Pectoral Strain

I dont even know how I have done this. I think a few wks agi when I did clap pullups I must have done it. anyway Ive eased off the bench foor a few wks and been ok with other training ie pullups pressups shoulder press legs running etc BUT when doin bench I usualy go for reps of 8-10 witha 100kg but I knew today that if I did that It wouldnt hold up and Id risk tearing the left pec,

Its localised just 1 bit that hurts, as I said I took it wasy a few days no benching then other day only went very light, I trreated that as the rehab BUT today I did 10 reps on 90kg for 4 sets and whilst it did not hurt at all it felt like it wasnt fully right and I just wondering why its nt healed yet?? Its a bit “different” now after my todays session but I hope its ok.What do I do??anyone know the rehab protocol for a minor pec strain??

[quote]gifted gonads wrote:
I dont even know how I have done this. I think a few wks agi when I did clap pullups I must have done it. anyway Ive eased off the bench foor a few wks and been ok with other training ie pullups pressups shoulder press legs running etc BUT when doin bench I usualy go for reps of 8-10 witha 100kg but I knew today that if I did that It wouldnt hold up and Id risk tearing the left pec,

Its localised just 1 bit that hurts, as I said I took it wasy a few days no benching then other day only went very light, I trreated that as the rehab BUT today I did 10 reps on 90kg for 4 sets and whilst it did not hurt at all it felt like it wasnt fully right and I just wondering why its nt healed yet?? Its a bit “different” now after my todays session but I hope its ok.What do I do??anyone know the rehab protocol for a minor pec strain??[/quote]

I find it interesting that you give the appearance of being knowledgeable in other types of injuries (based on some of your posts), yet you are completely in the dark here.

If you are a genuine expert in the field of strength/conditioning/rehab/prehab and you merely want another opinion, that’s fine. If this is indeed the case, I think you know what the next logical course of action here is.

With any injury perspective is essential and one will invariably struggle with self diagnosis as it’s very easy to do the wrong things eventhough you know what the right course of action is.I hope that’s clarified matters.