Peanut Butter + Eggs. Try it!

[quote]Schwarzenegger wrote:
I think later today I will make the version that adds the PB after cooking the eggs. I may leave the yolks slightly runny to experiment.[/quote]

I was thinking a dab of PB on top of a fried egg w/ a little splenda and cinnamon might be good.

Another good combo I do when Im having a carb up, is take plain low fat yogurt, add a flavor of muscle milk, mix it in, place in fridge, let harden a bit, kinda like ice cream/ cake batter consistency and great taste.

So I just tried making some fried eggs (yolks semi-runny), topping with cinnamon, splenda, and PB after cooking. It was definitely not a culinary experience worth repeating. All the flavors were present, but they just didn’t combine to create magic like scrambling everything together does.

It was like egg with PB on top, and not an egg-PB bonanza. Plus the texture just didn’t go well. I like runny eggs, but with the PB it seemed to lack a desirable consistency. The scrambling method, especially if scrambled hard, creates a French toast texture.

Well I guess I’ll avoid that then, thanks for the heads up, I was gonna try that it out over the next couple days.

Damn i need to buy some pb so i can try this, I love french toast but haven’t bought bread in a long time.

threw some ground flax meal in the PB and eggs I’m eating right now. Good addition.

Well, I tried this for breakfast this morning and it’s fucking awesome. Girlfriend thought I was crazy then almost ate it all when I gave her a taste. :slight_smile:

I’m thinking of trying to make a pancake type mix out of this:

3tsp PB
4 Eggs
1-2tsp cinnamon
Some Milk
Splenda

I’ll give that a shot for breakfast tomorrow.

Edit: I also have some organic PB with only 3.7g of sugar per 100g - pretty damn good I though.

[quote] wrote:
[/quote]

Ok so you’re saying to beat the pb and cinnamon in w/ the eggs then cook that mixture?

Correct.

Here’s what i just made:

In a bowl fork whisked together

4 eggs
3/4 cup unsweetened canned pumpkin
2-3oz unsweetened almond milk
1/4 cup chunky applesauce
2 tbsp sunflower seed butter
few drops vanilla extract
some jamaican allspice, nutmeg, cinnamon

spray/coat pan with whatever. pour in batter when hot. should “bubble” and look sortve like a pancake.

serve with 1/4 cup applesauce

so good

would be even sweeter and likely better. gunna add that to mine after my workout today

I’m going to try this, but, how do you melt the pb before whisking it together with the eggs? Do you nuke it or what?

[quote]tico1028 wrote:
I’m going to try this, but, how do you melt the pb before whisking it together with the eggs? Do you nuke it or what?[/quote]

Yep.

Thanks Schwarz. Gonna give it a go tomorrow.

You will have to try sunny side up eggs with lots of cayenne pepper on top. All over a piece of whole wheat toast. Make sure not to cook them too much to keep the yolks runny. By far the best way I have ever had my eggs, and that says a lot because I have tried a lot of things. I will have to try the peanut butter thing though.

[quote]GetSwole wrote:
threw some ground flax meal in the PB and eggs I’m eating right now. Good addition.[/quote]

I found I can load the eggs up with this and not even notice it… def a good call. Another positive of this is that if you can’t finish your eggs (my roomate cant), you take them and throw em in a blender with a bit of milk, and a scoop of protein to make a quick PB, cinnamon, and (vanilla/chocalate) shake thats delicious, allows u to finish your eggs, and gets some extra protein.

these recipes look awesome guys i’ll be giving a few of them a go for sure!

alright I see all this talk bout eggs and PB

Im headed to bed but when I wake up I will try some pb+eggs+cinammon

I am finding it hard to choke down a dozen eggs at a time and if this helps thats great
right now I eat cottage cheese cheddar cheese and eggs

but plain eggs are killling me and I dnt have money for anything but pb and eggs.

just tried making some regular scrambled eggs but mixing in the pb and cinamon before cooking, wasn’t as good as id hoped it’d but but im still needing to try it in a pan without the milk and butter

[quote]Subliminal-Steve wrote:
just tried making some regular scrambled eggs but mixing in the pb and cinamon before cooking, wasn’t as good as id hoped it’d but but im still needing to try it in a pan without the milk and butter[/quote]

ya I did that too.

its “different” the eggs came out a dark brown.
its not bad,but I dont like pb so that may be it.

or you guys are nuts for loving this stuff :wink:
I can stand this sometimes,and i know its been hard to choke down my eggs lately.