T Nation

Pedro + Mets = Ass kicking

http://msn.foxsports.com/story/3206778?GT1=5860

Pedro Martinez is (99% definite) now a New York Met. WOOO HOOO!!! A new manager, a future Hall of Fame pitcher and a whole lot of kicking ass and taking names at the door. Look out Major League Baseball, guard your assholes because the New York Mets are coming to rip you a new one. MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Just a thank you to the Mets for taking the next Mo Vaughn off of our hands. Hope you guys have a good surgeon for when (“99 pitches only”) Pedro’s shoulder falls apart.

The man helps you win a World Series and you’re bitching about him.

Its gonna be interesting to see if you’re as quick to say the same thing when THE METS ARE WINNING THE WORLD SERIES, BEEYOTCH!!!

Damn!! Battle of the East Coast!!

Sorry to be a spoiler but the Dodgers all the way next season (wishful thinking that is)!!!

I’m saying Pedro is a good fit for the MEts but David Wells is not a good replacement.

So screw both of you and GO ASTROS!

I’ll take a guy who is shitfaced and can still throw a no hitter any day. When it’s all said and done he’ll be our number 4 starter. As my dad would say, not too shabby.

I wouldn’t get too happy yet chrismcl. Pedro has a 90% torn labrum. And the Sox would have had a hell of a time winning the Series without Schilling. They had a better chance of winning without Pedro. Has Pedro even passed his physical yet. Chances are he won’t.

Hey, assholes, I’m a Mets fan. Let me dream, dammit! Let me dream!!!

Whats all this talk about mets winning a world series. Even with injured Pedro everyone knows the mets aren’t any good…

This is exactly why MLB needs a salary cap. It shouldn’t be that half the teams in the league know before Spring Training that they have no chance of making it to the World Series.

The signing of Pedro by the Mets was not done to become a “contender” next year. It was done to put more fans in the seats…period! The fact that he is Dominican is an added bonus since there is a HUGE Dominican population in NYC. To think that Omar Minaya was thinking of adding Pedro help the Mets make the playoffs is ridiculous. It was purely a business decision…and a pretty good one if you ask me! (I’m probably going to buy some tix when he’s pitching!)

[quote]TheZ-Man wrote:
The signing of Pedro by the Mets was not done to become a “contender” next year. It was done to put more fans in the seats…period! The fact that he is Dominican is an added bonus since there is a HUGE Dominican population in NYC. To think that Omar Minaya was thinking of adding Pedro help the Mets make the playoffs is ridiculous. It was purely a business decision…and a pretty good one if you ask me! (I’m probably going to buy some tix when he’s pitching!)[/quote]

You should buy tickets as long as he is healthy. I saw him pitch against Oakland. We were sitting in the second deck behind homeplate and I could easily see everyone of his sliders break from the inside to the outside of the plate. Even though he got shelled and Tim Hudson was the one that threw the 2 hitter it was still awesome to see Pedro pitch.

I think I can make some real money this year. I’ll bet anything the Mets don’t take the World Series with their cavalcade of broken-down, weather-beaten has beens and underdeveloped talent.

Between the battery of Pedro and Piazza, you couldn’t Frankenstein together one healthy athelete.

The Mets are a joke, and unless they change ownership, that will never change.

Phillies!!!

Okay okay, yes, the Mets know they’re most likely not going to make the playoffs next year. But beating up on the Mets is like making fun of the fat kid at recess telling him hes gonna be the first one out in dodgeball. He knows, you don’t have to rub it in.

Everyone knows the Royals are going all the way next year. Good thing we got rid of Beltran huh?