Pedophile Dfns: Religious Freedom

SICK, SICK, SICK…

Tutor says sex assaults are sacred ritual

‘I am a pedophile,’ says man acting as own lawyer

from CNN.com

CLEVELAND, Ohio-- A man accused of sexually assaulting nine boys with physical or mental disabilities told a judge that having sex with children is a sacred ritual protected by civil rights laws.

Phillip Distasio, who said he is the leader of a church called Arcadian Fields Ministries, represented himself at his pretrial hearing Wednesday. He is charged with 74 counts including rape, pandering obscenity to minors and corrupting another with drugs.

“I’m a pedophile. I’ve been a pedophile for 20 years,” he said in Cuyahoga County Common Pleas Court Wednesday. “The only reason I’m charged with rape is that no one believes a child can consent to sex. The role of my ministry is to get these cases out of the courtrooms.”

Distasio said some of his congregants are among the victims in this case. Distaciois accused of molesting two disabled boys he tutored at his home and raping seven autistic boys at a Cleveland school for special-needs students where he was a teacher’s aide. All but one of the victims were under 13.

A conviction on rape counts involving any of the eight younger boys would mean an automatic sentence of life in prison without parole eligibility, prosecutors said.

Distasio tried unsuccessfully in June to fire his court-appointed lawyer because he wouldn’t pursue a religious freedom defense. Distasio could represent himself if the attorney remained as an adviser, Judge Kathleen Sutula said.

“He who is his own lawyer has a fool for a client.”

In this case, this will undoubtedly work in society’s interest.

Makkun

He’s right.

If a land grants absolute religous freedom, he should be allowed to pursue these rights.

The only other options are to either :

limit religions to a pre-defined state religion. This model has shown to work smooth and uncomplicated, except that certain folks have to be stoned occasionally and sometimes you got to start a holy war.

or

ban all these beliefs. Advantage here: no child abuse/general stoning of gays etc. anymore.

God damn, pedophiles piss me off.

send him to jail, let the inmates take care of him the way he took care of those kids

[quote]Schwarzfahrer wrote:
He’s right.

If a land grants absolute religous freedom, he should be allowed to pursue these rights.

limit religions to a pre-defined state religion. This model has shown to work smooth and uncomplicated, except that certain folks have to be stoned occasionally and sometimes you got to start a holy war.

or

ban all these beliefs. Advantage here: no child abuse/general stoning of gays etc. anymore.

[/quote]

You’re not making sense with that one.

It would seem to me that someone’s “religious” rights ent at the point they are breaking the law.

Oh…and that guy is one sick sob.

Of course NAMBLA sees it differently. But then they?re pretty sick too.

Maybe the father’s of those children could start a religion of their own. One if it’s sacred rites could be assaulting pedophiles.

Wouldn’t want to infringe on their rights now would we.

Sick motherfucker. Hope he gets sent to a big boy prison.

He’s right.

or

[/quote]

Good thing we don’t have absolute freedom of religion because those aren’t the only two options: One’s liberties extend only so far as they don’t encroach on another’s liberties/rights. So, as in this case, when a man’s right to freedom of religion encroaches on a child’s right to…oh, I don’t know, not be fucking raped, that douche bag can kiss his freedom of religion good-bye!

Not so fast, dearest ZEB.

It’s often unclear how the fulfillment of precious holy texts interfere with the law.

Having lived next to a church, I can only say it royally sucked to know that you couldn’t do anything against that infernal cacophony from the chuch bells. They’re allowed to do so cause they were peacefully persuing their christian religion. Now because of this precedent fucking muezzins can shout their crazy gibberish in some german cities.
This In turn, allows muslim culture to thrive and automatically means that their primitive ideas begin to take root in western soil.
While often not directly against the law, how do you think they raise their daughters which I encounter when doing my cardio in the park, cloaked in a burkha.
Of course, they do it all willingly, they don’t force them, no.
The truth is, sadly, most of them probably aren’t forced, because their whole culture has a different view about democracy, the constitution and equality.
Thus, they have an impact on our laws, even if they don’t break them.
Who knows who will culturally assimilate whom in hundred years?

Letting one religion celebrate their lunacies means you have to allow all religions to practice theirs.
And while often not displaying their insane and undemocratic views openly, you can be sure they’re working on it, actively or passively (by indoctrinating the next generation).

Religion and other Bronze age Ideologies should be left to archeologists.

No Jesus/Mohammed/Gandalf for 21 Century please.

Somehow I knew Christians were going to get blamed for this.

