PC Problems

HEy guys I’m having a hard time with my PC.
I installed Windows7 build 7100 in June,It ran smooth until mid-Novemeber and it started to show me a blue screen of death.I ignored it a bit,then bam it wouldn’t boot and would show me the blue screen of death…I left it to fix it later…Now when I open safemode it restarted and after a couple of tries it gave me “Stop 0x000000A5” error and i cant seem to boot from the Windows 7 dvd so i can format it.Do you know what should I do?
thanx in advance :smiley:

Google it. There are forums far better than T-Nation to help with these sort of problems.

kegels

Well there’s a known black screen of death problem with Win 7 but I imagine there’s a fix for it by now (it was well documented enough to make the news). Not sure your BSODs have anything to do with that, though.
BSODs are typically caused by hardware or driver faults. Specifically, 0x000000A5 is a BIOS issue - but I’m not really enough of a tech geek to know how to remedy it. I’d check with Microsoft.

Throw it out the window.

[quote]Cal Jones wrote:
Well there’s a known black screen of death problem with Win 7 but I imagine there’s a fix for it by now (it was well documented enough to make the news). Not sure your BSODs have anything to do with that, though.
BSODs are typically caused by hardware or driver faults. Specifically, 0x000000A5 is a BIOS issue - but I’m not really enough of a tech geek to know how to remedy it. I’d check with Microsoft.[/quote]

Most likely going to be a RAM problem if you can’t boot from the DVD.

Turn your computer off and take your RAM out. Put it back in and make sure it is secure.

If this doesn’t work it’s probably a bad stick. So try booting the computer with each of the sticks individually. If it boots, you know you have a bad stick and need new RAM. If it doesn’t, it’s some other problem.

Also, try to reset your BIOS settings to factory default(If you changed them at all).

Get another hard drive, remove your current hard drive, insert the new one in it’s place.

Install Windows on the new drive and when that’s working, hook up the first HD again (NOT AS THE BOOT DRIVE!!!)

You’ll be able to access the first drive to extract any useful files/programs you need, but that HD isn’t going to work as a boot drive until it is completely reformatted since you have a BIOS problem.

The lesson from this is to NEVER IGNORE A BSOD!!! BSOD, like Cal Jones mentioned, means there is a hardware problem, whether the hardware is bad or has incompatible drivers. I got BSOD’s for a while about 3 years ago with Vista and as it turned out the RAM I had was faulty. Repeatedly making your computer access faulty hardware can lead to a short circuit or make files overwrite things in order to work properly.

This.

[quote]Anonymity wrote:

[quote]Cal Jones wrote:
BSODs are typically caused by hardware or driver faults. Specifically, 0x000000A5 is a BIOS issue - but I’m not really enough of a tech geek to know how to remedy it. I’d check with Microsoft.[/quote]

Most likely going to be a RAM problem if you can’t boot from the DVD.

Turn your computer off and take your RAM out. Put it back in and make sure it is secure.

If this doesn’t work it’s probably a bad stick. So try booting the computer with each of the sticks individually. If it boots, you know you have a bad stick and need new RAM. If it doesn’t, it’s some other problem.

Also, try to reset your BIOS settings to factory default(If you changed them at all).[/quote]

If he can’t get to the boot menu then its not going to be a RAM issue though. OP can you get to the boot menu?

[quote]samdan wrote:
Get another hard drive, remove your current hard drive, insert the new one in it’s place.

Install Windows on the new drive and when that’s working, hook up the first HD again (NOT AS THE BOOT DRIVE!!!)

You’ll be able to access the first drive to extract any useful files/programs you need, but that HD isn’t going to work as a boot drive until it is completely reformatted since you have a BIOS problem.

The lesson from this is to NEVER IGNORE A BSOD!!! BSOD, like Cal Jones mentioned, means there is a hardware problem, whether the hardware is bad or has incompatible drivers. I got BSOD’s for a while about 3 years ago with Vista and as it turned out the RAM I had was faulty. Repeatedly making your computer access faulty hardware can lead to a short circuit or make files overwrite things in order to work properly.[/quote]

Don’t do this, the BIOS is not on your HD, replacing an HD will NOT solve a BIOS issue. IF it was an HD issue you wouldnt get a blue screen, you would get a message like: Operating System not found or just a blank black screen after your computer POSTs. What else have you tried, I havent used win7, but I know Vista/XP you can goto the advanced boot options (F8) and try last known good incase you installed something recently. Or you can try safe mode as well, if safe mode works then its generally a software or driver issue in which case you can check device manager for any bangs in there.

Foam Roll it.

It’s probably an ACPI BIOS issue. Don’t reinstall if or anything, you can’t fix a BIOS problem by messing with the OS. I recommend having geek squad come fix it for you.

[quote]Marlind wrote:
HEy guys I’m having a hard time with my PC.
I installed Windows7 build 7100 in June,It ran smooth until mid-Novemeber and it started to show me a blue screen of death.I ignored it a bit,then bam it wouldn’t boot and would show me the blue screen of death…I left it to fix it later…

Now when I open safemode it restarted and after a couple of tries it gave me “Stop 0x000000A5” error and i cant seem to boot from the Windows 7 dvd so i can format it.Do you know what should I do?
thanx in advance :D[/quote]

STOP: 0x000000A5 (Parameter1, Parameter2, Parameter3, Parameter4)
The ACPI Bios in this system is not fully compliant to the specification. Please read the Readme.txt for possible workarounds, or contact your system vendor for an updated bios.

The bios in this system is not fully ACPI compliant. Please contact your system vendor for an updated bios. If you are unable to obtain an updated bios or the latest bios supplied by your vendor is not ACPI compliant, you can turn off ACPI mode during text mode setup.

To do this, simply press the F7 key when you are prompted to install storage drivers. The system will not notify you that the F7 key was pressed–it will silently disable ACPI and allow you to continue your installation."

that is what the stop error is if you have been using 7 since june you had a beta copy and now that its full blown there have been updates that your computer and 7 don’t agree on you can try to install a new hard drive and go back to xp or even partition the current hard drive and install a different OS and see if you can update your bios not sure on your computer builder is it self built or a dell?

A+ thread.

I should hang around computer nerd forums too. I like reading about this shit…

Please carry on.

Thnax to every one for ur help…:smiley: Imma see what I can do …:slight_smile:

[quote]Ct. Rockula wrote:
kegels[/quote]

LMFAO!

Somehow, some way this is a relevant response.

lol