T Nation

Peeling Hard Boiled Eggs

[quote]Tizza wrote:
swivel wrote:
i cook 12 at a time in two quarts of hoh. or 6 in 1 qt.

You gotta love swivel. Anyone that refers to water as hydrogen hydroxide is OK in my book. Also, his method works well.[/quote]

well, HouseOfAtlas was looking for a secret ingredient. i thought i was talking about hydroxic acid though.

I was looking for the secret into making the eggs peel easier, but it looks like you guys covered it all. Thanks again! :slight_smile:

Ya’ll are panzies real men don’t even take off the shell to eat it let alone put salt hot sauce or any other stuff on it.

J/K

No, I usually just put a little bit of salt on it then shove the egg down my throat faster you eat it the less you taste it and the more you can eat without getting full…no nibbling you little rabbit bitch.

[quote]swivel wrote:
Tizza wrote:
swivel wrote:

You gotta love swivel. Anyone that refers to water as hydrogen hydroxide is OK in my book. Also, his method works well.

well, HouseOfAtlas was looking for a secret ingredient. i thought i was talking about hydroxic acid though.
[/quote]

Just as long as you aren’t espousing the use of dihydrogen monoxide. I hear that stuff can be dangerous!

[quote]Tizza wrote:
swivel wrote:
Tizza wrote:
swivel wrote:

You gotta love swivel. Anyone that refers to water as hydrogen hydroxide is OK in my book. Also, his method works well.

Just as long as you aren’t espousing the use of dihydrogen monoxide. I hear that stuff can be dangerous![/quote]

yeah bro it’s like a major component of acid rain or something…

Here’s a different way to cook:

Boil the water without the eggs. Then set the eggs into the boiling water with a spoon. Boil for about 10 minutes, then remove from heat. Pour out hot water, and replace with cold water to help them cool. It seems to me that the instant heat helps the shell hang looser.

To peel, I tap hard in the middle, and then roll across the middle. It makes a seam so that you can pop the shell off in two halves. It takes 5 seconds to peel an egg.