[quote]nephorm wrote:
Somehow I knew Christians were going to get blamed for this.[/quote]

Being the inventers of the hilarious “original sin”, they’re used to getting blamed preemptively and collectively.

There are some restrictions on religious practices in the US. Groups that believe in human sacrifice are not allowed to practice these rituals.

There was an interesting court case about religious rights and prisoners. A group of prisoners said it was part of their religion to drink beer and watch football on Sundays (they wanted to continue these practices in jail). The case went all the way to the supreme court but they lost. I’m not sure what the name of the case was, I’ll try to find it.

This leads to the larger question of what makes a religion valid. If a religion is judged by its age, than Judaism would be more of a religion than Mormonism. If a religion is judged by the number of followers, than Christianity would be more of a relgion than Judaism. Clearly there is no easy way to define what makes a religion valid.

Letting one religion celebrate their lunacies means you have to allow all religions to practice theirs.
And while often not displaying their insane and undemocratic views openly, you can be sure they’re working on it, actively or passively (by indoctrinating the next generation).
[/quote]

In the US, the freedom to act, unlike the freedom to believe, is not absolute. An individual’s religious beliefs do not excuse him from compliance with an otherwise valid law prohibiting conduct that the State is free to regulate.

Not so fast, dearest ZEB.

It’s often unclear how the fulfillment of precious holy texts interfere with the law.

Having lived next to a church, I can only say it royally sucked to know that you couldn’t do anything against that infernal cacophony from the chuch bells. They’re allowed to do so cause they were peacefully persuing their christian religion. Now because of this precedent fucking muezzins can shout their crazy gibberish in some german cities.
This In turn, allows muslim culture to thrive and automatically means that their primitive ideas begin to take root in western soil.
While often not directly against the law, how do you think they raise their daughters which I encounter when doing my cardio in the park, cloaked in a burkha.
Of course, they do it all willingly, they don’t force them, no.
The truth is, sadly, most of them probably aren’t forced, because their whole culture has a different view about democracy, the constitution and equality.
Thus, they have an impact on our laws, even if they don’t break them.
Who knows who will culturally assimilate whom in hundred years?

Religion and other Bronze age Ideologies should be left to archeologists.

No Jesus/Mohammed/Gandalf for 21 Century please.

[/quote]

Your loony argument has zero merit.

There are no religions in the US that I am aware of that are allowed to break the law.

Look we all know you hate Christians, but you are off base on this one.

That you would even appear to defend pedophiles to get a dig in against Christianity is sort of sad.

[quote]ZEB wrote:
That you would even appear to defend pedophiles to get a dig in against Christianity is sort of sad.
[/quote]

I was thinking the exact same thing.

He equates religion with pedophilia, and the ringing of church bells with ass raping handicapped little boys.

He’s pretty much marginalized himself in this debat.

Guys, you’re missing the point I made.

It’s crystal clear that you can’t sacrifice/mutilate/rape a person in the western world because of your religious convictions. That’s a good thing, isn’t it?!

But as long as religious crackpots can spread their sick “gospel”, we’re gonna have loons and fanatics all around. Like the guy who stated molesting children would be some kind of a important ritual for him.

Dear ZEB, I did not assume child molesters and christians are somewhat equal. But as long as we assume it’s OK to talk to “Jesus” as your personal saviour, this is an invitation for crazy behaviour.
Some of you may say now: Schwarzfahrer, as long as they don’t do anything against the law, it’s all OK to me, right? Isn’t that the gist of libertarianism? We told you that. Read the posts.

I know, I know, but have you read my posts? There’s nothing wrong with craziness if you keep it to yourself but most mesopotamian monotheistic ideas like Christianity or Islam are so aggressively promoting their ideas of hatred and ignorance, it’s not just a local nuisance.

In elementary school, I’ve been told the bizarre story of Abram and his son (think he was called Issac). Most of you will probably know the story, but for the uninitiated, I will try to present the short version.
[i]

Now the Gawd tells Abram to go to some mountain whose name I forgot and make a sacrifice. His (only) son is to be taken with him because god wants him to be the the actual sacrifice. So Abram, obedient and coldhearted like Saddam’s best torturer ties his own son up. He raises his knife and just before he is about to stab- an angel appears and tells him, “It’s OK- Gawd only wanted to test you.”
Instead, the angel tells him about a nearby ram that has broken it’s leg or something and would also make an excellent sacrifice. So A. cheers, frees his son, they kill the ram and return home, happy that their Boss had other plans.
[/i]

Even when I was small, I was somewhar puzzled. At that pont I guess, you can either swallow that fact that this crazy story doesn’t contradict the fact about a caring, loving god and omnipotent god- or you can doubt it and start to think for yourself.

