T Nation

PB Grow! Bars

Oh. My. The box is gone.

Okay, maybe not (yet), but these things are fan-fucking-tastic! By far the best bar I’ve ever tasted.

I was really looking foward to these, and they absolutely came through.

Hats off again to Biotest.

Fed, the nutrition stats:

250 cal
9g fat (3.5 sat)
21g carbs
22g protein

Abolutely awesome!!! And I generally prefer chocolate.

Not sure if any of you have noticed, but the ingredients for the PB bars say they have Micellar Casein

I was surprised with one of them including in my most recent shipment. They are unbelievable!

Well, I received my PB grow bars today, and…

Holy. Shit.

These things are freaking great. I got a chocolate brownie one as a sample in a previous shipment, and I gotta say, this one tastes MUCH better (IMO), and I am a chocolate guy.

Excellent product without a doubt.

I never thought I’d say this, but I’ve come to the conclusion that Biotest is EVIL. Pure evil. I had my first PB Grow bar today and had a sudden urge to eat the other 35!!! You evil bastards!!! There is no way these things can be healthy. I love the chocolate brownie, but the PB is just pure sin. How am I supposed to eat just one at a time? Shit. Don’t you guys ever come out with another flavor. My id couldn’t take it. It’s taking all of my willpower not to run to the cupboard and raid my stash right now. Evil—that’s what it is…

[quote]Jeff_with_a_G wrote:
I never thought I’d say this, but I’ve come to the conclusion that Biotest is EVIL. Pure evil. I had my first PB Grow bar today and had a sudden urge to eat the other 35!!! You evil bastards!!! There is no way these things can be healthy. I love the chocolate brownie, but the PB is just pure sin. How am I supposed to eat just one at a time? Shit. Don’t you guys ever come out with another flavor. My id couldn’t take it. It’s taking all of my willpower not to run to the cupboard and raid my stash right now. Evil—that’s what it is… [/quote]

Jeff, locks on the cupboard doors are the only thing I’ve found to keep from eating all of my Peanut Butter Grow! bars at one time. They are sooooo good!

[quote]T-Mag Mod wrote:
Jeff_with_a_G wrote:
I never thought I’d say this, but I’ve come to the conclusion that Biotest is EVIL. Pure evil. I had my first PB Grow bar today and had a sudden urge to eat the other 35!!! You evil bastards!!! There is no way these things can be healthy. I love the chocolate brownie, but the PB is just pure sin. How am I supposed to eat just one at a time? Shit. Don’t you guys ever come out with another flavor. My id couldn’t take it. It’s taking all of my willpower not to run to the cupboard and raid my stash right now. Evil—that’s what it is…

Jeff, locks on the cupboard doors are the only thing I’ve found to keep from eating all of my Peanut Butter Grow! bars at one time. They are sooooo good![/quote]

Yeah, I think the lock is the way to go. My wife just tried one before her workout. Gotta hide the other 34 now. This sucks.

someone mentioned “out of the fridge” earlier…but i have to say that throwing the bar into the microwave for like 8 seconds makes it even better… all warm amd mushy…

[quote]Lonnie123 wrote:
someone mentioned “out of the fridge” earlier…but i have to say that throwing the bar into the microwave for like 8 seconds makes it even better… all warm amd mushy…[/quote]

I agree with this. Heating one up and then washing it down with a cold glass of milk and vanilla Grow! cannot be beat.

Tastes great and the only suggestion for improvement would be to add more peanut chips to make it crunchier.

how many are in a box?

[Mod Note: 36]

My wife and I love the new peanut butter crunch bars. They are very yummy!

Christopher

They have Micellar Casein in these new PB Grow! bars? Can anyone confirm this for me? If so, what’s the ratio here? Is it similar to Low-Carb Grow! where its around or over 50% Casesin (of the protein source that is)?

Did the chocolate ever have Micellar Casein in it??

[quote]Tank53 wrote:
They have Micellar Casein in these new PB Grow! bars? Can anyone confirm this for me? If so, what’s the ratio here? Is it similar to Low-Carb Grow! where its around or over 50% Casesin (of the protein source that is)?

Did the chocolate ever have Micellar Casein in it??[/quote]

It does have micellar casein. It’s listed last in the protein blend behind milk-protein isolate, Ion-exchanged whey-protein isolate,and whey protein hydrolysate so I don’t think it is near 50% but I couldn’t say for sure.

The chocolate brownie Grow! bar just says casein. It doesn’t say micellar casein.

That’s it, rub it in, you gits! - The rrp for 12 bars here is - 34.99 Pounds for 12 bars - 2.91 a bar - That’s 5 dollars n 12 cents a bar. :frowning: Not to say that it’s just Biotest that are pricy - most bars here come in @2.50 ish.

I just bought some. They do taste decent. You guys at Biotest did a good job with these.

Holy moly! Just had my first peanut butter Grow! bar. Wow. I didn’t think the chocolate brownie could be topped, but it has been!

Nice work!

I beat up a Canadian at the Staley conference to acquire my first one (thanks vroom, just teasing!). It was FANTASTIC!!!

Note to self: get locks for cupboards…

I was just wondering, would eating a Grow! bar post work-out have the same effect as a Grow! shake? I can’t stand mixing powder with water and often find myself unable to mix and drink a shake until well after my work-out. I was wondering if I could eat a bar instead and receive the same effect?