Peace is patriotic, too

Yup

The only place peace is patriotic is Switzerland. Incidentally, cowardice is also their national treasure.

Uh, you meant Sweden, right? Switzerland is a neutral country; they are not pacifists. In fact, in many respects the Swiss poilcy of mandatory military service make them more militarized than the US.

Let’s inject a few blind, unopinionated facts:

1.) Weapons inspectors have found nothing in Iraq to prove that Hussein has been building anything against UN sanctions.

2.) Bin Laden hates Hussein for being a secular leader and wanted Al-Qaeda to support an Islamic uprising against his regime.

3.) Every atrocity Hussein committed, he did under America’s watch.

4.) An “Axis of Evil” has to, by definition, work together to be an “Axis”. That’s what an Axis is. North Korea doesn’t care about Iraq doesn’t care abour Iran doesn’t care about North Korea.

5.) 150,000 people surrounded the White House to protest the impending invasion of Iraq. No corporate media reported on it. Why?

6.) There are world-wide protests against the invasion of Iraq every month. Literally several million people every month protest world-wide. The US media has refused to report on this.

7.) The FBI and CIA now plan to “interview” 500,000 or so college and university students to try and prevent new terrorist cells from forming. Big Brother is keeping tabs on the future educated individuals of your nation.

The more educated you are, the more you think about issues rather than reacting to them. It makes you harder to be controlled. Why is the government keeping tabs on the future educated population?

8.) None of your allies support you. Even Britain has pulled out. Is the whole of Western Civilization being unreasonable or is the US government?

To give a few points.

Sorry, reflex

Thank you, Encyclopedia Brown. Hey, since you’re so smart, if I went over to Switzerland to meet you, would you be allowed to defend yourself whenever I kick your ass?

When the bomb was dropped on Hiroshima, the Japanese had already surrendered, they just hadn’t surrendered unconditionally. If we hadn’t dropped the bomb the only differance would be that those civilians would have lived. You would not be speaking Japanese.

So is the war with Iraq mostly about oil? Yes. But don’t think for a minute that Bin Laden would reject money or support from Iraq even if he doesn’t like the secular ruler. I’m not sure why everyone is getting so worked up about this “war” anyway. The last time we confronted them with ground troops they couldn’t start waving the white flag fast enough. Our military is much improved since then and the Iraqu military is probably as demoralized as ever. If there is a war it will probably last about 3 weeks, which is about how long it will take for us to collect all the ak-47’s that they will throw on the ground before putting their hands up. In regard to anti-American sentiment, it exists in every country no matter what we do. If you want some liberal media coverage, go to the WasgingtonPost.com. Speaking of which there have been articles about Charlie Francis in the sports page the last two days and
Testosterone got mentioned yesterday.

I would appreciate it if someone could enlighten me as to how our freedom is being taken away since 9-11. I would also like to know where the fuck all of you non-Americans get off putting your two cents in. How many of your friends and family members died when those camel fuckers flew into the WTC? Who are YOU to tell us how WE should respond? You have no business in this conversation. You’re like children that wandered into the living room when your parents were discussing your sibling’s punishment, then started interjecting into the fucking conversation.

Oh boo hoo. Now that America suffered the receiving end of terrorism, it’s not tolerable.

The USA murdered more civilians in the Afghan “war” than Al-Qaeda killed on 9/11.

There were thousands of politically neutral tribal peoples living in those mountains your air force bombed. They would have fully cooperated with a search for a small price. They’re easily bought. The British found that out in the last Afghan war.

Instead, carpet-bombing every heat signature in the mountains seemed like a noble cause. After all, American lives are more important than everyone else.

I’d be interested in finding out how much Al-Qaeda’s membership has grown because of America’s actions since 9/11.

Check this out. Note the date of the story first.

This isn’t Bush’s private little war. This isn’t the first time that the UN has been asked to consider military action against Saddam. It’s also got nothing to do with al Queda. So far the weapons inspectors have found some chemical weapons warheads that weren’t on the list. They’ve not found tons of chemical and biological agents Iraq was known to possess, nor has Iraq provided any proof these things were destroyed as they are required to do. The same is true of mobile chemical labs that have been proven to exist in the past but can’t be found or proven to be destroyed now. Then there’s the atomized aluminum that an Indian engineering firm sold to Iraq. There’s only one use for that stuff and it’s solid rocket propellant…a banned substance under the UN agreement. Oh, the titanium centrifugal pumps they bought from the same company in India, we can’t forget them. They are designed to handle chlorine, a total of three times more chlorine than Iraq would need to treat it’s entire supply of potable water. That’s assuming they don’t need the equipment they already were using for that purpose. The other purpose for these pumps is chemical weapon precursers.

I guess the US standing up for an agreement and expecting it to be followed is being really mean and barbaric. We know they have the weapons. The way they are going about hiding them coupled with Saddams history of aggression doesn’t lead one to believe they are going to use them for defense only. Shooting first isn’t barbaric, waiting to sacrifice innocent people before you get off your ass and do something about a threat is stupid and barbaric. We don’t make our cops take a bullet or let an innocent person get shot before they fire on an armed assailant. Having the weapon and demonstrating hostile intent is enough. Hitler was doing the same things prior to WWII and the usual anti war suspects were making the same noises about him then. Gee, I guess some people just can’t learn from past mistakes.

I would like to know what country you’re from and why you think that this is the first time America has been the object of terror. It’s obvious that you are going to continue to stick your nose where it doesn’t belong. If we had this conversation in person it would be a different story.

Non-American, do you have the balls to tell us from what holier-than-thou country you’re from, so that maybe can lob a few “unbiased” and “objective” observations your way about your</> country?

I guess I missed this thread.

I'm an unapologetic Canadian. Left-centre all the way you right-wing, inhuman fascists!

“I’m dead against Bush, but I would love to see Saddam’s downfall - just not on Bush’s terms and not by his methods. And not under the banner of such outrageous hypocrisy.” John Le Carre"

Did anyone else notice that this guy isn't a supporter of President Hussein? Or did you read half way through the article, get pissed off, then make an emotional decision to flame?