If you start to believe the story, you methodically start to compromise your own free thinking.

And similar to A., who would after that point believe or do just anything (that bastich would have killed his own son!), most of us guys would believe practically anything.

ZEB, I don’t hate christianity. But their ideology is dangerous and I will try my best to make this clear.

Without religious loons, there probably wouldn’t have been this child molesting sect.

It’s crystal clear that you can’t sacrifice/mutilate/rape a person in the western world because of your religious convictions. That’s a good thing, isn’t it?!

But as long as religious crackpots can spread their sick “gospel”, we’re gonna have loons and fanatics all around. Like the guy who stated molesting children would be some kind of a important ritual for him.

Dear ZEB, I did not assume child molesters and christians are somewhat equal. But as long as we assume it’s OK to talk to “Jesus” as your personal saviour, this is an invitation for crazy behaviour.
Some of you may say now: Schwarzfahrer, as long as they don’t do anything against the law, it’s all OK to me, right? Isn’t that the gist of libertarianism? We told you that. Read the posts.

I know, I know, but have you read my posts? There’s nothing wrong with craziness if you keep it to yourself but most mesopotamian monotheistic ideas like Christianity or Islam are so aggressively promoting their ideas of hatred and ignorance, it’s not just a local nuisance.

In elementary school, I’ve been told the bizarre story of Abram and his son (think he was called Issac). Most of you will probably know the story, but for the uninitiated, I will try to present the short version.
[i]

Now the Gawd tells Abram to go to some mountain whose name I forgot and make a sacrifice. His (only) son is to be taken with him because god wants him to be the the actual sacrifice. So Abram, obedient and coldhearted like Saddam’s best torturer ties his own son up. He raises his knife and just before he is about to stab- an angel appears and tells him, “It’s OK- Gawd only wanted to test you.”
Instead, the angel tells him about a nearby ram that has broken it’s leg or something and would also make an excellent sacrifice. So A. cheers, frees his son, they kill the ram and return home, happy that their Boss had other plans.
[/i]

Even when I was small, I was somewhar puzzled. At that pont I guess, you can either swallow that fact that this crazy story doesn’t contradict the fact about a caring, loving god and omnipotent god- or you can doubt it and start to think for yourself.

If you start to believe the story, you methodically start to compromise your own free thinking.

And similar to A., who would after that point believe or do just anything (that bastich would have killed his own son!), most of us guys would believe practically anything.

ZEB, I don’t hate christianity. But their ideology is dangerous and I will try my best to make this clear.

Without religious loons, there probably wouldn’t have been this child molesting sect.
[/quote]

ANd who is the arbitor of “crazy behavior”? You?

You have the right to hate religion all you want - and I join you there on many points.

But your outright blind hatred of ALL things religion is a sign of zealotry of a different sort.

What makes your zealotry acceptable to you, while pretty much reaming those of faith?

Are you that scared of us?

[quote]nephorm wrote:
Somehow I knew Christians were going to get blamed for this.[/quote]

He falls under The Universal Life Church. Checkout the following link and I think you will agree that they are far from Christianity. You can also become an ordained minister with no questions ask and no fees.

[/quote]

You are probably right, but there still would be child molesting.

[i]

[/i]

[/quote]

Sorry bub…you have still not made your case. And in trying to make that silly case you have not helped yourself.

Because one nut thinks that a little boys butt is a playground does not mean that millions of Christians around the world should be silenced.

AND…

I think with every post you dig yourself a deeper hole that you will not be climbing out of anytime soon.

The behavior that you describe as nutty can be attributed to almost anyone on any subject.

Let me get back to basics with you:

Any nut can say and do just about anything. That that particular nut attributes his “nuttieness” to a “religion” does not in fact mean that Christianity is bad.

That nut could have attributed his criminal behavior to eating lots of Twinkies. And as a matter of fact there was a killer not long ago who in DID attribute his criminal behavior to eating Twinkies.

In fact, I think it was called “the Twinkie defense.”

Now tell me does that mean that everyone who eats Twinkies is a killer? Does it mean that anyone who eats cakes or pastries is going to commit a crime?

Okay…it’s not eating clean, but it’s no crime.

Really…attempting to take a cheap shot at Christianity on this thread is low. Be careful or you will not be taken anymore seriously than another of your fellow atheists who feels obliged to throw out negative comments about Christianity on threads that have nothing to do with religion.

I think you’re smarter than this current stance that you are trying to defend.

Why don’t you just post that you had a “brain fart” and be done with it?