PB Grow! Bars

[quote]needinghelp wrote:
I was just wondering, would eating a Grow! bar post work-out have the same effect as a Grow! shake? I can’t stand mixing powder with water and often find myself unable to mix and drink a shake until well after my work-out. I was wondering if I could eat a bar instead and receive the same effect?[/quote]

How long is “well after” your workout?

[quote]Hot AZ wrote:
I beat up a Canadian at the Staley conference to acquire my first one (thanks vroom, just teasing!). It was FANTASTIC!!!

Note to self: get locks for cupboards…[/quote]

Chris Shugart shared a bite of his at the seminar. I ordered a box yesterday!

Prof x,

As in ‘well after’ I mean almost an hour after I work out. I know I need to have the protein as quickly as possible (within 20 mins) after a workout, and with a fast acting protein such as Whey. Are the shakes more efficient or will the bar work just the same?

[quote]needinghelp wrote:
Prof x,

As in ‘well after’ I mean almost an hour after I work out. I know I need to have the protein as quickly as possible (within 20 mins) after a workout, and with a fast acting protein such as Whey. Are the shakes more efficient or will the bar work just the same?
[/quote]

Shakes are more easily digested, and one hour and under after training is not that long. While some new studies seem to support a window of opportunity that last for hours after training, the commonly held belief is that you have about 45min to an hour to take advantage of forcing more nutrients into muscle tissue (granted carbohydrates are present). I tend to stick with that regardless of what comes out because it has worked up this point. If it ain’t broke, why fix it?

This thread need to DIE. I have yet to get my mits on one of these and am salivating to try one.

[quote]Phill wrote:
This thread need to DIE. I have yet to get my mits on one of these and am salivating to try one.

[/quote]

I’m eating one right now and it tastes sooooooooo good. It is like an orgasm in my mouth. You know those old pictures of what heaven is supposed to be like with the angels and the clouds and the everlasting life…it’s like that…only edible. OH GAWD, I just hit a peanut.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
It is like an orgasm in my mouth. [/quote]

Umm Prof, you may want to reword that.

[quote]Testy1 wrote:
Professor X wrote:
It is like an orgasm in my mouth.

Umm Prof, you may want to reword that.
[/quote]

It’s ok. I have napkins.

Thx now my picture of these things will be skewed forever.

Good one though.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Phill wrote:

I’m eating one right now and it tastes sooooooooo good. It is like an orgasm in my mouth. You know those old pictures of what heaven is supposed to be like with the angels and the clouds and the everlasting life…it’s like that…only edible. OH GAWD, I just hit a peanut. [/quote]

These are great - in my humble opinion, even better than the Chocolate Brownie flavor, which I also love.

Now these have created a problem though – my wife loves them too, so my Grow! bar expense is going to go up. I’m sure that breaks your heart.

Has anyone let their kids try these? My 17 month old hears the wrapper and comes running. He ends up eating almost half of mine. Geez.

Just ate the new PB Grow! Bar. Well, I like the old bars better. But I still like the new ones.

[quote]sandyjoyce wrote:
Has anyone let their kids try these? My 17 month old hears the wrapper and comes running. He ends up eating almost half of mine. Geez.
[/quote]

That’s gonna be a buff kid :wink:

Can’t wait till my order arrives, should be here on Monday or Tuesday.

I love the PB bars!

I just got mine! They are delicious, but the word “crunch” in the name is a bit deceptive. I was wondering how they were going to get “crunch” without some crap like crisped rice. They aren’t crunchy at all.
They ARE, however, the best dang tastin’ protein bar I’ve ever had.

[quote]mica617 wrote:
I just got mine! They are delicious, but the word “crunch” in the name is a bit deceptive. I was wondering how they were going to get “crunch” without some crap like crisped rice. They aren’t crunchy at all.
They ARE, however, the best dang tastin’ protein bar I’ve ever had.[/quote]

Peanut Butter “Mush” Bars With Nuts just doesn’t flow off the tongue.

I echo this!

Just got the 2 boxes I ordered plus a free box.

Taste pretty good, but more of a creamy texture…no crunch…

Overall a great bar for 250 cal…