T Nation

PC Game Suggestions

[quote]waylanderxx wrote:
I am eagerly awaiting the release of Diablo 3.
[/quote]

I was too - 6 years ago. Not so much anymore.

[quote]buffalokilla wrote:
waylanderxx wrote:
I am eagerly awaiting the release of Diablo 3.

I was too - 6 years ago. Not so much anymore.[/quote]

Haha, agreed.

Fallout 3

CoD 4. Epic win.

And love it or hate it, WoW is addictive.

I’m headed to Best Buy shortly and am taking a list of games to look for/at. Thank you everyone.

[quote]HangerBaby wrote:
dday wrote:
I don’t play video games very often but recently my wifes company bought her a new computer that is “super bad ass” to quote the guy who built it. Anyway I’m wanting a new game to test out just how bad ass this thing is. I don’t have the specs but it should handle about any game out there.
I like first person shooters like Quake 4, F.E.A.R and such, those are the only games I’ve ever played all the way through.
Suggestions please.

sweet avatar[/quote]

Thanks! Always been a big fan of Ice Cube.

[quote]RSGZ wrote:
Fishdog70 wrote:
Crysis was an interesting game and will test out your PC’s graphic capabilities.

I was just about to suggest that.

Want to test it’s limits? Give Crysis a shot.[/quote]

We have a winner!
Bought Crysis a bit ago, after 30min of loading I played it for about 30min, really cool game, so far I like it a lot. Default settings are running on high, next time I play it I’ll bump it all the way to see if the PC will hold up.
Thanks again everyone, can’t wait to play this game some more.

Fallout 3 is one of the best games I’ve played in years.

With the ability to download mods for it on PC you can play the game 10 times over and have it be really crazy different.

No offence but games won’t determine how badass that pc really is or might be.

Benchmark it, do all those high-tech shit computer tests of which I forgot the names and that’ll tell you exactly how badass it is.

I doubt it really is that awesome unless they dropped 5k+ on it.

[quote]Sick Rick wrote:
I doubt it really is that awesome unless they dropped 5k+ on it.[/quote]

You can build a box that qualifies for ridiculous badassery for a little over $3000 right now. i7 940, 12GB DDR3, $1300 worth of video cards of your choice, a pair of Velociraptors striped, and Gigabyte’s top end mobo, etc. $5k would just mean you don’t know how to shop.

-Dan

TrackMania:

http://www.trackmania.com/en/index.php?lang=en&rub=downloads

Not sure how much it’ll push your rig, but you won’t care because you’ll be having so much ridiculous fun.

Warning: It’s highly addictive.

Did I mention it’s free? No? Well, it’s free too.

[quote]dday wrote:
RSGZ wrote:
Fishdog70 wrote:
Crysis was an interesting game and will test out your PC’s graphic capabilities.

I was just about to suggest that.

Want to test it’s limits? Give Crysis a shot.

We have a winner!
Bought Crysis a bit ago, after 30min of loading I played it for about 30min, really cool game, so far I like it a lot. Default settings are running on high, next time I play it I’ll bump it all the way to see if the PC will hold up.
Thanks again everyone, can’t wait to play this game some more.
[/quote]

Played a bit again last night and kicked it up to max settings on all, run flawlessly, it could get harder later.

[quote]dday wrote:
dday wrote:
RSGZ wrote:
Fishdog70 wrote:
Crysis was an interesting game and will test out your PC’s graphic capabilities.

I was just about to suggest that.

Want to test it’s limits? Give Crysis a shot.

We have a winner!
Bought Crysis a bit ago, after 30min of loading I played it for about 30min, really cool game, so far I like it a lot. Default settings are running on high, next time I play it I’ll bump it all the way to see if the PC will hold up.
Thanks again everyone, can’t wait to play this game some more.

Played a bit again last night and kicked it up to max settings on all, run flawlessly, it could get harder later.

[/quote]

Cool, what’s the spec anyway?

[quote]RSGZ wrote:
buffalokilla wrote:
waylanderxx wrote:
I am eagerly awaiting the release of Diablo 3.

I was too - 6 years ago. Not so much anymore.

Haha, agreed.[/quote]

Chances are you will still buy it and love it though.

The real question is can you watch HD porn on it

[quote]hardgnr wrote:
RSGZ wrote:
buffalokilla wrote:
waylanderxx wrote:
I am eagerly awaiting the release of Diablo 3.

I was too - 6 years ago. Not so much anymore.

Haha, agreed.

Chances are you will still buy it and love it though.[/quote]

The only reason I might still buy it is because one developer used the phrase: “Diablo 3: Now with unicorns and rainbows!”

I won’t buy it.

[quote]buffalokilla wrote:
hardgnr wrote:
RSGZ wrote:
buffalokilla wrote:
waylanderxx wrote:
I am eagerly awaiting the release of Diablo 3.

I was too - 6 years ago. Not so much anymore.

Haha, agreed.

Chances are you will still buy it and love it though.

The only reason I might still buy it is because one developer used the phrase: “Diablo 3: Now with unicorns and rainbows!”

I won’t buy it.[/quote]

Wait, are you going to buy it or no? Lol @ contradiction…

[quote]waylanderxx wrote:
I am eagerly awaiting the release of Diablo 3.

I also wanted to try AOC, I actually just heard about it recently but from what I could gather it is more addictive than WoW. When I played WoW I had no life for like 6 months, so I’m staying away from anything like it lol.[/quote]

I didnt like it as much as wow, it has some parts that are superior but other parts that bugged the shit out of me. I played at launch though when its always buggie… it compeletly destroyed my old rig though so I had to build a new computer just to play… it runs 80fps on AoC so itll be fine for atleast 3 more years…

and yes, it is more demanding then crysis, AoC+high quality graphics setting + water = hardest thing to render in pc land right now…

[quote]RebornTN wrote:
Wait, are you going to buy it or no? Lol @ contradiction…[/quote]

Nope. That quote was simply its last glimmer of hope of a purchase.

Counter-strike