Peaking with Verkhoshansky's Theory?

The correct nomclature for the skeletal muscle fibre phenotype with the highest rate of cross bridge cycling in human muscle is not in fact IIb, it is actually IIx.

[quote]IainK wrote:
The correct nomclature for the skeletal muscle fibre phenotype with the highest rate of cross bridge cycling in human muscle is not in fact IIb, it is actually IIx.[/quote]

The development of fast twitch muscle fibers alone is a highly controversial topic. Throwing in the “typeX” muscle fibers will make things even more complicated. It’s like preparing for a math test by reading a book about the history of Madagascar. It’s just that unnecessary…

Oh, and another thing, this thread is about either food, or the rebound theory. It’s not about the development of muscle fiber ratio. Please keep the posts on the topic.

[quote]adarqui wrote:
well, the results of the rebound depend on;

• the program
  • the duration of the program (in days/weeks)
  • the athletes preparedness / work capacity

so you cant just say for sure when you will hit the spike in the rebound… it depends on so many factors…

here’s an example though, because most of my training revolves around creating dips/rebounds…

that video is the results of my 2 week squat routine… ive used it with myself and a few others with great success, but ill show you this huge dude doing it, because everyone says the only reason why it worked is because “im weak”… which is wrong.

anyway, he hit sprint PR’s and broad jump PR, and tied his best vert PR (from like 6 months ago when he was doing depth jumps)… his broad jump went up 5.5" in 2 weeks…

i have a writeup of it, so i forget all of the exact numbers… but his vert went down like 4" during these two weeks, broad jump went down from 108 to 102… even hit a few 99’s… sprints were just completely horrible most of the time… you will have ups and downs inside of the concentrated block… mostly down’s, but you will have some ups regardless of how much fatigue you think you have.

when he rebounded it was just nuts… it only took him 2 full days rest after the 2 week squat program to rebound… he maintained this rebound for around 2 weeks…

the program we used is very simple:

"
squatting 8x in 2 weeks…

he had insane dips in power, and then after only 2 days rest after the 8 weeks, insane pr’s.

EDIT: before each session you do “testing stuff”, the exact drills/tests you will perform when testing after… for him this was vert,broad jump,10/40 yard dash… the 40 yard dashes we held back when he was completely trashed… but we still ran them… at like 75% of TRASHED LEVEL, which is probably like 50% of regular level.

week 1:
monday: testing stuff, MAX 5 REP FRONT SQUAT
tuesday: testing stuff, light 5 rep back squat
thursday: testing stuff, light 5 rep front squat
friday: testing stuff, MAX 5 REP BACK SQUAT

week 2:
monday: testing stuff, MAX 5 REP FRONT SQUAT…
"

you just go for a complete max 5 rep on those days… no idea what it will be, because of the fatigue… you dont hold back.

but basically, the concept is you want to create a long duration decrease in performance… not of “glycogen depletion nature”… that wont cut it… has to be pure CNS fatigue, with adequate nutrition.

make sure you foam roll & stretch alot though during a routine like this (or similar ones)… if you dont, your IT band will become concrete.

peace
[/quote]

Oh God… This is inconclusive. All I’m asking for is the exact time frame when you reach the peak state in your strength levels…

So… Is it two days? One week? Three weeks?..

Let’s say I over reached to the point where my performance dropped by 10%, when will my peak rebound be?

dont you get it, there is no exact formula for this, it depends on the overall volume and intensity of the specific training you have been doing, combined with you individual preparedness

[quote]TYPE2B wrote:
adarqui wrote:

• the program

so you cant just say for sure when you will hit the spike in the rebound… it depends on so many factors…

here’s an example though, because most of my training revolves around creating dips/rebounds…

that video is the results of my 2 week squat routine… ive used it with myself and a few others with great success, but ill show you this huge dude doing it, because everyone says the only reason why it worked is because “im weak”… which is wrong.

anyway, he hit sprint PR’s and broad jump PR, and tied his best vert PR (from like 6 months ago when he was doing depth jumps)… his broad jump went up 5.5" in 2 weeks…

i have a writeup of it, so i forget all of the exact numbers… but his vert went down like 4" during these two weeks, broad jump went down from 108 to 102… even hit a few 99’s… sprints were just completely horrible most of the time… you will have ups and downs inside of the concentrated block… mostly down’s, but you will have some ups regardless of how much fatigue you think you have.

when he rebounded it was just nuts… it only took him 2 full days rest after the 2 week squat program to rebound… he maintained this rebound for around 2 weeks…

"
squatting 8x in 2 weeks…

he had insane dips in power, and then after only 2 days rest after the 8 weeks, insane pr’s.

