PCT & Acne

Dr J,

how is this coming? did you tell the doctors about your AAS use, and did they have any ideas on the cause of the acne?

[quote]cycobushmaster wrote:
Dr J,

how is this coming? did you tell the doctors about your AAS use, and did they have any ideas on the cause of the acne?[/quote]

I told the hospital physician and my dermatologist (Both keeping it confidential between myself and GP). Both agreed that AAS use may have contributed to the acne (they said that it certainly didnt help but its not the main problem considering my use ended 1-2 months before this happened) however starting the course of accutane brought all of the oil out and caused the breakout (as everyone says accutane makes it worse before it gets better. My idiocy in picking/popping lead to the infection/breakdown of the surrounding skin.

However I would say that 90% of the problem could have been solved without hospitalization if we had known how to manage it sooner. Using the wrong dressing to cover it lead to more sores and more damaged skin. We were treating it as an open wound / sore as opposed to an ulcer. An absorbant foam, non stick dressing has done the trick along with iodine powder to dry / draw out the bad crap and take it out of the wounds. Second daily dressing to keep it fresh and clean. About 2 months and it will be healed unfortunately. Now back to training legs every other day.

Ouch! Skin ulcers are no joking matter. I work in the medical field. Don’t come across them too much of them though. Mostly cysts, lypomas, and abcesses in terms of dermatologist issues. Theyre more common in patients who are very obese and don’t move around lot or patients that have been hospitalized for lengthy periods and sit or lay in one position for extented periods of time (bed sores). In some serve untreated cases, gangrene is present and that’s very bad news. As long as it’s still superficial you should be fine. Good luck with your recovery bro. You may think of a stool softener or mild laxative to help with bowel movement since you’re on a few painkillers and may be having troubles defecating. They will back you up. But depending on the antibiotics the docs chose to put you on it might not be a problem because they can do the opposite.

Quick update. On heavy pain killers for dressing changes. The individual wounds are conversing into one large wound as the skin inbetween is still degrading and deteriorating. Appointment with the dermotologist today to talk about seeing a plastic surgeon.

Wow, I’m sorry to hear that.

Got any pics???

jesus! That sounds really bad mate. Hope you get it sorted

Deteriorating skin still after antibiotic treatment? What antibiotics were you on? Did you take all of them as prescribed? They should be in full swing by now. Keep us updated bro. Hopefully the Dermatologist has some better news for you.

[quote]DoctorJekyll wrote:
Quick update. On heavy pain killers for dressing changes. The individual wounds are conversing into one large wound as the skin inbetween is still degrading and deteriorating. Appointment with the dermotologist today to talk about seeing a plastic surgeon.[/quote]

dude that sounds insane!!! I feel like maybe you have some sort of underlying skin condition or someting, any ideas on what is causing it?? Or is it definitely the aas?

You definitely are going through the same thing as my buddy. His whole chest ended up being one big open wound, covered in this weird looking type of scab that was also kinda soft, pus coming out of some spots. But it did end up healing after a few months. Its been 2 years now and the skin has almost completely healed. Very minor scarring but you wouldn’t know he went through something like this unless he told you. He was prone to acne, had bad skin in high school. His father was the exact same, still has some scarring on his chest and face. I guess some people are susceptible to this. Would be interesting to find out what the common factor is.

Wishing you all the best man. Smoke alot of green to take your mind off it lol and then back to lifting once its all healed

Quick update. On heavy pain killers for dressing changes. The individual wounds are conversing into one large wound as the skin inbetween is still degrading and deteriorating. Appointment with the dermotologist today to talk about seeing a plastic surgeon.[/quote]

damn.

keep your head up, and hopefully you’ll be back to normal ASAP.

So the dermo said that if we go the route of skin graft we would be looking at a years recovery or more, going the way im going with dressings and keeping it covered 6 months, if I go down to the beach every day and let it soak in ocean water, along with sun it will take a month to heal significantly.

I was on flucloxycillin, Augmentin, cephalexin and one other i think, there is still some damaged purple skin that looks like it will break down joining some of the wounds, however the skin has granulated up a hell of a lot, showing proud flesh. Just a matter of toughening up the top layer so that it forms over the raw area.

Thankfully my GP and dermo are very good with pain killers. I have about 60 500mg codeine 30mg paracetamol tablets to keep me tided over for now.

I will crop a picture and post it soon.

Jekyll

Here it is. Thats right in the center of my chest, 5 by 6 inches.

Holy crap man, wishing nothing but the best for ya. At least you can go for a swim and soak up the sun. Heal well!

fuck! Are you sure it’s related to the steroids? I’ve never known anything like that to happen before

Worst case of acne i’ve ever seen, i wish you a speedy recovery man!

[quote]Yogi wrote:
fuck! Are you sure it’s related to the steroids? I’ve never known anything like that to happen before[/quote]

Its a combination, the AAS caused the build up of oil under my skin then starting accutane brought it all out in a huge flaire up. Then from there one went bad and the rest followed.

[quote]Yogi wrote:
fuck! Are you sure it’s related to the steroids? I’ve never known anything like that to happen before[/quote]

Its a combination, the AAS caused the build up of oil under my skin then starting accutane brought it all out in a huge flaire up. Then from there one went bad and the rest followed.[/quote]

shit man, and a skin graft? That’s heavy. I hope it all goes alright for you.

soo, will you be running any more aas after this is all taken care of?

[quote]eatliftsleep wrote:
soo, will you be running any more aas after this is all taken care of?[/quote]

It depends on how my skin looks after this is all clear. I’m on 80mg/day of accutane so if that doesnt keep it down i dont know what will.

Hey Hey guess what i’ve got to deal with on top of this!

FUCKEN MONO / Glandular Fever

Fucking dandy right?!?! As if i didnt have enough to deal with.