PCI Express 2.0

So my Vid card(99% sure) took a dump on me not to long ago and its an PCI Express 1.0. Well sense I dont have the $$$ right now to build a whole new computer I just wanted to replace the card and upgrade bit by bit. Well every thing now is PCI Exp. 2.0 or 3.0 and I was wondering if they are backwards compatible. From what I have found I think they are…

PCIe 2.0 motherboard slots are fully backward compatible with PCIe v1.x cards. PCIe 2.0 cards are also generally backward compatible with PCIe 1.x motherboards, using the available bandwidth of PCI Express 1.1. Overall, graphic cards or motherboards designed for v 2.0 will be able to work with the other being v 1.1 or v 1.0.

So I was wondering if any one had any advice and/or more info/suggestions on what I could do and a good card that would work.

My current MoBo ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe AM2 ATX AMD Motherboard - Newegg.com
current Processor AMD Athlon 64 X2 6400+ - Athlon 64 X2 Windsor Dual-Core 3.2 GHz Socket AM2 125W Processor - ADX6400CZWOF - Newegg.com

This is the Vid card I was looking at MSI R5770 Hawk Radeon HD 5770 1GB 128-bit Video Card - Newegg.com

Well since you bought an SLI board might as well try to use it.

Maybe 2 of these?