EDIT: before each session you do “testing stuff”, the exact drills/tests you will perform when testing after… for him this was vert,broad jump,10/40 yard dash… the 40 yard dashes we held back when he was completely trashed… but we still ran them… at like 75% of TRASHED LEVEL, which is probably like 50% of regular level.

week 1:

week 2:
"

you just go for a complete max 5 rep on those days… no idea what it will be, because of the fatigue… you dont hold back.

but basically, the concept is you want to create a long duration decrease in performance… not of “glycogen depletion nature”… that wont cut it… has to be pure CNS fatigue, with adequate nutrition.

make sure you foam roll & stretch alot though during a routine like this (or similar ones)… if you dont, your IT band will become concrete.

peace

Oh God… This is inconclusive. All I’m asking for is the exact time frame when you reach the peak state in your strength levels…

Let’s say I over reached to the point where my performance dropped by 10%, when will my peak rebound be?[/quote]

well using the rule of thirds:

"Rule of thirds

It will take you an average of 1/3 the amount of the drop off from the last training session in days to repeat that performance again - And another 1/3 in days to super-compensate and progress above that performance. So, if a 6% drop-off or level of fatigue is induced in a session, it will take you 2 days to repeat that performance (1/3 of 6%=2 days), and another 2 days to rise above that performance (2/3 of 6%=4 days). " – kellyB

so about 7 days to supercompensate using that rule…

if you use the rule of adarq, then no matter what the dropoff, you’ll reach peak rebound by the third or fourth day… this is because the rule of adarq doesnt care about rules… koz rules are gay… and the limit of dropoff to me is 6%, anything beyond that is just the person being lame… my rule is good… it’s based off my dropoff test doing 55 depth jumps from 24".

peace

[quote]adarqui wrote:
TYPE2B wrote:
adarqui wrote:

• the program

"
squatting 8x in 2 weeks…

week 1:

week 2:
"

peace

Let’s say I over reached to the point where my performance dropped by 10%, when will my peak rebound be?

"Rule of thirds

It will take you an average of 1/3 the amount of the drop off from the last training session in days to repeat that performance again - And another 1/3 in days to super-compensate and progress above that performance. So, if a 6% drop-off or level of fatigue is induced in a session, it will take you 2 days to repeat that performance (1/3 of 6%=2 days), and another 2 days to rise above that performance (2/3 of 6%=4 days). " – kellyB

if you use the rule of adarq, then no matter what the dropoff, you’ll reach peak rebound by the third or fourth day… this is because the rule of adarq doesnt care about rules… koz rules are gay… and the limit of dropoff to me is 6%, anything beyond that is just the person being lame… my rule is good… it’s based off my dropoff test doing 55 depth jumps from 24".

peace
[/quote]

I have experienced a major drop-off in performance. 06,19,2009 was a PR busting day. I did 2 doubles and 4 singles with 265 pounds (front squat, ATG, stance is slightly wider than shoulder width, paused.). I train 5 days a week so, the next day, I tried to lift the same load but with 50% the volume. My plan would’ve been to do one double, and two singles… I failed to do even one double (second rep failed)…

That right there is more than a 50% drop off!!!

50/3 = 16.666

16.666(2) = 33.332

Are you fucking kidding me? I have to rest 33-34 days to supercompensate?! NO FUCKING WAY!

I’ll just take a 14 day deload. I don’t care if I don’t recover 100%, 33 days is too much…

[quote]Hanley wrote:
colton wrote:
Hanley wrote:
Has anyone noticed their IT bands locking up when they starting doing hill sprints and stuff actually??

How are they “locking up” as you say? What is your typical volume of hills look like and at what period of training are you in?

Training phase: getting less fat :slight_smile:
Locking up: I can feel them actively pulling when I squat
Hill volume: 15-20 up and downs on a 25 metre hill 2-3x a week

I think it’s mostly cos I haven’t been stretching the area tbh. I’ve been working on everything else and feeling a lot better as a result![/quote]
are you running down them to? and even if you aren’t 15-20 is quite alot when combined with squats and deads on a weekly basis. Regardless, definately start some foam rolling and massage.

[quote]TYPE2B wrote:
adarqui wrote:
TYPE2B wrote:
adarqui wrote:

• the program

"
squatting 8x in 2 weeks…

week 1:

week 2:
"

peace

"Rule of thirds

peace

I have experienced a major drop-off in performance. 06,19,2009 was a PR busting day. I did 2 doubles and 4 singles with 265 pounds (front squat, ATG, stance is slightly wider than shoulder width, paused.). I train 5 days a week so, the next day, I tried to lift the same load but with 50% the volume. My plan would’ve been to do one double, and two singles… I failed to do even one double (second rep failed)…

That right there is more than a 50% drop off!!!

50/3 = 16.666

16.666(2) = 33.332

Are you fucking kidding me? I have to rest 33-34 days to supercompensate?! NO FUCKING WAY!

I’ll just take a 14 day deload. I don’t care if I don’t recover 100%, 33 days is too much…[/quote]

the rule of thirds is flawed because it doesn’t take into account people being pansies.

the rule of adarq says you got gaylame on day 2 when you tried the double with 50%.

you could have still pulled out those reps, but you didn’t dig deep enough to get them.

if you cant hit 50% for a double the next day, after doing 2 doubles and 4 singles… then you should think about taking up high frequency knitting… making sweaters might be more your cup of tea.

peace man keep us posted.

