Pec Building

i am trying to build my pecs up for a trip to hawaii soon. and i have been workin out for about 2 months and i have noticed muscle in my pecs but it isnt as much as i want. ive been working my pecs out 3 days a week, and my question to yall is if that is too little or too many days per a week?

NOOB ALERT!!

Guys, please be gentle.

Here’s a tip, what kind of “pec” size are you looking for?

Reality check: you are not getting an Ahnuld chest in 2 months. Sorry.

better yet, post a pic and your routine so we can see what we have to work with.

You’ve been working out for two months and don’t have a great chest yet? Better give up.

Seriously, this game takes time. Consistency. And don’t just train your chest. Train your whole body. Read all you can on training and diet. And be patient.

Obviously, there are no overnight cures.

For me, I’ve found working out 3X a week is fine as long as you keep the intensity in check…push yourself, but don’t train to failure.

Work in flat, incline and decline presses, and switch up between barbell and dumbbells.

And make sure you’re eating enough to grow. Peruse the sight for nutritional info.

I don’t know if it will work or if it’s feasible for you but somewher in the old Questions of Strength by Poliquin, he gives a protocol for a 24 hour Chest Cure.

I will say that a friend of mine did the arm cure and it didn’t work, in fact I think his arms shrunk (really).

If you want your chest to look bigger in a short period of time-try creatine if you haven’t already. Some people blow up from using this supplement.

My chest gets significantly bigger whenver I use creatine.

You might find Chad Waterbury’s article “Build a huge chest in 6 weeks” article useful. Just remeber that if you want a big (injury free) chest you need a big back too - i.e. work both sides equally - using rows etc.

My personal favourite exercise for building the chest = squats (and I’m not joking)

Are you working upper back as much as chest? How are your abs?

If your abdomen enters a doorway before your pecs do, then no matter how large they are, they’ll still look wrong.

And don’t discount your mom’s posture advice “stand up straight, shoulders back, chest out.” If your shoulders are rounded forward and you are hunched over, you won’t look so hot.

We all hope you are working on the total package as much as you are doing chest.

6’3" 161 LBS
my workout:

i warm up with dumb bell presses (incline,flat,decline) then i move to barbell presses (incline,flat,decline) im doin 3 sets of 10 on each barbell workouts. i was just wondering if this is too much of a workout for my CHEST.

my abs are not an issue, i already have a killer six that ive been working on for awhile. it seems my arms, abs, legs, and shoulder are filling out faster then my chest is, so i thought i wasnt giving my chest enough time to repair itself.

and yea i do eat ALOT. no specific diet. i just keep fast food, junk food and soda out the diet.

At 6’3 and 160 you will not develop a big chest. Ain’t gonna happen. If you pack on a quick 20 you got a shot if 15 of that goes into your chest and back.

I don’t care what kind of routine you work with, you just don’t have enough ‘mass’ to work with to bring out your chest.

You might have to give up the killer abs for a while, but you have to set your priorities and then work towards them.

Sorry–I just read your workout more closely.

Your doing 90 reps for chest per workout 3 times a week! Plus ‘warmups’.

That’s a problem. Read some articles and back way off on your volume and up your intensity and see what happens.

[quote]sasquatch wrote:
Sorry–I just read your workout more closely.

Your doing 90 reps for chest per workout 3 times a week! Plus ‘warmups’.

That’s a problem. Read some articles and back way off on your volume and up your intensity and see what happens.[/quote]

thanks i found my answer. i thought i might of been doing too much of a workout on my chest but i wasnt sure. i had nobody to tell me anything i just read about some workouts online and i tried them out. i guess i will cut back on the number of days i work my chest but build up the intensity of my workout.

Ok, you are 6’3" and 160lbs? I would forget about pecs and just try to gain size all over, you are waaaayy skinny dude.

You are overtrainning. Reduce chest trainning to 2 days. Now this might contradict what i said about you overtrainning, but after a chest workout drop down on the mat and perform 40-60 pushups, the pump you will get is going to be amazing.

[quote]neptune wrote:
i am trying to build my pecs up for a trip to hawaii soon. and i have been workin out for about 2 months and i have noticed muscle in my pecs but it isnt as much as i want. ive been working my pecs out 3 days a week, and my question to yall is if that is too little or too many days per a week? [/quote]

Y do people post stupid shit like this.

Maybe your not growing because of your diet

read these

Massive Eating Part I
http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=460331

Massive Eating Part II
http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=460327

Massive Eating Reloaded Part I
http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=459429

Massive Eating Reloaded Part II
http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=459431

I think several good points have been made…

I will add though since you have been WAY over doing the volume for your chest now its time for the fun stuff… heavy weights!

I would look at west side for skinny bastards, it will have you pushing more weight in a short period of time. Also if you really are eating enough you will put on some good mass

[quote]neptune wrote:

my abs are not an issue, i already have a killer six that ive been working on for awhile. [/quote]

It’s obvious what is important to you. You asked a question about your chest, then you post a pic at an angle that highlights your “killer six”.

6’3", 161 with a “killer six” impresses no one.

6’3" AND ONLY 163 ??? u gotta EAT EAT EAT, im 6’3" 205, eat smart and plenty

i have been eating. ive been gaining weight actually. when i started working out 2 months ago i weighed 147 pounds >.< so 163 is alot of weight gained for me.