Pec Major Repair, Odd Pains

Hi All,

I’m 11 days post surgery to reattach my pec to my shoulder, and am having some odd pains that I’m wondering if any others with this injury have experienced. I completely ruptured both the sternal and clavicular head of my left pec, and they did the surgery where a vertical incision is made above my anterior deltoid, the deltoid and other muscles are pulled out of the way, and the pec tendon is sutured to holes drilled in the humerus.

I have yet to have any pain with the actual pec, beyond simple soreness similar to the feeling from a good bench session. The pain I am having is directly in my armpit, closer to my arm, and feels like battery acid is being injected in a spot. Has anyone with this surgery felt this?

I also have having major popping in my shoulder joint, and I’m hoping this is just related to fascia adhesions. I have torn my labrum in the past and opted to do rehab instead of surgery. My surgeon told me I would feel issue from fascia adhesions, but I’m slightly worried I retore my labrum.

For the record, here is the MRI report summary:

Osseous-Acromial Outlet: Type I acromion. Mild AC joint osteoarthritis with mild under surface osteophyte formation without significant downslope.

Rotator Cuff: Normal. No rotator cuff tear.

Glenoid Labrum: There is somewhat heterogenous T2 signal throughout the superior labral fibrocartilage on 6:7-9. May represent degeneration or a tear. The absence of significant joint fluid limits evaluation (could this be from my previous labrum tear 24 months ago?)

Biceps Tendon and Anchor: Small amount of fluid around the long head of the biceps tendon. This may be secondary to pectroialis injury described below. The tendon itself if normal.

Pectorialis Muscle: Pectorialis tendon tear. The tendon of both the clavicular and sternal heads has torn off the humerus, and retracted proximally to the level of the axillary vessels such as 8:25. There is resultant edema in this region. This tracks back to the humerus.