PCT Questions

So I’ve been doing quite a bit of research lately and am trying to put everything together, but I have a few questions.

I plan on running test enanthate only. I have never run a full cycle and if something goes wrong I want be able to know exactly where the problem is coming from.

So this is what I am planning:
Week 1: 500mg E3D
Weeks 2-12: 250mg E3D

I am trying to figure out PCT and that’s where a few of my questions arise. I’m trying to put this all together first before I even think about purchasing the gear itself. I have read about the Anthony Roberts PCT protocol, but have a feeling I would be unable to get HCG or Aromasin. I’m therefore assuming running just the Nolva and Vit E would be pointless.

I was originally planning on running Nolva as follows:
Weeks 1-12: Test E Cycle
Weeks 13-14: OFF
Week 15: Nolva 40mg ED
Week 16: Nolva 40mg ED
Week 17: Nolva 20mg ED
Week 18: Nolva 20mg ED

I have recently come across the Test Stasis and Taper protocol, but am slightly confused about it. In the Steroid Newbie sticky it says:
PCT Option 2 (Test Stasis and Taper)
W 10-12 Off (if your cycle was enth 2 weeks is enough to drop down to normal levels)
W 13-14 Test Enth 40mg E3D (stasis portion to mimic normal hormone levels)
W 15-16 Test Enth 30mg E3D (taper portion)
W 17-18 Test Enth 20mg E3D
W 19-20 Test Enth 10mg E3D

But in the Test Stasis and Taper sticky it says:
Cycle ends, stop hcg if using,

start Waiting peroid:

Week 1-6 or 1-4: Test E 100mg per week
Taper off Arimidex or femara fully by week 3

Taper phase:

week 1-6

mg/ week: 80mg / 60mg/ 50mg/ 40mg/ 30mg/ 20mg

So would I run my cycle weeks 1-12 then run 100mg for 6 weeks THEN taper down for 6 weeks?
Would the Nolva PCT be better than the Taper?
Also, what would be a good BF% to be at before even thinking about running a cycle?

I apologize for the huge post, just trying to put everything together and do this right. I can’t see spending the cash and puttin in the time only to lose everything or harm myself with shitty PCT.

Stats:
Height: 6’1’’
Weight: 250
BF%: 16%

The test stasis protocol is a load of shit. It basically keeps people under inhibitory doses but at the same time doesn’t give you the ability to recover.

With cycles, every week past 8 weeks that you go typically increases the chance that you will have a harder time recovering. With a 12 week test e cycle, you will get 14 weeks inhibition at the minimum. I’m not an expert on your situation however, but I doubt you will notice significant difference between 14 weeks inhibition and 8-12 weeks inhibition in terms of gains, but you will notice a difference in terms of recovery (shorter inhibition time being highly correlated to faster recovery).

Anthony Roberts PCT with the use of HCG has been debunked because HCG in and of itself is inhibitory.

If you want a solid PCT, use clomid 50mg per day for 3-4 weeks with a frontload of 300mg on the first day. If you wish, you can add in nolva at 20-40 mg /day. I did this recently and noticed a much better recovery and some surprising loss of minor gyno that I had accumulated during my cycle.

Awesome, thanks for the info. I just recently came across the stasis protocol and was wondering how well it worked…scratch that from the list. I originally had my PCT set up with Clomid and Nolva, but a few ppl told me Nolva was better and it by itself was enough. I prefer the idea of using both though, thank you I will be doing that.

So in your opinion a 12 week cycle would be ok? A buddy of mine, who I’m quite sure has tried it all, suggested a 15 week cycle, but that seems like a long time to be running for me.

[quote]PWRLFTR62 wrote:
Awesome, thanks for the info. I just recently came across the stasis protocol and was wondering how well it worked…scratch that from the list. I originally had my PCT set up with Clomid and Nolva, but a few ppl told me Nolva was better and it by itself was enough. I prefer the idea of using both though, thank you I will be doing that.

So in your opinion would a 10 or even 8 week test e cycle be better as far as recovery, or would the difference be relatively small? Would 8 weeks be long enough to see any decent gains? A buddy of mine, who I’m quite sure has tried it all, suggested a 15 week cycle, but that seems like a long time to be running for me.[/quote]

Provided that you do a good PCT, I’m wiling to bet that you recover from even a 15 week cycle. The thing is, I don’t think you’ll see any major improvement in gains (physique or strength wise) from going beyond 8-10 weeks of inhibition. Why risk the potential trouble, which can be quite a pain the ass to deal with.

If I were you, I would personally just run prop the first and last weeks of your cycle and test e in between. Frontload the test e at the beginning of the cycle so that it kicks in as you come off the prop in week 2. Front load the prop as well (in week 1 and the last week).

I would aim for 8-10 weeks of inhibition personally, just because I like to err on the side of caution and want to get the most “bang for your buck” so to speak.

Thanks for that info. I edited my previous response, I felt I was just restating what you already said, glad you understood me. I agree, I’m trying to do this as safely as possible and get as much out of it as I can. Thanks again for all the help.

With a 12 week cycle a standard pct will be plenty. I would use the stasis/taper only if I was running a longer cycle. I use Nolva and clomid for pct and it always ha worked well for me.

I just came off a 12 week test e with dbol kickstart cycle. I waited 2 weeks after last injection to start nolva and did 40/40/20/20. I only felt like crap during PCT for a couple of days (just tired). I feel I recovered great for my first cycle and have only lost a couple of pounds after coming off. Strength has dropped off, but I really don’t care much about strength anyway.

I like the idea of running a test prop/test e cycle. I have never really heard of anyone doing that, but it would be a good way to get a 10 week cycle in and have good results. It seemed as though I wasn’t gaining much at the 10 week mark anyway (strength or weight).

[quote]captaina1984 wrote:
I just came off a 12 week test e with dbol kickstart cycle. I waited 2 weeks after last injection to start nolva and did 40/40/20/20. I only felt like crap during PCT for a couple of days (just tired). I feel I recovered great for my first cycle and have only lost a couple of pounds after coming off. Strength has dropped off, but I really don’t care much about strength anyway.

I like the idea of running a test prop/test e cycle. I have never really heard of anyone doing that, but it would be a good way to get a 10 week cycle in and have good results. It seemed as though I wasn’t gaining much at the 10 week mark anyway (strength or weight).[/quote]

I was thinking of doing a kickstart with either dbol or drol, but seeing that this is my first cycle I don’t think I will. How much weight did you gain from your cycle?