Pectus Excavatum

Hi,
I am 17 and i would like a good program to diminish a bit my pectus excavatum(PE) (if you don’t know what it is a look at google and you’ll find it). I have a light symetric PE and floating rib at the top of abs. IF not a program, some good exercice would be good.

Thanks(i can put some pics if needed)

I had it. I got nussed. Nothing else will really help. Good luck.

I have a mild case. Just make that chest bigger, that’s what’s helped me.

nothing short of surgery is going to do anything. unfortunately, mild cases are not usually covered by health insurance.

a friend of mine had the surgery.

It was one correction surgery then rehab…about 6 months later it was another surgery to take the bar out of his chest and another rehab.

He went through hell pretty much but is happy with it now.

thats all i can offer reguarding this man…sorry i couldn’t be of better help

Gerdy

By the way man if you ever want to know anything about Nuss procedure let me know.

PE was a nightmare for me. I peaked in my weightlifting/wrestling career at about 165 probably 12-15% BF junior year of highschool. Fast forward two years and my PE got severe enough to the point where I believe it suppressed my esophagus and thus my appetite. A few T members may remember i started posting around 130-135 pounds with severe PE. I was experiencing lethargy, and constant feelings of fullness.

In December I had the surgery, a decision I consider to be one of the best of my life. It was a week of pain in the hospital, but nothing compared to the mental anguish of hiding the hole in my chest.

It now looks 100% normal, my endurance is through the roof. Further, I’m up to about 180lbs 14-15% BF (lots of muscle memory to be fair).

I don’t know how asymmetrical your condition is, but mine was severe but had perfect symmetry-- making me, according to the surgeon, a “perfect” candidate.

By the way, surgery is the best option. I tried ridiculous things such as things like giant suction cups (haha… not funny) called the vacuum bell, pull overs, etc. Building the pecs only make the hole appear deeper.

Hi Hexx,

Did you really use the Vacuum Bell? For how long did u use it? It didnt have any effect at all?

thx

I would really like to have more information about the surgery , like how much it cost or how long do you keep the bar? and time before you can restart sport.

Vacuum bell was tried for about a half of a year. It probably improved my PE condition but I don’t know if it could’ve completely cured it. If you like wearing that sort of thing every day for hours on end only to see 1mm or less improvement a month then be my guest.

The procedure itself is very expensive so It would probably be out of the question if insurance didn’t cover it. The bar last in you for about 2-3 years but you are unable to feel it after the first month so it doesn’t matter much.

After about 2 months post surgery you can resume all normal activities.

[quote]hexx wrote:
Vacuum bell was tried for about a half of a year. It probably improved my PE condition but I don’t know if it could’ve completely cured it. If you like wearing that sort of thing every day for hours on end only to see 1mm or less improvement a month then be my guest.

[/quote]

I have a mild case of PE and was leaning towards a nonsurgical solution. I don’t have the money and didn’t want to loose progress wth the weights or wrestling, hence the 2 month recovery.
How can I get a vacuum bell. do i need a doctor exam or can i order it myself somewhere.

Any help on this topic is greatly appreciated!!