T Nation

PCT & Acne


#1

Hi All.

Quick update. Got a about 3 weeks left on my total 8/9 week pct after a 20 week cycle. Everything feels good, the boys are back in good shape, libido is still way way up with the new mrs (In the two months PCT there have been two days without getting sex at least twice).

However, i have a question about PCT acne and acne in general on cycle. I had a pretty bad breakout in PCT, not so much during cycle it was worse but pretty managable. A couple weeks ago my chest broke out, and has gotten nasty (Went cystic somehow and literally one turned into a hole) and ive got prescriptions coming out of my ass trying to deal with it (On accutane, prednisolone, painkillers, antibiotics 4x daily, anti inflams, slow release pain killers, heavier duty painkillers) and its no joke, i havent been able to train any upper body for the better part of two weeks.

I've been training legs every other day (Cant even squat because reaching behind to the bar opens the wounds). If i were to cycle again Im looking at high test and dbol for 8-10 weeks. Is there any way to minimize acne in pct or anything? or is it the luck of the draw?

Any input is appreciated.

Jekyll


#2

Have you ever used nettle root extract?

My back and shoulder acne has always been pretty bad, even off cycle. 2 weeks of nettle root, about 750mg per day cleared it right up. I’m back on test again and its nowhere near as bad as it used to be before.

Give it a shot. Super cheap. Paid $24.99 at goodness me. Came as a tincture.


#3

I use nettle root extract during PCT. It lowers SHBG


#4

Cheers fellas, started it after this all began and its been getting better (Skin as a whole). Will definitely run on cycle next time.


#5

I’ll run it off cycle too. Noticed definite improvements in strength and energy in general


#6

odd… Dr J, what did you run for PCT?


#7

20 days HCG @ 500 ED
20 days Aromasin @ 25mg
2 weeks Nolva @ 40mg
4 weeks Nolva @ 20mg

Just been admitted to hospital to get this wound under control, IV antibiotics etc. Its rediculous how one spot has gone so wrong. A word to the wise never pop or squeeze. Ever. I have about 2 and a half weeks of nolva to go but i cant take it while im in. Would it be fine to resume once im out for 2 weeks? Should be in for a couple days max hopefully.


#8

Hospital for acne? Holy shitballs


#9

[quote]eatliftsleep wrote:
Hospital for acne? Holy shitballs[/quote]

I know right, for something so harmless to go so wrong its retarded. Pretty much being treated like an ulcer. One big open wound and then a bunch surrounding going the same way.


#10

[quote]DoctorJekyll wrote:

[quote]eatliftsleep wrote:
Hospital for acne? Holy shitballs[/quote]

I know right, for something so harmless to go so wrong its retarded. Pretty much being treated like an ulcer. One big open wound and then a bunch surrounding going the same way. [/quote]

damn… good luck!

have you told your doc about the AAS use?

in reference to your earlier question, i wouldn’t worry too much about getting back on nolvadex… it might be worth it to get blood work done. the pain meds might screw up your prolactin and estrogen.


#11

Wow that’s crazy, hope they can figure out what caused it and fix ya up

A friend of mine went through something similar 2 years ago. Did a cycle of test and deca, didn’t do a proper PCT and somehow experienced the same thing. What started as pimples on his chest, shoulders and traps turned into similar open sores. Doctors weren’t informed of his AAS use and they prescribed accutane and prednisone, which seemed to make things worse. Off work for 6 months, couldn’t put a shirt on. Never touched gear again since then.


#12

They’re getting a wound specialist in to check it out, they’re treating them like ulcers at the moment except the spots are still degrading into these holes. Still on the prednisone, iv antibiotics and pain killers. Looks like I may be in here for the rest of the week. Hope this thread serves some help to others so they don’t end up like this. Acne may seem like a harmless side effect but god damn don’t ignore it.


#13

[quote]DoctorJekyll wrote:
They’re getting a wound specialist in to check it out, they’re treating them like ulcers at the moment except the spots are still degrading into these holes. Still on the prednisone, iv antibiotics and pain killers. Looks like I may be in here for the rest of the week. Hope this thread serves some help to others so they don’t end up like this. Acne may seem like a harmless side effect but god damn don’t ignore it.[/quote]

damn…

well, good luck while you’re in there. when you get out, i suggest loading up on antioxidants (Co Q10, Tudca, etc) as antibiotics are very hard on the liver and kidneys.


#14

[quote]cycobushmaster wrote:

[quote]DoctorJekyll wrote:
They’re getting a wound specialist in to check it out, they’re treating them like ulcers at the moment except the spots are still degrading into these holes. Still on the prednisone, iv antibiotics and pain killers. Looks like I may be in here for the rest of the week. Hope this thread serves some help to others so they don’t end up like this. Acne may seem like a harmless side effect but god damn don’t ignore it.[/quote]

damn…

well, good luck while you’re in there. when you get out, i suggest loading up on antioxidants (Co Q10, Tudca, etc) as antibiotics are very hard on the liver and kidneys. [/quote]

Thanks for the advice, will do.


#15

I’d get a decent probiotic for after your antibiotics are done too. Your gut’ll be all fucked up.

Prescript assist is a good choice


#16

[quote]Yogi wrote:
I’d get a decent probiotic for after your antibiotics are done too. Your gut’ll be all fucked up.

Prescript assist is a good choice[/quote]

good point.


#17

Short update, thought i might as well keep this thread rolling in case anyone has a problem like this.

The skin is still looking like its breaking down into more holes/ulcers. Current dressing is water proof with a non adhesive absorbant pad with a special pad underneath to draw up any moisture. In addition to its been covered with a betadine covering (kind of like a wet mesh like thing put inbetween the dressing and the absorbant pad). And for the worst part, to dry out and keep the wounds clean they put in powdered iodine (literally putting powder into the wounds). Still yet to see what it has done but all i can tell you is that it feels better now but it felt 100x worse than putting 1ml into my calf using 1" pins.


#18

any symptoms of high E? I know a dude who ran a month of letro to try and get rid of his pubertal gyno (didn’t work) and he stopped cold turkey without tapering off. He broke out in the worst acne I’ve ever seen.

Just a thought…


#19

Dont think so, 25mg aromasin ED and libido is fine, no gyno symptoms. I stopped letro cold turkey after i dried out for the show but i resumed adex 0.5 EOD at cruise dose before i begun my HCG / PCT. Once im out of hospital i’ll probably go get bloods done to make sure all my levels are okay.


#20

Serms themselves can cause acne