What are you peaking for?

[quote]TYPE2B wrote:
According to him, the greater the incapacities that your body recieves from a certain training stress, THE HIGHER THE REBOUND WILL BE!! [/quote]

This from the guy who reckons Sheiko is retarded.

[quote]VikingsAD28 wrote:
Does anyone have a magic bullet for protein shakes? I hear they are awesome.[/quote]

A magic bullet? I would imagine that any type of bullet work for protein shakes as long as it was waterproof.

Were you going to use it to stir, or just drop it in and let it work its magic? Seems like it would be kind of hard to hold onto it while you stirred. I’d probably go with something a bit longer. A rabbit would probably be a good choice.

[quote]buckeye girl wrote:
VikingsAD28 wrote:
Does anyone have a magic bullet for protein shakes? I hear they are awesome.

A magic bullet? I would imagine that any type of bullet work for protein shakes as long as it was waterproof.

Were you going to use it to stir, or just drop it in and let it work its magic? Seems like it would be kind of hard to hold onto it while you stirred. I’d probably go with something a bit longer. A rabbit would probably be a good choice. [/quote]

A silver .38 cartridge soldered to a shish-kebob prong. Stir your shake AND keep werewolves away. Though the rabbit idea has some merit.

[quote]DaCharmingAlbino wrote:
buckeye girl wrote:
VikingsAD28 wrote:

Were you going to use it to stir, or just drop it in and let it work its magic? Seems like it would be kind of hard to hold onto it while you stirred. I’d probably go with something a bit longer. A rabbit would probably be a good choice.

A silver .38 cartridge soldered to a shish-kebob prong. Stir your shake AND keep werewolves away. Though the rabbit idea has some merit.[/quote]

I like these ideas!

[quote]VikingsAD28 wrote:
DaCharmingAlbino wrote:
buckeye girl wrote:
VikingsAD28 wrote:

A silver .38 cartridge soldered to a shish-kebob prong. Stir your shake AND keep werewolves away. Though the rabbit idea has some merit.

I like these ideas![/quote]

Magic bullets are great for grinding your own flax seeds so you save about 1 million dollars.

TypeIIB is actually making me dislike pyros dimas. very pavlovian. Soon Ill hate souvlaki too i bet.

-chris

[quote]TYPE2B wrote:
For those of you who don’t know, there’s a theory that is espoused by Yuri Verkhoshansky. He’s a living genius so… I’d much rather consider it aa a “fact”. According to him, the greater the incapacities that your body recieves from a certain training stress, THE HIGHER THE REBOUND WILL BE!! (Higher rebound = Higher strength gain!) …Which means that if I purposely (and chronically) over reach myself in training, the worse the effects are, the better my recovery will be!..

The question is, when you’re in this over reached (not necessarily overtrained) state, approximately WHEN WOULD YOU REACH THE PEAK OF THE SUPERCOMPENSATION GRAPH?

Thank you.[/quote]

You know what will give you the best strength gains?

…Training.

Go lift something.

[quote]TYPE2B wrote:
IainK wrote:
The correct nomclature for the skeletal muscle fibre phenotype with the highest rate of cross bridge cycling in human muscle is not in fact IIb, it is actually IIx.

The development of fast twitch muscle fibers alone is a highly controversial topic. Throwing in the “typeX” muscle fibers will make things even more complicated. It’s like preparing for a math test by reading a book about the history of Madagascar. It’s just that unnecessary…

Oh, and another thing, this thread is about either food, or the rebound theory. It’s not about the development of muscle fiber ratio. Please keep the posts on the topic.[/quote]

I’ll post what I feel like posting in this bull thread :slight_smile:

As too the phrase “preparing for a maths question by reading a book… madagascar”… no it’s like preparing for a maths test by reading a book about maths and actually undestanding it and then being able to actually do some maths!

[quote]Hanley wrote:
maraudermeat wrote:
dfreezy wrote:
Sneaky weasel wrote:
I really, really like avocados.

Do you have a good recipe for guacamole?

i’ve never been a big fan of guacamole. i can’t get past the green mushy texture.

+1 WAYYYYYY too pea like for my liking!
[/quote]

So Hanley, are you saying there’s something WRONG with mushy peas? (& fish & chips?)

speaking of protein shakes. in the past i would buy one of the big jugs of protein. after about a week of it, i was so tired of the taste that it was all i could do to choke it down. now i buy the smaller ones that last about a week. i switch up flavors to keep it “new and exciting”. i just finished “banana split” and now i’m on “chocolate caramel”. it’s a little more expensive this way but at least i don’t have to hold my nose to get it down.

Anybody got anything good against a persistent crotch itch?

[quote]Billy Whizz wrote:
Anybody got anything good against a persistent crotch itch?[/quote]

Sprinkle gold bond on your junk