T Nation

PCT for 10 Week Cycle

fellas,

for a 10 wk cycle of test C run at 350/wk, how long should the taper last, and during which week should AI be introduced, and which week should a SERM be introduced.

I have concluded thru the reading I have done that an AI should always be used at the beggining of PCT to combat E overcompensation. But not sure when it(AI), as well as nolva/clom should come into play during the taper.
appreciate it

As with all steroid advice, the information can conflict with both the use of a’dex (AI) and nolva (SERM). With such a low dosage of test per week, it’s unlikely you would need a’dex. Alternatively, just yesterday, I read where KSman suggests the use of a’dex throughout a cycle, regardless of the feeling of bloat, in order to keep estrogen at bay and optimize the test.

Here’s what I would suggest: If you haven’t used a’dex through the cycle, you won’t need it for the stasis/taper portion. Keep it for next time. If you are using it, taper off during the stasis portion. Your stasis could be run for five weeks, at 100mg/wk. And how you taper off would depend on how you are taking it while on cycle. If taking every third day (E3D), either reduce the dosage, or increase the days in between dosage. Continue over a few weeks, either reducing dosage or increasing days in between, and taper off. Regardless, you should stop the a’dex during the stasis portion.

Now for the nolva. Use that during the actual taper, which I would run the following five weeks after the stasis. On your first week of reduced dosage, you could take 40mg/day for that week. Week two, 30mg/day, week three 20mg/day, and week four, 10mg/day. Finish the last week of taper with no SERM. The argument there is, some suggest no SERM at all during the stasis/taper. If you feel your natural test coming back online, ie - your testes are aching, then you may not need the SERM at all. So you could play it be ear. Or by teste.

And let me add to all this…

350mg a week is absolutely nothing. If you’re going to run shit, then actually run it and get your money’s worth.

Using a long estered test like cyp, I wouldn’t advise going below 500 for 12 weeks. Or you could crank it up to 800 or 900 for a shorter period, get better gains, and then have a quicker recovery in addition.

World

Yeah - it was hard to tell if he already ran or was running the cycle.

You can get great gains from 350mgs of REAL cyp a week. The notion that you need 500mgs, minemal, to grow is born out of the fact that most shit people are using is under dosed or not even the drug listed on the bottle. Get yourself a bottle of real, US pharmacy grade test E or cyp and see if you can not grow off 300mgs a week.

[quote]joeblow wrote:
You can get great gains from 350mgs of REAL cyp a week. The notion that you need 500mgs, minemal, to grow is born out of the fact that most shit people are using is under dosed or not even the drug listed on the bottle. Get yourself a bottle of real, US pharmacy grade test E or cyp and see if you can not grow off 300mgs a week.[/quote]

I’m all for the whole “more is not always better” thing in regards to AAS dosing, but there needs to be a starting point. As far as test goes 500mg is the min that I would ever run, even for the new guys. I think that after a gram a week of a single compound you tend to just be wasting gear.

True, you will grow off of 300mg/week, but there will be a noticeable positive difference bumping that up to 500mg/week.

greatly appreciated, will bump up mg/wk.

[quote]joeblow wrote:
You can get great gains from 350mgs of REAL cyp a week. The notion that you need 500mgs, minemal, to grow is born out of the fact that most shit people are using is under dosed or not even the drug listed on the bottle. Get yourself a bottle of real, US pharmacy grade test E or cyp and see if you can not grow off 300mgs a week.[/quote]

Or instead of wasting your time you could go with the tried true and proven 500-800 mg/wk for 12 or 8 weeks respectivly.

Why bother supressing your bodys natural abiltiy to produce test with such a small amount like 300 mg/wk?

The body produces around 35mgs a week. Running low dose your fine when you start out.

Guys on TRT feel great the first few weeks or months, then use AI to keep feeling great cause even at around 100mg of Test they get too much estrogen after a while.

So to me it makes sense to use Adex even on 500mg or less of Test, even if there’s no bloat or puffy nipples.

I agree than 350mg is on the low side, unless you stack it with something else of course. The TOTAL amount is more important. If you’re running a single roid, 350mg is a tad week unless it’s Tren.