PCT After 2 Year Cycle

I’m taking some time off after a bitter sweet 2 years of being completely jacked for strongman and power lifting. I have blasted and cruised depending on the time of year, used test, tren, masteron, anadrol, dbol, EQ, decca, NPP, ghrp-6, mod grf 1-29, insulin, and ipamorlean. This is the first proper PCT I will have ever done.

I am not concerned with stats on my body, I know I have been reckless with my anabolics use. It was kind of a self hate binge that got me 3 world records as a jr 242 in the GPC, 2nd place at albertas strongest man and a few wins at some shitty local strongman comps. Not good enough for me. The turning point was seeing myself go into a downward spiral of more and more potent anabolic compounds, mixing, upping doses and seeing minimal improvment for the price I was paying health wise. Now its time to take a step back, clean my diet up, give my head a shake and get a clean bill of health before I take any more ignorant risks.

I have always gotten blood work done. I can say my cholesterol has always been on the low end for both hdl and ldl, which the doctor said he saw no issues with.

I have always been a big advocate of “if your gonna do anything, go balls deep” so PCT includes:

Week 1 to 3, eod 2000iu HCG
Week 1 to 10, 1.25 mg letro monday friday
Week 3 to 7, 40 mg nolvadex every day
Week 3 to 7, 100 mg clomid (50 am 50 pm) ed

I am going for an EKG and requesting an ECG to make sure my heart doesnt have any abnormalities. I do expect left ventricle hypertrophy. Blood pressure has been averaging 146 over 67 for quite some time. Now that im off and have begun pct its more in the 125 over 65 range.

Have been eating much cleaner to get from 255 to 230 for canadas strongest man 105 class, and I am now concerned with my longevity in the sport. Articles like “The Dave Tate project” and others from Jim Wendler have hit home for me. How you can be so proficient in your lifts but be so frail doing day to day tasks. I dont want to burn out before its time, and I want to share my experience with anyone else finding themselves in a similar state of affairs. Its never too late to change your ways.

Anyways, that PCT along with improved diet, a rehab program involving deep tissue massage and lightening the deadlifts until my back feels 100%, some physio, more cardio and core work, and a light regimen of ipam and mod grf 1 29 (100 mcg 3x daily) is my 4 month plan to get back to baseline, then ruin my body all over again, with a little more… restraint we’ll say, better diet being the biggest change, and more calculated / modest use of anabolics.

Goals are to return my htpa axis to somewhat baseline function, keep blood pressure in check, let my back fully heal (not seriously injured but always cracking and stiff as fuck) and get my groin and TA firing as they should. Had a second hernia and left groin tear just before nationals end of march, 2 months before my last big meet as a jr… but shit happens when you train hard.

This coming week should be the visits to my doctors, training is going well for being clean. Still squatting 405 for triples, narrowed my stance after the groin tear. Back is feeling crispy so deadlifts are in mantanance phase. Started at 185 for sets of 8 for lots of sets, going up half plate every week till 5 plates. Bench is staying at about 315 for triples, overhead is staying at 225 x 8 seated. If the numbers can hover around there while my over use injuries heal I can get back to events training in about 2 or 3 months. Next post will be an update on blood work, ECG results and nothing much for htpa axis yet.

Good luck man hope all goes well. Not sure I really understand the logic of fixing your self just to wreck yourself again but, you need to do what you need to do and I applaud you for honestly being able to see and admit these problems. I can see them in my self but, I have yet to come to the conclusion on stopping and honestly the fear of dropping below 750mg of Test minimum scares the shit out of me. I guess for better or worse have adopted the mentality of I want to win and will do anything at any amount to try and get there and if my body gives out before it happens atleast I’ll die fighting for it.

Its mostly out of fear of cardiovascular failure. I could give a fuck if im sore, but if a guy has a heart attack, or gets arteriosclerosis at a young age, it’s game over. All I do for fun is lift, if I lose that, I may as well be dead. If your bp is in check, if your heart is healthy and your liver is functioning, I dont see any reason not to keep going. Health takes a back seat when your dead set on world records, but when its time for a break, go balls out like you did when you were trying to win a meet, and you"ll be doibg yourself some good. If nothing else, adding some time to your lifting career

I understand completely I do what I can to keep my numbers in check and so far all has been quite successful but even if with medication I started having health problems I dont know if I could stop chasing the records… I really don’t.

Just take a breather man. Besides, the gear works way better after a break. I was stuck pulling 655 before I got off last time, 5 months off went well, then 3 months on pulled 705. Was kinda like magic really

[quote]Biscuits wrote:
Its mostly out of fear of cardiovascular failure. I could give a fuck if im sore, but if a guy has a heart attack, or gets arteriosclerosis at a young age, it’s game over. All I do for fun is lift, if I lose that, I may as well be dead. If your bp is in check, if your heart is healthy and your liver is functioning, I dont see any reason not to keep going. Health takes a back seat when your dead set on world records, but when its time for a break, go balls out like you did when you were trying to win a meet, and you"ll be doibg yourself some good. If nothing else, adding some time to your lifting career[/quote]

Wise of you to think about your heart at such a young age. Are you getting your cardio in? Both you and Reed have some of your best lifting years ahead of you both. Smart to give consideration to being alive when you get there.

