Peanut Allergy Need Some Help

Hey all,
What protein bars do you recommend that don’t have any peanut stuff in them?
I’ve tried and loved Biotest bars, but the peanut oil made me lethargic and caused my allergies to go nuts (unintentional pun, but i’m not changing it, haha.) So far I’ve found the EAS Deluxe bars, but I was wondering if you all had any recommendations.
Thanks,
-Alex

[quote]DemiAjax wrote:
Hey all,
What protein bars do you recommend that don’t have any peanut stuff in them?
I’ve tried and loved Biotest bars, but the peanut oil made me lethargic and caused my allergies to go nuts (unintentional pun, but i’m not changing it, haha.) So far I’ve found the EAS Deluxe bars, but I was wondering if you all had any recommendations.
Thanks,
-Alex[/quote]

You could try making your own. I don’t have any recipes in front of me at the moment… you could try several scoops of chocolate Metabolic Drive, some flax meal and almond butter. I’ll have to pull out my copy of Gourmet Nutrition later and I’ll let you know.

Due to the way most food manufacturing facilities work 90% of the bars out there are going to have some level of peanut contamination so how switching brands will help you it depends on your sensitivity (added to that just as many contain some sort of crap your don’t want anyway) so as the previous poster said; you are best off making your own.

Play around a bit until you find a recipe you like then once a month go to town and make loads and freeze them.

I have a peanut allergy too but peanut OIL does not bother me. I had a Dr. tell me the oil does not contain the allergen itself. I’m sure it would be easy for peanut oil to be contaminated with peanut dust though.

shrugs