Pavel's PTP Program?

Hi,

After 5 months of CW’s 2X day training, I’m sick of spending time in the gym!

I was thinking of basically doing pull-ups (20 or 30 spread throughout the day), push-ups (a few hundred spread throughout the day) and Pavel’s GTG program for deadlifting: which is essentially deadlifting 2 sets of 5 reps daily at 80% of your 5RM, five days per week.

1. Is it possible to gain mass on a program like this?

2. Would simply deadlifting give you a good figure?

I’m not interested in becoming a bodybuilder, I just want to be big and strong.

RIght now I DL 240, and weigh 170, am 22 years old, weight training for two years.

Thank you!

doing push ups will not get you big and strong. pavels routines are not for mass. they will put strength on you though. sick of spending time in the gym??? you will not make your goals if you say things like that.

Right, PTP is not designed to put on mass. You might try compound lifts and compress the time of your workout via EDT to get more efficient.

Do Power to the People as it is in the book, which is deadlifts and standing military presses. Add the pullups with grease. PTP doesnt take long to do on a daily basis.
Otherwise, take a week or two off. Decide what your goals are and go from there.

Hi,

Thanks for all the answers.

1. If you gain 100 pounds on your DL, I would assume you would have to put on mass?

You can’t gain 100 pounds a lift when it is not due to mass gain, even if you ‘practice’ the lift often.

1. If I am doing 20 pull ups spread throughout the day, wouldn’t it be too much to add in military presses too?

Thanks

[quote]madmaxs wrote:
You can’t gain 100 pounds a lift when it is not due to mass gain, even if you ‘practice’ the lift often.

Thanks[/quote]

Why not?

The posterior chain is capable of huge lifts when properly trained. I’m not going to put any parameters on proper training, cause there are a million ways, but I disagree that you can’t gain 100 lbs on the deadlift not due to mass gain.

[quote]madmaxs wrote:
Hi,

After 5 months of CW’s 2X day training, I’m sick of spending time in the gym!
[/quote]

Well -please…Do Tell!
Can you share what sort of progress you made with HFT?
Where did you begin?
Where did you end up?
Was it worth it?

peace