’m waiting or if my levels or still low either now or at the end of the pellet cycle, can I supplement with shots to keep my t at a normal higher level. That’s the question, I will stay on shots later on in 6 months anyway or should I supplement with a topical if my levels are low. I will not go back for more pellets again if I am low.

I don’t have the knowledge to answer your question but I can tell you that your levels might be getting normal with pellets . You’ll start to feel the benefits soon but two weeks ain’t enough.

Too much testosterone is not better

You can supplement with shots if your test is low but depending on how many mg of pellets you got you may be ok. Do a lab after 6 weeks to see where your levels are.

Great, Ty for the advice. I will see in 2 weeks about results and post them, just didn’t want to feel fatigue for another 3 to 6 weeks until they kicked in. But I’m a week out, so i will wait. My groin pull and back pain are probable hindering the issue as well.

Why is too much test not good if u hold down the estrogen, what are the bad sides.

Talking maybe less than 1500, if i did shots and pellets, which now I will not and wait it out

Supplementing with injections will not do anything. The testosterone is in your system but it takes 4-6 weeks for your body to adjust and for you to notice the difference. There is no speeding that up with conventionally prescribed testosterone. There are fast acting ester testosterones but those are not prescribed and typically on used in the AAS world.

Please read the stickies found here: About the T Replacement Category

• advice for new guys - need more info about you
  • things that damage your hormones
  • protocol for injections
  • finding a TRT doc

Evaluate your overall thyroid function by checking oral body temperatures as per the thyroid basics sticky. Thyroid hormone fT3 is what gets the job done and it regulates mitochondrial activity, the source of ATP which is the universal currency of cellular energy. This is part of the body’s temperature control loop. This can get messed up if you are iodine deficient. In many countries, you need to be using iodized salt. Other countries add iodine to dairy or bread.

KSman is simply a regular member on this site. Nothing more other than highly active.

Still figuring out why bumping up my t with shots while on pellets, but staying under the 1400 line wouldn’t be beneficial for fatigue and all the other symptoms. Can u explain why too much even under that 1400 line is bad. Now I’m curious, probable won’t do the shots and wait it out but now I want to know why. Ty

Because your body doesn’t react that fast. Simple…you can’t speed up the process. Be patient. In 4-6 weeks from start you will,feel,the benefits.

Thanks for posting the awesome study. Great read and excellent tool to provide context and perspective to all us new guys. Much appreciated.

From my experience and per my labs, using too much T on a poor protocol raised my hematocrit levels very high resulting in my blood being too thick. It’s an easy fix, just donate blood, however I would assume this could be devastating to anyone with a heart condition.

From my experience per my body using too much T on a poor protocol created a huge surge in estrogen, messed up my emotions, gave me ED for the first time ever, basically turned me into an aggressive bitchy asshole. Not sure which lab number that correlates to, but it must have been high!

Just my opinion, but adding additional T in your case seems like a horrible idea. You have no idea how your body is going to respond to the pellets. If you respond poorly I assume they get cut out of your ass? I would personally want to avoid that experience at all cost.

I hear you though about wanting to feel better asap. Like most of us here we can fully relate and understand the despair you’re living with due to low T. It’s terrible, but for many guys, especially those who take the time to read the stickies, life does get better following a healthy stable protocol. I’m new to all this too, but find a lot of here. Be patient, trust the process, hopefully you feel better sooner than later.