Well, I have seen both ends. People who use insane amounts of gear at a vaey young age and do just fine, and people who use a regular dose and end up with big issues down the road. Id rather be the one who lasts to be honest. I do a bit of cardio in the form of 30 second rest drop sets, medlys of events for strongman and some boring old steady state cardio on machines. Whatever I have time for on the day I do, and I train about 4 days a week at present. My job is 12 hr days so it doesnt leave a lot of time for extra stuff but at least 1 mile on the treadmill or about 10 mins of squatting 225 for sets of 8 with 30 seconds rest does me some good. Im not a marathon runner either though so my cardio wouldn’t be the same as lots of different types of conditioning

[quote]Biscuits wrote:
Well, I have seen both ends. People who use insane amounts of gear at a vaey young age and do just fine, and people who use a regular dose and end up with big issues down the road. Id rather be the one who lasts to be honest. I do a bit of cardio in the form of 30 second rest drop sets, medlys of events for strongman and some boring old steady state cardio on machines. Whatever I have time for on the day I do, and I train about 4 days a week at present. My job is 12 hr days so it doesnt leave a lot of time for extra stuff but at least 1 mile on the treadmill or about 10 mins of squatting 225 for sets of 8 with 30 seconds rest does me some good. Im not a marathon runner either though so my cardio wouldn’t be the same as lots of different types of conditioning[/quote]

I know you can really work up a huff while training but there’s nothing like a sustained elevated heart rate to help the old pumper. I thought I was in fairly good shape until I decided to run. What the hell, figured I’d start light with 2 miles; damn near thought I was going to have a heart attack!

That’s a crazy work schedule you have but just for shits and giggles, go out and run. Don’t plan on making it part of your training because your leg strength will suffer. I was doing 5 miles 3x a week and my squats started to go down hill.

See that’s what I find as well. Training sessions can be a 2 hr ordeal when all my foam rolling and stretching gets done proper, then the training its self, then cardio on top. So I try to incorporage the cardio onto the trainibg on squat day by doing as many sets as possible all crammmed into 10 mins. Where running takes about 13 mins a mile for a nice jaunt those squats are definately more work.

Deadlift day I was trying yo do the same thing but the dynamics of the deadlift make that a bad I dea in my opinion, so for dl day uts good ole spin bike or tread, and on bench and overhead days, super setting some arm work with some core at the very end seems to get the heart pumpin pretty good, then I jump on the cardio equipment for a while after that. Its gotta be cumulitive, cardio sucks but its important to do at least 3 times a week like you say dbl lung

[quote]Biscuits wrote:
cardio sucks but its important to do at least 3 times a week like you say dbl lung[/quote]

I’ve squatted heavy and ran 6 miles at a 9:30 pace. Every freakin step I took hurt but what a high an hour later! It’s a feeling like you want to take on the world but it doesn’t set in until after you get your breath back. lol!

Just an update. Almost done with the HCG, ready to start nolva and clomid next week. Made an appointment with a private cardiologist for end of january. Canada’s strongest man 105 and 90 kg class is being held around the end of july or the beginning of august so that gives me lots of time to recover, get checked and if all things are working fine, prepare for the season. training is really up amd down, grip is not going down at all it seems, lower back and groin are feeling great.

git a new bed to help with the back issues and physical therapy is ongoing and progressing. blood pressure is coming in at under 130 on average for systolic and coming up to normal on diastolic. cardio is not so laborous any more as I have cut 25 lbs to make 230 ish my normal weight. things are headed in the right direction

[quote]Biscuits wrote:
Just an update. Almost done with the HCG, ready to start nolva and clomid next week. Made an appointment with a private cardiologist for end of january. Canada’s strongest man 105 and 90 kg class is being held around the end of july or the beginning of august so that gives me lots of time to recover, get checked and if all things are working fine, prepare for the season. training is really up amd down, grip is not going down at all it seems, lower back and groin are feeling great.

git a new bed to help with the back issues and physical therapy is ongoing and progressing. blood pressure is coming in at under 130 on average for systolic and coming up to normal on diastolic. cardio is not so laborous any more as I have cut 25 lbs to make 230 ish my normal weight. things are headed in the right direction[/quote]

hey, hopefully it’s not too late, but i think you’re gonna want to switch the letro up for aromasin…

nolvadex reduces the blood levels of a-dex and letro, but not aromasin…

Well this is yet another update. Almost Done PCT, I had tapered down off the letro early as my balls are fully functioning and all, I will continue to taper nolva and clomid one week past the letro to avoid e rebound. Blood pressure has been decent and I have been keeping up with my conditioning and diet. I can run an easy 20 mins now and not be winded so thats looking alright. Im not sure my blood pressure moniters cuff is the right size so ill be getting a new one soon. appointment with the cardiologist is next week so im kind of holding my breath for that.

Aside from that traini g is going very well, no acne off cycle this time, lifts have only come down a bit from where they were “on” so this season is looking to be a great one. Nationals is mid may so me and the Ms. are periodizing our training to peak for May, and then its all about strongman season. unless I get a seat to world’s. anyway ill keep it updated every so often. as far as PCT goes this was a great sucess, I can lose amd gain weight as I wish. I have been as light as 225 and as heavy as 240 am weight within the last 2 months without too much trouble