Pec Minor Tear/Strain

Hi All,

About a year ago I was working out 3-5 days a week with workouts consisting heavy pressing movements, pullups, legs, and sprints. My chest was super tight from all these workouts and one evening I was stretching my arms behind my back and heard a slight tear where my chest meets my shoulder.

I didn’t have any bruising within the chest, bicep or shoulder area but something didn’t feel right and I tried working out for about two weeks but became weaker and weaker the more I did. Because of this I decided to take time off until it felt right which around 8 weeks.

After 8 weeks I came back to working out slowly with light weights and after about 2 months I feel back into the same issues and was unable to workout. I rested once again for another 2 months, and tried to come back with a slower approach and was fine for a while but once again fell into the same cycle.

Since I last worked out I have developed many other problems shoulder as rotator cuff tendonitis, winged scapula and my neck muscles specifically the scalene muscles have tightened extremely and are causing alot of neck pain making it hard to sleep. Its been about 3 months since I last worked out and am still experiencing issues.

I know it sounds like there is alot going on, but if anyone has had a similar experience I would appreciate hearing your road to recovery. Thanks for reading.