T Nation

Peanut Allergies

I expirenced this today for the first time, my mouth got very dry after eating peanuts. DOes that mean I aheva mild intolarence. I have been eating them alot lately?

That doesn’t sound like the symptoms of a peanut allergy.

Does this happen every time you eat peanuts, or did you just eat a lot of them and didn’t drink any water?

However, peanut allergies are a very serious thing. I got checked for food allergies about a year ago (I didn’t have any) and the doctor made me leave with an epi-pen because I had mentioned I ate a lot of nuts and peanut butter.

You could always get checked out if you are worried about it.

Hmnnn I ate an entire box of saltines without water once… my mouth got all dry and ickey… I was really worried.

S

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
Hmnnn I ate an entire box of saltines without water once… my mouth got all dry and ickey… I was really worried.

S
[/quote]

I would have gone to the emergency room. You can’t take risks with your life like that…

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
Hmnnn I ate an entire box of saltines without water once… my mouth got all dry and ickey… I was really worried.

S
[/quote]

haha i wud be 2

[quote]AngryVader wrote:
That doesn’t sound like the symptoms of a peanut allergy.

Does this happen every time you eat peanuts, or did you just eat a lot of them and didn’t drink any water?

However, peanut allergies are a very serious thing. I got checked for food allergies about a year ago (I didn’t have any) and the doctor made me leave with an epi-pen because I had mentioned I ate a lot of nuts and peanut butter.

You could always get checked out if you are worried about it.
[/quote]

how do you get checked? You go to the doctor and say you want to get checked? Also i didnt eat that many, it was just this once that my mouth got very dry so i thought it might if been that. I also drank plenty of water

[quote]crod266 wrote:
AngryVader wrote:
That doesn’t sound like the symptoms of a peanut allergy.

Does this happen every time you eat peanuts, or did you just eat a lot of them and didn’t drink any water?

However, peanut allergies are a very serious thing. I got checked for food allergies about a year ago (I didn’t have any) and the doctor made me leave with an epi-pen because I had mentioned I ate a lot of nuts and peanut butter.

You could always get checked out if you are worried about it.

how do you get checked? You go to the doctor and say you want to get checked? Also i didnt eat that many, it was just this once that my mouth got very dry so i thought it might if been that. I also drank plenty of water
[/quote]

I saw an Allergist. Depending on what medical you have, you might just be able to call the allergy center there and make an appointment.

Last Summer, to make a long story short I had some mixed nuts and my head and hands swelled up to twice their normal size. It was not pretty. Previously, I ate mixed nuts all the time. Somehow, I developed a nut allergy.

For the allergy test, they just prick you in the back a bunch of times and put different extracts on each little wound. Based on the skin reaction, they can tell what you are allergic too. Just call and make an appointment.

I know that peanut allergies are probably among the more common ones, and yes, you can suddenly develop allergies to something that you have been ingesting for a long while.

S

I am mildly allergic to peanuts when they come in-shell, for some reason. All other peanuts are fine. I’m not entirely sure what that means.