Peanut Butter and Sluggishness

Anyone else find peanut butter or peanut-based products make them feel sluggish? Do you have any solutions? I absolutely love the taste of natural peanut butter (I actually grind my own) but when it comes time to work out a few hours later, I always seem to lack motivation, be it mental or physiological. I know it is an omega-3 deficient fat source, but I combat that with a large amount of fresh flax.

PS. The rest of my diet is very low carb (mostly eggs, chicken breast, cottage cheese, flax, whey, fish, occasional red meat and fibrous veggies). I do drink a large amount of black coffee and various teas. Currently standing at 5’8" 148lbs with a last measure BF at “skinny” (post edited).

First off, you need to eat more carbs, protein, fat, everything. Secondly, you are not 3.2% bodyfat or even close to that.

Thirdly, it is most like just due to the high fat content…it has that effect on some people.

ZOMG brah peanut butter is for fattyz. Better stop eeetin it or ur gunna looz ur sick abzzz!!!111!1

Maybe it’s the fact you’re emaciated and calorie deficient that’s causing sluggishness?

I think if you are actually 3.2% BF, that may be one problem.
Why would you need to be that low in BF unless you are a ready for a BB contest or a European super model btw you are way too short to be a supermodel.

3.2% Bullshit! Got any pics of this chiseled frame of yours?

Glad to help you guys get your rocks off by ripping someone you don’t know and have never seen. I was measured before christmas via the anthropometric method (calipers, for you beasts with no vocabulary). I did not do it myself, and can only report the numbers that the tech gave me. I don’t know why you would care, and I don’t particularly care. This post was asking about something entirely different. So, other than eating more… anyone have a suggestion? Thanks in advance.

if you grind your own, make walnut butter instead (only nut w/ omega 3 i believe) or if your hooked on the PB maybe try more fish oil, i know you mentioned flax for omega 3s to balance the ratio w 6 but i remember reading something on here recently about how omega 3s from flax arn’t absorbed fully or are of a different nature than fish oil, i dont remember specifically (think it might have been a Johnny Bowden article).

I’ll play nice, though I doubt you will listen anyways.

TRUE 3.2% bf isn’t physically sustainable for more than maybe 2-3 days max, the human body simply cannot subsist with that little fat for extended periods of time. If you did minimal research on your own, you would have quickly found that out, and wouldn’t have bothered posting something as innacurate and useless as that.

It’s like coming to a bodybuilding website and saying “I can squat 1650 lbs”, then when someone calls BS, you say “Well that’s just the number the plate had on it, I don’t know what a lb actually is”, or “I did it on this machine where you lie down…”

Do your research on the significance of certain numbers before throwing them around.

[quote]ghdtpdna wrote:
Why would you need to be that low in BF unless you are a ready for a BB contest or a European super model btw you are way too short to be a supermodel.[/quote]

Haha, no supermodel. Last year I was at 165 and my exercise was based around lifting heavy. I have started to diversify because I am doing a lot of rock climbing and being light is important. The body fat just came with that territory. I’m still very strong and my endurance is much improved along with agility, flexibility, etc. I guess I just like the way I feel (athletically, not mentally) at this size/cut.

PS. I have no idea how to pose (much less post it) but here’s an attempt.

uberbdon that’s so fucked up, show some class. But my previous statement, emaciated, will suffice. You have no lats. You have no traps. If you didn’t have a belt on those pants would be on the floor.

If you post on a bodybuilding website, prepare to get bodybuilding feedback from us “beasts.” Drop the peanut butter and eat about 5 times as much of everything else, or ask this question in a different arena.

You may have a mild allergy. Or your body may be in starvation mode due to the high workload and lack of carbs.

Add sweet potatoes, oatmeal, and brown rice to your squeaky clean diet and see if your energy improves. The majority of people in the world function optimally with a balanced diet. Meaning anywhere from 25-40% carbs.

Or maybe you have diabetes. Have you gone to the doctor lately for routine blood tests and such?

[quote]emiliotso wrote:

[quote]ghdtpdna wrote:
Why would you need to be that low in BF unless you are a ready for a BB contest or a European super model btw you are way too short to be a supermodel.[/quote]

Haha, no supermodel. Last year I was at 165 and my exercise was based around lifting heavy. I have started to diversify because I am doing a lot of rock climbing and being light is important. The body fat just came with that territory. I’m still very strong and my endurance is much improved along with agility, flexibility, etc. I guess I just like the way I feel (athletically, not mentally) at this size/cut.

[/quote]

Your skinny, that does not equate to 3% BF.

[quote]WestCoast7 wrote:

[quote]emiliotso wrote:

[quote]ghdtpdna wrote:

[/quote]

Your skinny, that does not equate to 3% BF.[/quote]

Ok. I retract my statement about my body fat. I am laughably sorry I ever made it. So do you have any thoughts on the actual issue my post concerned?

I appreciate all the posts that suggest ideas/solutions to my problem. Thanks in advance.

[quote]hungry4more wrote:

TRUE 3.2% bf isn’t physically sustainable for more than maybe 2-3 days max, the human body simply cannot subsist with that little fat for extended periods of time. If you did minimal research on your own, you would have quickly found that out, and wouldn’t have bothered posting something as innacurate and useless as that.

It’s like coming to a bodybuilding website and saying “I can squat 1650 lbs”, then when someone calls BS, you say “Well that’s just the number the plate had on it, I don’t know what a lb actually is”, or “I did it on this machine where you lie down…”

Do your research on the significance of certain numbers before throwing them around. [/quote]

I listen. Maybe you should read? My post said “last measure”. Therefore that number would be possible (though I already know you probably doubt its legitimacy, so don’t worry about commenting on it). Regardless, forget the number I am just looking for some suggestions on how to feel better. Thanks in advance.

Give puberty a shot.

TRUE 3.2% bf isn’t physically sustainable for more than maybe 2-3 days max, the human body simply cannot subsist with that little fat for extended periods of time.und. [/quote]

I would generally agree if myself hadn’t tested a mid 20s african american male with 2ish % BF, as his ever day walking around levels.

It was like no matter where I pinched him it was as if pinching the back of a person’s knuckles.

1 in a million though with genetics. He’s since added a good 25 lbs of weight and body fat has gone up slightly. Jacked would be an under statement.

Honestly, if peanut butter has bad effects on how you feel, just stop eating it. It’s isn’t absolutely necessary…ain’t much more to it than that really.

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:

TRUE 3.2% bf isn’t physically sustainable for more than maybe 2-3 days max, the human body simply cannot subsist with that little fat for extended periods of time.und. [/quote]

I would generally agree if myself hadn’t tested a mid 20s african american male with 2ish % BF, as his ever day walking around levels.

It was like no matter where I pinched him it was as if pinching the back of a person’s knuckles.

1 in a million though with genetics. He’s since added a good 25 lbs of weight and body fat has gone up slightly. Jacked would be an under statement.

[/quote]

Not to be an asshole jf, but I would really love to see pics. Are we talking like competition ready BBer here?

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:

[/quote]

Not to be an asshole jf, but I would really love to see pics. Are we talking like competition ready BBer here?[/quote]

Yeah, i wouldn’t believe me either lol.

Sorry, didn’t take pics. I was training him for the job and was showing him the sites on the body to do. Didn’t really think it would be appropriate to be like “hey can I take a pic of you without a shirt” lol.

His lower body is horribly under developed though compared to the upper even though he trains the lower body.

this was a 6 site test btw.

Why don’t you just eat your PB later, like maybe before bed? I usually mix it with cottage cheese as my pre-bed meal.