T Nation

Peanut Allergies

I expirenced this today for the first time, my mouth got very dry after eating peanuts. DOes that mean I aheva mild intolarence. I have been eating them alot lately?

That doesn’t sound like the symptoms of a peanut allergy.

Does this happen every time you eat peanuts, or did you just eat a lot of them and didn’t drink any water?

However, peanut allergies are a very serious thing. I got checked for food allergies about a year ago (I didn’t have any) and the doctor made me leave with an epi-pen because I had mentioned I ate a lot of nuts and peanut butter.

You could always get checked out if you are worried about it.

Hmnnn I ate an entire box of saltines without water once… my mouth got all dry and ickey… I was really worried.

S

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
Hmnnn I ate an entire box of saltines without water once… my mouth got all dry and ickey… I was really worried.

S
[/quote]

I would have gone to the emergency room. You can’t take risks with your life like that…

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:

S
[/quote]

haha i wud be 2

[quote]AngryVader wrote:

Does this happen every time you eat peanuts, or did you just eat a lot of them and didn’t drink any water?

However, peanut allergies are a very serious thing. I got checked for food allergies about a year ago (I didn’t have any) and the doctor made me leave with an epi-pen because I had mentioned I ate a lot of nuts and peanut butter.

[/quote]

how do you get checked? You go to the doctor and say you want to get checked? Also i didnt eat that many, it was just this once that my mouth got very dry so i thought it might if been that. I also drank plenty of water

[quote]crod266 wrote:
AngryVader wrote:

how do you get checked? You go to the doctor and say you want to get checked? Also i didnt eat that many, it was just this once that my mouth got very dry so i thought it might if been that. I also drank plenty of water
[/quote]

I saw an Allergist. Depending on what medical you have, you might just be able to call the allergy center there and make an appointment.

Last Summer, to make a long story short I had some mixed nuts and my head and hands swelled up to twice their normal size. It was not pretty. Previously, I ate mixed nuts all the time. Somehow, I developed a nut allergy.

For the allergy test, they just prick you in the back a bunch of times and put different extracts on each little wound. Based on the skin reaction, they can tell what you are allergic too. Just call and make an appointment.

I know that peanut allergies are probably among the more common ones, and yes, you can suddenly develop allergies to something that you have been ingesting for a long while.

S

I am mildly allergic to peanuts when they come in-shell, for some reason. All other peanuts are fine. I’m not entirely sure what that means.